• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pistons

lethalweapon3

Boy this was nerve racking. I never feel like we're going to lose a game anymore but until the end I never felt like we were in control at all. Some games are gonna be like this though and the D has to carry us.

I'd much rather us getting a tough win carried by good D than by good shooting.

Espn segment on hawks was awesome. It would be crazy the day that being a hawks fan is considered cool!

• Like 1

We had a rough game... These are the games I'm used to losing. They won by double digits, vs a hot team. Shot like shit, got killed on the boards.... Didn't matter. Hell Teague had an awful night....

These afternoon games are always weird.  Flukey game.  We'll be back to the Hawks we know vs. Indy.

I agree - look across the league at all five of the early afternoon games. All ugly, brutal, out of sync games. Everyone is out of rhythm.

Great crowd for a Monday afternoon game and perfect time for an extended homestand! Let the excitement build on itself in front of the fans as this team's win streak grows to 13.. 14.. 15

Our best player had his worst game of the year, we were outrebounded by 20, and we couldn't make threes; the result? Double digit win againt hottest team in the east. Not bad for these one-trick pony Hawks.

The Hawks played themselves today? questions.gif

• Like 3

We need games like these where the defense wins is the game when the offense struggles. As long as the defense holds they'll ALWAYS be in games with a chance to win.

We can't score, so neither can you. That's the mentality.

Awesome quote from Coach Bud...

Budenholzer said before the game he puts no limit on Korver's 3-point attempts. Korver leads the NBA with his 53.6 percent shooting on 3s. He made three of six 3s against Detroit.

"Kyle can shoot whenever he wants," Budenholzer said. "Kyle can shoot coming out of the locker room."

• Like 2