• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Worried about Pero

CBAreject

I think there are two reasons he doesn't get the Josh treatment.

1) Pero, at times, does look really good shooting the ball. I think teams are afraid of leaving him open and allowing him to find that groove. Josh looks bad even when they go in.

2) Pero can't really do anything else. I get nervous when the seas part and it seems impossible for him to miss inside the paint, because he's missed that shot before. Josh can put you on a poster if you send your PF out to check him and he's a better playmaker. 

• Like 1

Left corner 3: 2 for 9

Right corner 3: 0 for 14

All other 3s: 33-94 35%  (including his dismal february so far)

Well of course you can justify guarding him on the perimeter if you remove 20% of this 3 point attempts so far this season.  Right at 30% is still not good - on top of 37% from the field overall.

I hope he hits his 3's as much as the next guy, I'm just befuddled as to why so many guys play him out there and then bite on his 3 point fake.  I think @High5 may be onto something.  His form does look good and he is pretty much useless on the dribble unless he can draw a foul.

• Premium Member

I understand that he does so many little things and those certainly do help us. My problem with Pero is when he gives us absolutely no scoring. When he is missing easy shots around the rim or missing wide open threes. We don't need him to be an offensive juggernaut by any means but can you please just hit a couple wide open looks? 

• Like 2

I understand that he does so many little things and those certainly do help us. My problem with Pero is when he gives us absolutely no scoring. When he is missing easy shots around the rim or missing wide open threes. We don't need him to be an offensive juggernaut by any means but can you please just hit a couple wide open looks? 

All or you defending Pero's play should look at this.

• 2 weeks later...

His play lately is troubling, but he's still my dude and I'm never too concerned about the offense. It does seem like now teams are more conscious of capitalizing off his mistakes because he's always the weakest link.

I suggest those who hate Pero tune in to Steve Holman when he's in the game, you'll definately hear the game called from your perspective. He does make you want the developmental plans of Moose and Edy accelerated or the dust brushed off Elton at times like these. We all know Bud loves the guy and probably just holding his breath for when he hits his hot streak like last December. I hope he doesn't turn blue soon.

Edited by benhillboy

If he shoots 30% from 3 in that series, we would've won.

True, but Sweet Lou didn't do us any favors either. Instead of lighting us up twice as a Raptor we could've used just one good performance out of 7 last year against the Pacers and we would've walked to the second round (and the Con. Final) just the same. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Yeah, that is wrong. The only way that Antić is an unrestricted free agent is if the Hawks do not tender him a qualifying offer of $1,562,500. There is no way that the Hawks do not tender him that. Any reasonable person would find that to be a salary that you could live with for Pero.

@hawksfanatic I know you are the guru, but I thought Pero was signed to a 2 year deal last year. The Hawks picked up his 2nd year option for this season, so wouldn't that make him a free agent this offseason?

• Premium Member

man Adreian  Payne looked good scoring that double double last night

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Haha, I keep trying to tell you guys that Bud loves him some Pero - for reasons that apparently most of you don't see.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/budenholzer-plans-to-stick-with-Antić/nkHxq/

Budenholzer plans to stick with Antić

3:04 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer has no plans to change his rotation in regard to Pero Antić.

The Hawks reserve center has struggled with his outside shot, particularly from 3-point range, this season. Antić has made 77 of 213 shots, including 35 of 122 from 3-point range (.287), and averaged 5.7 points and 3.0 rebounds per game. Last season, his first in the NBA, the Macedonia native made 123 of 294 shots, including 56 of 171 from 3-point range (.327), and averaged 7.0 points and 4.2 rebounds.

Budenholzer was asked about Antić’s struggles following practice Tuesday.

“It’s the same thing we’ve talked about since Pero got here,” Budenholzer said. “He does so many other things well. I do like it when he shoots it and it goes in. That would be preferable. I do think, (with) some people, there is too much emphasis put on him shooting – making, not making. When you look at his impact on the game and all kinds of different statistical things, he is a huge positive. We tell him to keep shooting. We believe in him and he’ll make shots.”