• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW ESPN reports Hawks mulling potential trades to bring in LeBron AND Melo!

GameTime

I hope ESPN burns in hell. They used us last year with crybaby Dwight and cp3 and now this year with LeHoe and ghetto a$$ Melo and his baby mama sperm dispenser LaLa. Burn in hell ESPN, you cruel Bostonian joke of a network.

C'mon Spud2Nique...don't sugar coat it...tell us how you really feel :^)

• Like 2

First of all I don't know why everybody is up in arms about this. When Zach Lowe came out with his article I say that it is a nice pipe dream that will never happen. Even if ESPN wants to bring up our names into the mix that does not mean anything because it will get us upset and mad again about something that will never happen.

We should stay the course the NBA Finals taught us all a lesson that Team will outdo Superstar. We got a team like that in Atlanta, maybe it is not star studded like other teams but this team plays their butts off and they leave it all out on the floor every game. One day a superstar will come but I am staying commit to what Danny Ferry and Coach Bud is doing for this team. We make our own stars not begging for one to come.

• Like 1

Being an underdog. We have been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade. No one takes the Hawks serious and when we might have a chance to get the best player in the league you don't want him??

ARE YOU CRAZY?

I have endured this losing and not contending long enough. If Bron comes here (which he probably won't) I'm the first in line to get them jerseys baby!!! Im talking so much trash to all my friends to talk down on the Hawks year after year. At the end of the day I want the Hawks to win a title. Hell make it to the ECF. Years and years of losing and disappointment and you don't want to be a legit contender with a freaking superstar. Some of you guys kill me.

I mean the chat will not be the same, because its the best chat when we are losing, its freaking hilarious to be honest but I want to win.

Make it happen Ferry.

• Like 3

First of all I don't know why everybody is up in arms about this. When Zach Lowe came out with his article I say that it is a nice pipe dream that will never happen. Even if ESPN wants to bring up our names into the mix that does not mean anything because it will get us upset and mad again about something that will never happen.

We should stay the course the NBA Finals taught us all a lesson that Team will outdo Superstar. We got a team like that in Atlanta, maybe it is not star studded like other teams but this team plays their butts off and they leave it all out on the floor every game. One day a superstar will come but I am staying commit to what Danny Ferry and Coach Bud is doing for this team. We make our own stars not begging for one to come.

Adding Melo and Lebron and replacing Sap and Teague isn't just staying on course, it's becoming the team with the elite talent who plays like a team. Think LA Lakers Showtime, Bulls Jordan, or Russell Celtics. We can develop players a lot easier with Lebron James than Sap or Teague.

Being an underdog. We have been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade. No one takes the Hawks serious and when we might have a chance to get the best player in the league you don't want him??

ARE YOU CRAZY?

I have endured this losing and not contending long enough. If Bron comes here (which he probably won't) I'm the first in line to get them jerseys baby!!! Im talking so much trash to all my friends to talk down on the Hawks year after year. At the end of the day I want the Hawks to win a title. Hell make it to the ECF. Years and years of losing and disappointment and you don't want to be a legit contender with a freaking superstar. Some of you guys kill me.

I mean the chat will not be the same, because its the best chat when we are losing, its freaking hilarious to be honest but I want to win.

Make it happen Ferry.

They want him, they just don't want to get their hopes up. They are scared of rejection. In my world, if you haven't been rejected, you haven't lived.

C'mon Spud2Nique...don't sugar coat it...tell us how you really feel :^)

Lmao I'm sorry I'm just tired of being teased. Specially back to back years. Just being used as a team to throw out there by espn to give fans hope of a bright future only to snag away all hope come July 1st. It's cruel.

• Admin

Adding Melo and Lebron and replacing Sap and Teague isn't just staying on course, it's becoming the team with the elite talent who plays like a team.

the thing is that they are not coming here and we would have traded two quality starters for nothing

• Premium Member

Lmao I'm sorry I'm just tired of being teased. Specially back to back years. Just being used as a team to throw out there by espn to give fans hope of a bright future only to snag away all hope come July 1st. It's cruel.

If the Hawks are being used as leverage (which in this case I wouldn't doubt), then I wants no part of it either.
  • Like 1

We should use Dwight and CP as examples when we have our pitch. I mean just look at the situations they're in right now lol

Clippers are basically just realizing that Doc could only effect the team so much and the controversy didn't help anything

Rockets just realized that they really don't have the pieces to make the finals in the West.

Both those players could have teamed up in ATL and been in the ECF, maybe even the finals this year in honesty..

We should use Dwight and CP as examples when we have our pitch. I mean just look at the situations they're in right now lol

Clippers are basically just realizing that Doc could only effect the team so much and the controversy didn't help anything

Rockets just realized that they really don't have the pieces to make the finals in the West.

Both those players could have teamed up in ATL and been in the ECF, maybe even the finals this year in honesty..

Honestly, we can go ten deep

Dennis/15 pick

Korver/Jenkins

Bron/DMC

Melo/Antić

Horford/Bebe/Muscala

Sign a 2nd rounder or Mack.

And also point out the Lebron would be joining the very same system that crushed his talent-laden Heat team.

All while staying in the weaker Eastern Conference.

Pretty good odds of going to the NBA Finals for sure, and potentially pitting Spurs system vs. Spurs system with Lebron & Melo?

Yeah, I'd think about it.

Call me crazy - but does anyone else feel like there's something hollow about buying a championship vs. organically growing a team (ala the Spurs). Yes, we need a superstar, and yes, free agency is a key component of team building, but I'd feel infinitely more satisfied if we drafted our own stud or traded for a burgeoning one.

(Yes, I'm crazy. Carry on.)

Totally agree here and I've been accused of not being a hawks fan for that opinion.

Rent a championship just doesn't excite me

• Like 1

I refuse to pay for ajc...so can you fill me in with what Schultz said?

He basically says he thinks Bron is using the Hawks as a ploy and he doesn't think Melo will be in Atlanta and says Lebron just wants more money. He's wrong in the case of Bron but he really just doesn't have no reason, just thinks the Hawks just aren't that team yet even though he respects them now. The same thing some of you think, it's the Hawks. They go to teams that people care about, not the Hawks.

Am I really seeing multiple people say no thank you to the greatest player of this generation?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Some of the fans are just so used to being mediocre that a sudden jump to being an elite team would just be too much change for them to handle.

• Premium Member

This one is free.

He basically says he thinks Bron is using the Hawks as a ploy and ... Lebron just wants more money.

What? He didn't say that at all.

Edit:

Direct quote from the article: It makes no sense for him to leave Miami. Opting out is about leverage. The Heat were smoked by San Antonio in the finals, and James wants the organization to improve the cast around him.

Edited by supermariowest