• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics GAME 3

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Sap has been absolutely awful offensively this series. This has been hard to watch. Missing lay ups, cant make dunks,  or just throwing up weak stuff

Couldn't post up Smart in the previous game and couldn't dunk on Thomas this game. . Pathetic performance from our 3 time all star

At some point one would hope that Bud sees that this dude aint got it and stops trying to force him the ball because it aint working man

They played an awful first half but still did enough to win but   with our  luck our 2 starting bigs decided  not to show up

If Al and Sap were just decent, not great, not good, but just decent, The Hawks win this one.

Sap really couldn't dunk on a 5'9 pg. Unbelievable

And will Bud please stop putting 4 bench guys in at once

Bud could have a team of 5 all stars and he would figure out a way to give all 5 at least a full quarter or more on the bench.

Another note on this game but the reviews for flagrants on both ends were just ridiculous, I mean c'mon. There was four flagrants called off of reviews, maybe one was legit and there was one that was missed and Thomas actually could be suspended for it (a punching foul).

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Another note on this game but the reviews for flagrants on both ends were just ridiculous, I mean c'mon. There was four flagrants called off of reviews, maybe one was legit and there was one that was missed and Thomas actually could be suspended for it (a punching foul).

The refs were completely terrible. The Celtics came out with the mindset to ambush Dennis and they basically got away with it.

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I doub't even 1 of these would be a flagrant foul in the late 80's when Nique played Boston in playoffs.  NBA officials nowdays are true cowards.

Edited by Trout7

40 minutes ago, High5 said:

I commented after that 31/16 game that Millsap looked completely exhausted and he hasn't looked right since. I don't know if it's fatigue or an injury but he's not playing at 100%.

Nah, he just doesn't look confident to me.  Paul is the type to play hard no matter what. I'm sure even he would be the last one to make an excuse for not showing up.

• Moderators
Just now, High5 said:

What did he say?

Some truthiness about how he got smacked in the face and nothing was done about it (complete with a pic of the IT slap). Which, if you're winning games by 19 wouldn't be made into such a big deal. But in his case, it becomes a nice bottle of Sour Grape Whine for the Celtics to inebriate themselves with, going into Game 4. And an unnecessary piece of online flypaper for Celtics fans to direct their ire. Thankfully somebody deleted it, but the point of maturity, and thinking team-first, is not posting it in the first place.

Within maybe minutes of his pressing Send, the NBATV crew posted a screenshot of it for panel discussion. #DontPressSend

~lw3

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Will someone please tell Dennis or whoever his ghostwriter fam is to get the heck off Instagram?

~lw3

My thoughts exactly when I saw it. Keep Dennis off social media in general. He needs to chill out. I'm fairly confident that Al and Sap won't score 8 points each again and Thomas won't break 40. Having said that, we need to be professionals and come out and play Hawks ball on Sunday and stop worrying about the refs and the flagrant foul nonsense. Be smart and execute and we can end this in 5.

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Just saw that no-so-Smart flop. Priceless! Somebody get Vince McMahon stat!

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/04/marcus-smart-flop-best-vine

~lw3

i remember seeing this flop, he even acted like he was hurt lying on the floor lol.. but yeah im still frustrated about the calls refs made

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden, Trout7 sagte:

It is beyond my comprehension how a player like Paul Milsap cannot contribute any offense in playoff games. Just a little scoring from him and Horford would have won this game easily.  Any time you make a comment like this on here someone will just say something like " oh they just concentrated and game planned for it.

Boston bullied Sap with Jerebko & Co all game long and so Dennis had to step up to take what the defense gives. And when he does that job, its whining and complaining when tough things dont work out all the time. Maybe the high usage isnt always a Dennis ego thing, but a thing of having not that many options.

For all of you saying Jeff Teague and Schröder had good games I disagree. All they did was score which is not the primary function of the PG position. 7 assist combined for our dynamic duo, Al  almost out assisted them in half the minutes. 

They weren't controlling the tempo of the game and AL and Millsap were going 5 sometimes 7 minutes between shots. They let the Celtics dictate who  was  going to get shots for us and our pace.

In games  1 and two we had double  digit fast break points because we played with tempo. Tonight we walked up everything. However, it's  hard to run when your guards are giving up so much dribble penetration, leading to scrambling and wide open shots for scrubs like Rozier, Jerebko, Crowder. Defense leads to fast breaks. This also lead to their increase in offensive rebounding which we didn't allow in the first two games. When everyone's scrambling on D they're not in position to rebound. 

If Teague and Schröder can't keep the Thomas out of the pain't without tons of help, than  Kyrie  is going to kill us. That series  could be really short.

Edited by ATLien_

Boston packed the paint. Horf and Sap suffered from that. PG's created allot of missed 3's for others, of which most where "good shots". Both having to do with Boston's gameplan. Its just that Muscala, Bazemore, Thabo or also Dennis are not all that good from there. At least Korver hit a couple...could have used more Korver, but he had fould trouble early.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Boston bullied Sap with Jerebko & Co all game long and so Dennis had to step up to take what the defense gives. And when he does that job, its whining and complaining when tough things dont work out all the time. Maybe the high usage isnt always a Dennis ego thing, but a thing of having not that many options.

Paul Millsap should not be bullied by the players you are talking about.  That stuff is normal to have to face in an NBA game.  He just clams up in playoff games.

• Like 1

Where this game was lost was not being ready for Thomas off ball on offense for some reason FWIW. Teague is a respectable PNR defender but if he has to defend players that are playing off the ball he’s horrible at it.

He can’t start the next game on Thomas assuming he plays. Bazemore has some issues with off ball defense too but he isn’t dreadful like Teague is.

3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

For all of you saying Jeff Teague and Schröder had good games I disagree. All they did was score which is not the primary function of the PG position. 7 assist combined for our dynamic duo, Al  almost out assisted them in half the minutes.

From another forum...

Teague and Schröder didn't play make tonight and it was totally not their fault. Millsap and Horford spent the night setting weak screens and halfassedly rolling or popping. The guards had no lanes because those two were so indecisive that the passing lanes closed up.