• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Atlanta Hawks are 28th in the League in Rebounds Per Game

Bonkers

Rebounding is our biggest problem right now .... Other then that we are playing good team ball .... Maybe as the season progresses we can look for another rebounder .... I wouldn't be surprised if a John Henson is available

I like! I like!

Can't think of a good trade but we may be able to pull Henson away for basically nothing.

Would like to see what muscala can do on the boards before considering any trades though.

• Moderators

Rebounds are not the most important thing. Wins and losses are. We shoot a ton of 3's and we don't crash the offensive glass and we're undersized on defense so of course we're going to be deficient there.

Yeah.  We better fix this rebounding thing so we can be a top rebounding team with the other elite teams like sacramento, detroit, indy, and minny.

• Like 2

Rebounding is our biggest problem right now .... Other then that we are playing good team ball .... Maybe as the season progresses we can look for another rebounder .... I wouldn't be surprised if a John Henson is available

Why Henson? I know he's 6'11. Is he a good rebounder? What are his numbers compared too Millsap?

Yeah.  We better fix this rebounding thing so we can be a top rebounding team with the other elite teams like sacramento, detroit, indy, and minny.

Interesting....I didn't realize those were the top rebounders.  It can be a misleading stat because I'm sure in Detroit's case it's because of guys like Jennings and Josh Smith.  If you shoot enough bricks you're going to get chances to pad those rebounding stats.

I don't believe the problem is Milsap ... I think bringing in Henson to also help (along with Sap and Horford).  

Gotcha, but like @JTB said, how about we give Moose a chance.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

DO I have to be the honest man in the room??

What good is an defensive philosophy where you abandon the offensive glass, if you are not sucking up the defensive glass all the time.   What good is a stop, if the other team can get the rebound and reset??  One of our focus should be rebounding.  Moreover, the problem isn't Sap.  The problem is Horford.  He's pulling down 8 rebounds per game (16th amoung Centers).   If we could swing it, I would send Dennis and the rights to Eddy to Minn for Gorgui Dieng.   He heals all of our wounds.  He gives us a natural big who can block shots and rebound.  Minny would be interested because Rubio stays hurt.

• Moderators

John Henson is a shotblocking long player.  Reasonably athletic but no polish on offense.  He has averaged about 10 rp36 and 2 bp36 the last few years.  I don't think you have to look at him as a replacement for either Horford or Millsap but Sap has been about 9 rp36 and 1 bp36 and Horf has been 9.5 rp36 and 1 bp36 for his career.  Henson would improve length and be the team's best shot blocker from the get go but he hasn't been able to displace Larry Sanders as the starter in Milwaukee and they are too similar to play extended minutes together.

• Moderators

I'm sure we just don't understand Bud's system. After all, ball possession isn't that important in a sport where you need the ball to score. Wait, what?

I hear ya but rankings are the same whether you're talking about rebounds or education.  Someone is going to be last.   Being ranked 27th doesn't necessarily mean you suck at it.   There could be two rebounds seperating first and last.   There aren't of course but without any context, being near the bottom doesn't mean much.