• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott Arrested?

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

May I offer a suggestion. I figure we ALL have our views about the politics of the drug war. But can we please draw a line, and discuss that in maybe another thread on another forum. I get it that the morality of it all is completely related, but the Hawks are a business and we are all consumers of their entertainment product, and so, where this forum is concerned, I feel... just my opinion... that's really the angle appropriate to this forum.

Edited by sturt

The drug war is one of the most damaging things to ever happen to this country.  Neither drug is harmful if you are smart about it. The majority of the damage caused by either drug is due to them being illegal unfortunately.  MDMA is known to work great with people suffering from PTSD and marijuana has an infinite amount of medicinal uses.

I agree largely, but this:

Is what MDMA does to most people who use is for recreation. Its party hardy, and the next day the body is zombiefied. All hormones that cause the feeling of happines are spend in one rush. The next day the body is spend completely. I've been around allot such people as in the vids and seen healthy young men die because of taking to much MDMA. In any case its severely straining the body and a person who has a shot at an NBA career should be as far away as possible from that drug. I'd be so openminded to somewhat understand cocaine, but not this dreck.

Well now we need a replacement for him and a SF ... Gotta be someone out there that can play some solid backup minutes

I still like the underwhelming but efficienct blue-collar option of James Johnson.  He can play the 3 or 4; he's currently buried on Toronto's bench.

Lmao at some of you making this out to be not a big deal. Where is the ethics at on this board? He was in possession of two illegal drugs , not to mention that the no big deal "ecstasy" causes the pores on your brain to bleed after consuming.

I get it the weed is no big deal , but its still illegal! Ecstacy is a huge deal and terribly awful for the body. Scott is a moron and should be cut immediately

I have to agree with this.  The NBA is soft on weed as we all know.  But MDNAs are a different story.  If he fails a drug test with MDNAs in his system, that could be his ass. 

As for the morality of the situation, I'm more disappointed that he was traveling with all of that stuff.  Sheer stupidity

• Like 2

<----- has spent the last 2 days shaking his head at this story and the responses.  Speeding is bad, tailgaiting while speeding is bad, marijuana is bad, MDMA is bad....all 4 together is even worse than announcing at your wedding reception that Melissa McCarthy is your dream girl for a threesome with your new wife. Can some of you please stop trying to justify any of this this?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Guys let's knock off the debate on the larger issue of drugs on this thread.  Feel free to kick off a thread on the political board on that.  Let's keep it focused on Scott on Homecourt.  We'll have some tolerance for commentary as it relates to Scott but let's not start debating the war on drugs or anything in the basketball forums.  Thanks!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I still like the underwhelming but efficienct blue-collar option of James Johnson.  He can play the 3 or 4; he's currently buried on Toronto's bench.

If we were to actually lose Scott, we're very limited in how we could replace him. As I understand it, we'd have to use Room MLE that we'd otherwise (seemingly) intended to use on an SF. And if you're going to make a trade, you either have to ship out one of the existing guys on the roster in exchange for someone to replace both Scott and another guy to replace on the roster the one you're giving up... or, you are limited to trading a draft pick for a minimum salaried vet.

So, as much as Scott may be considered expendable by some, you don't throw away a jar of peanut butter just because you've got better in the cupboard. Business and competitive standpoint, he's an asset, and it doesn't serve productivity well to be losing assets.

• Like 1

The part of this I find most astounding is that they got pulled over for following to close.  Where are these cops when some jerk is tailgating me?  It happens all the  time and I've never seen one tailgater pulled over.  Anyway, if there's no felonies involved in this stuff he may not be goin down after all.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Far be it for me to tell C-Viv how to do his job, but it seems for now to have evaded him to investigate how the NBA is reacting... are they having him tested?... do they have the authority to order him tested?.. has that happened?... is it expected to happen?... if it has happened, when should we anticipate those results will come out?... or at the very least, C-Viv, tweet that you're actively seeking answers... for now, it seems on the surface that you're letting the information come to you.

• Like 1

I would love to have James Johnson. It baffles me why he has such a hard time getting minutes on that dysfunctional Raptors squad. Don't think there's any chance we get him, though, regardless of what happens to Scott. 

• Like 1

I would love to have James Johnson. It baffles me why he has such a hard time getting minutes on that dysfunctional Raptors squad. Don't think there's any chance we get him, though, regardless of what happens to Scott.

Is he a free agent?

• Admin

If we were to actually lose Scott, we're very limited in how we could replace him. As I understand it, we'd have to use Room MLE that we'd otherwise (seemingly) intended to use on an SF. And if you're going to make a trade, you either have to ship out one of the existing guys on the roster in exchange for someone to replace both Scott and another guy to replace on the roster the one you're giving up... or, you are limited to trading a draft pick for a minimum salaried vet.

So, as much as Scott may be considered expendable by some, you don't throw away a jar of peanut butter just because you've got better in the cupboard. Business and competitive standpoint, he's an asset, and it doesn't serve productivity well to be losing assets.

tayshun prince is out there and would contribute as both a sf and some backup of minutes ... Also kostas papiwhutshisname is being released ... Vet min for prince and whatever we have left for paps and call it a day. Lineup set and no worries of summer league guys getting spots

tayshun prince is out there and would contribute as both a sf and some backup of minutes ... Also kostas papiwhutshisname is being released ... Vet min for prince and whatever we have left for paps and call it a day. Lineup set and no worries of summer league guys getting spots

Tayshaun is a great fit for us. We need to get him. Great D, and championship pedigree.