• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not sure if we were showcasing Teague or he just got fed up but 32,8 is great. Also, did Baze really grab 9 boards? Wow.

He also grabbed 10 boards against the Heat and 9 boards against the Pacers (both games he was our leading rebounder).

• Like 1

Rebounding was about the only thing Baze did well the last 2 games.

His shot has been off and it seems he had as many turnovers as rebounds, He's been out of control on offense.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rebounding was about the only thing Baze did well the last 2 games.

His shot has been off and it seems he had as many turnovers as rebounds, He's been out of control on offense.

His green light needs to be extinguished immediately.

4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Listening to Nique reminds me of a video game announcer. He has about 10 or so common sense lines that he constantly repeats every single game. "See like I said, if Horford  steps in to that mid-range area where he is so deadly, it helps with his confidence. Then he can step out to that three point line", "If Korver hits that first shot, watch out", "I think the Hawks need to settle down and run their offense and everything will be alright", and so on. It's pretty funny though when he can't get a players name right. My favorite of the year is when he called Kelly Olynyk Kelly Oh-Lick-It.

His new thing this season is pointing out how the other team could be beating us a lot worse, but they haven't been able to take advantage of our garbage play. 

• Like 4

vor 4 Stunden, cam1218 sagte:

Listening to Nique reminds me of a video game announcer. He has about 10 or so common sense lines that he constantly repeats every single game. "See like I said, if Horford  steps in to that mid-range area where he is so deadly, it helps with his confidence. Then he can step out to that three point line", "If Korver hits that first shot, watch out", "I think the Hawks need to settle down and run their offense and everything will be alright", and so on. It's pretty funny though when he can't get a players name right. My favorite of the year is when he called Kelly Olynyk Kelly Oh-Lick-It.

He's doing the common sense lines because he isnt good at it but wants the pay-check. He's doing the wrong naming on purpose, because it is his way of adding a bit of his own flavour to the common sense lines.  He really is that corny. But I think its funny.

• Premium Member
On 2/2/2016 at 10:36 PM, Lurker said:

41.7% of it was the three ball with Teague, and someone did say that they were not respecting his jumper, exactly what I was saying elsewhere. Either one of the PGs finds a jumper, or both of them go bye bye.

He has a decent three point shot, even around 35% is fine, and yet people don't respect it. Why? He doesn't make people respect it.

Not to mention that Barea is maybe 5'10"...maybe.

Exactly.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, High5 said:

His new thing this season is pointing out how the other team could be beating us a lot worse, but they haven't been able to take advantage of our garbage play. 

I'm ok with Nique because he's Nique.    The new thing he does that bugs me is when he says that he was instructing a player before the game on how to play.   Maybe he was but i'm not sure how much that would be welcomed by the player or the coaching staff. 

Honestly though I don't think he does this for the paycheck.  He just wants to be close to the game because this is what he loves.  So I can live with that.   The way we shipped him out of here as a player has cursed this franchise so if he wants to do trampoline dunks at halftime and sing the national anthem then I'm good with that.  

23 hours ago, cam1218 said:

He's also like the WWE broadcasters.