Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Bud said it a billion times, we didnt play hard enough aggressive enough etc in first half,  we battled though and so did they that was hard fought game, i was very pissed, but fukem I want Cavs in the second round and just beat them to death and then they can deal with Mia in the finals and Hassan can shit on THompson and bron

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

EVERY game that Lebron plays, the other team gets screwed. From his elbowing people to drive between them, to running over people, to his signature crab walk. On his go ahead jumper against the Hawks late last night,  he skipped, hopped, jumped, then settled, into a short jump shot. Referee right there and didtn say a thing. Thats why i never liked Lebron. He is the most uncordinated basketball player i ever seen and they FORCE him on fans as if he is a basketball King.  If the referees called the appropriate calls on James, he would be a bench player. Yes, i said that.

Examples of his crabwalk, referees standing there with instructions from league office to not blow a whistle:

LeTravel-1.gif

lebron-james-travel.gif

lebron-james-travel-nba-finals.gif

travel.gif

I have to agree with this...Lebron walks all of the time!  I wish that I could pull up a couple of videos from last night's game where it was blatant...Took like 5 steps one time!

• Like 2

Things I learned while watching....

1.Bazemore will be the person that determines how far we go in the postseason. He's the heart of the team and it showed last night with him laying out like he was. Especially defensively. 

2.Gotta calm down in clutch situations. This game should've been won in the last possession in the 4th because Al Horford was WIDE OPEN. All Jeff had to do was make a measly pass over there once they came with a double team.

3.Dennis might've been off but he IMO is the player that wants the ball in clutch situations. He has the mystique about him. 

4.I want Cleveland as early as possible in the postseason because what I seen tonight we can beat that team. THABO put the clamps on Lebron late and if everyone stays healthy we can beat them. 

5.Screw the refs.

• Like 1

There are four teams in the East I know the Hawks can beat in a playoff series, and this is not one of them ultimately but there is a blueprint to making it a six game series, it's Teague matching or outplaying Irving. If Miami stays in 4/5 though we aren't going to see this series happen unless Atlanta has something hidden up their sleeves for Miami.

Let's try not to make the referee excuse.  It isn't a problem when the Warriors or Spurs make a mess out of the Cavs.  They account for poor refereeing and play accordingly.  

Cavs and the Raps are clearly just better than the Hawks.  I'm wondering if Boston is too.  

Kyle and Baze, while great guys and amazingly hard workers, wouldn't even be considered to start for any of the above teams.  Their wide-ranging lack of skills has contending teams licking their chops.  They can make plays and key runs here and there, but over 30 or so minutes they hurt the team so much.  Al is bad enough at getting to the line, Kyle never goes and when he does he's shooting only .830, contributing to by far his worst eFG as a Hawk.  A majority of the league knows Baze is best suited as a great backup.

I enjoyed the trademark fight to get back in the game, but with a sufficient sample size versus the top teams we can't reasonably expect the Hawks to beat Cleveland or Toronto coming up.  Can't shit the bed versus Boston though.  Le Go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Let's try not to make the referee excuse.  It isn't a problem when the Warriors or Spurs make a mess out of the Cavs.  They account for poor refereeing and play accordingly.  

Cavs and the Raps are clearly just better than the Hawks.  I'm wondering if Boston is too.  

Kyle and Baze, while great guys and amazingly hard workers, wouldn't even be considered to start for any of the above teams.  Their wide-ranging lack of skills has contending teams licking their chops.  They can make plays and key runs here and there, but over 30 or so minutes they hurt the team so much.  Al is bad enough at getting to the line, Kyle never goes and when he does he's shooting only .830, contributing to by far his worst eFG as a Hawk.  A majority of the league knows Baze is best suited as a great backup.

I enjoyed the trademark fight to get back in the game, but with a sufficient sample size versus the top teams we can't reasonably expect the Hawks to beat Cleveland or Toronto coming up.  Can't shit the bed versus Boston though.  Le Go.

I think a lot of teams see Bazemore as a starter now. Considering what the market rate for him, it's unquestionable at this point. 

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I have to agree with this...Lebron walks all of the time!  I wish that I could pull up a couple of videos from last night's game where it was blatant...Took like 5 steps one time!

Its harder to pull up tape of him NOT walking.......lmao.   Thats why i cant stand the NBA.  Its ALWAYS been a traveling circus.  The NBA does stuff that makes the NFL blush, and anyone who doesnt know that the NFL is fixed is  stupid AND ignorant.

Honestly, i BARELY watch the NBA, and that includes the Hawks.  I already know that Hawks ownership is in on the fix and could care less about a championship. That crap is decided at league level, along with WHERE the superstars play ball. 

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think a lot of teams see Bazemore as a starter now. Considering what the market rate for him, it's unquestionable at this point. 

Bazemore is a product of the Hawks system. He can GO.  Hawks would be foolish to resign him at the bloated market price he gonna get.

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People have said he's blown it over the last few months and may have to take MLE and prove himself again on another contract.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

People have said he's blown it over the last few months and may have to take MLE and prove himself again on another contract.

Where? That hasn't been shared by anyone outside of this forum. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Where? That hasn't been shared by anyone outside of this forum.

It's not a legit source so you won't care. Someone just said that with the way he's played he's likely lost millions of dollars on his next contract on a fantasy forum. Lowe even said that not all league sources buy it with him before he cooled off. He says his next contract is projected from 10-12 million to MLE to who knows?

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

NBA says there was an unusually high 9 incorrect non-calls in the game .  Supposedly 5 benefitted the Hawks.  

Haha Lon Kruger.

If you would have told me that a team in the final 4 would lose by 44 points and Lon was 1/4 coaches, I would have said it was his team without hesitation.