Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics GAME 3

lethalweapon3

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

From another forum...

I don't disagree with this. The offense wasn't  run like it was in Atlanta and there's plenty of blame to go around, but  at the end of the day Dennis and Teague are supposed to be the floor generals. If the bigs aren't running the screens and picks right get in that a$$. Open your mouth, demand excellence and lead. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I don't disagree with this. The offense wasn't  run like it was in Atlanta and there's plenty of blame to go around, but  at the end of the day Dennis and Teague are supposed to be the floor generals. If the bigs aren't running the screens and picks right get in that a$$. Open your mouth, demand excellence and lead. 

Ideally, yes.

Teague just doesn't have that vocal leadership ability though.  There are other ways to get on your teammates, but generally using your vocal cords is the best way.

If I am PayPal or anyone else and Dennis says something to me, I am laughing in his face.  How he carries himself on the court is not how a leader does.  

Do you trade Dennis in the off season. Hawks draft 21st won't get much there. A point guard should be setting up players to make them better . This should be the no1 ability of a point guard. Dennis has alot of maturity issues understandably but even at this early stage I don't think he'll change. He is to much a one on one player instead of a distributor. Yes the point guard should score but last night's game was just a reminder Dennis doesn't seem to have the traits to be an outstanding point guard.

Edited by thescout5
  • Like 1

vor 5 Stunden, Alex sagte:

Ideally, yes.

Teague just doesn't have that vocal leadership ability though.  There are other ways to get on your teammates, but generally using your vocal cords is the best way.

If I am PayPal or anyone else and Dennis says something to me, I am laughing in his face.  How he carries himself on the court is not how a leader does.  

I think those traditional floor generals, who carry themselves well on the court all the time, wear a suit and tie when visiting grandma every sunday,  are a thing of yesterday. I have a hard time thinking of someone like that today. Its a different game today. More perimeter oriented. Away from dominant bigs and iso wings. PG's have less time to operate. All star-PG's are scorers today. All of them are cocky and in a sense need to be in that zone to play this game of confidence.

OK there is Chris Paul, but where are his rings after all these years and the Clippers suck despite being loaded with talented year after year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

OK there is Chris Paul, but where are his rings after all these years and the Clippers suck despite being loaded with talented year after year.

Other than Stephen  Curry where's any Pg's ring? I can't think of a score first PG that's one won in the recent history other than Steph. Hell Kyrie is supposed to be a superstar and couldn't even make it to the playoffs before Lebron. John Wall  just missed the playoffs. I wouldn't be crapping on Chris Paul's  lack of rings. He's done alot more with less. The rings have been going to the Spurs and the Lebron. Tony Parker gets his team  involved and so does Lebron. Chauncey , Derek Fisher and Zeke floor generals. These new school guards  haven't won squat. Westbrook has the second best player in the game and can't even win a ship. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I think those traditional floor generals, who carry themselves well on the court all the time, wear a suit and tie when visiting grandma every sunday,  are a thing of yesterday. I have a hard time thinking of someone like that today. Its a different game today. More perimeter oriented. Away from dominant bigs and iso wings. PG's have less time to operate. All star-PG's are scorers today. All of them are cocky and in a sense need to be in that zone to play this game of confidence.

Dude.... Chris Paul's lack of rings has very little to do with Chris Paul and everything to do with his lackluster teams. Do you understand what the Clippers were before he got there? He has carried them from a team that has made the playoffs less then five times in their entire history to perennial top four seed.  Outside of Steph Curry there isn't a single guard that even reaches Paul's ankles in terms of importance so let's not dog on one of the top five PGs that has ever played the game of basketball over nonsense like not having "won" a championships, which is 100% a team accomplishment, not an individual one. I guess Charles Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Stockton were crap too? Chris Paul is one of the few players in the league today that can single handedly make your entire team better and make it relevant. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2016 at 2:58 AM, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

i remember seeing this flop, he even acted like he was hurt lying on the floor lol.. but yeah im still frustrated about the calls refs made

I bet that is embarrasing to Smart when he sees that replay and realizes what an absolute idiot he looks like.

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

I bet that is embarrasing to Smart when he sees that replay and realizes what an absolute idiot he looks like.

He once "attacked" (OK pushed) a Texas Tech fan and his hair makes him look like a fruity Simon Phoenix (y'all like that reference @kg01 and @Spud2Nique ?).

I sincerely doubt he has the capability to feel embarrassment.

But watching what a drama queen Marcus Not-So-Smart is really makes me rethink that whole Texas Tech incident. He was playing a shitty game, they were losing, and he claims that fan dropped an n-bomb on him? OK.

12 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

He once "attacked" (OK pushed) a Texas Tech fan and his hair makes him look like a fruity Simon Phoenix (y'all like that reference @kg01 and @Spud2Nique ?).

I sincerely doubt he has the capability to feel embarrassment.

But watching what a drama queen Marcus Not-So-Smart is really makes me rethink that whole Texas Tech incident. He was playing a shitty game, they were losing, and he claims that fan dropped an n-bomb on him? OK.

The original Simon Phoenix was Dennis Rodman. Marcus smart and Jared Sullinger are fat rooster lookin clowns. Lol. I still like the reference though that's pretty bad a$$.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

The original Simon Phoenix was Dennis Rodman. Marcus smart and Jared Sullinger are fat rooster lookin clowns. Lol. I still like the reference though that's pretty bad a$$.

Big question is, how many Halloweens did @kg01dress up as Simon? All of his freshman year at Tech?

"Hey guys, it's all part of the hazing for Phi Sugga Guy!"

1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

Big question is, how many Halloweens did @kg01dress up as Simon? All of his freshman year at Tech?

"Hey guys, it's all part of the hazing for Phi Sugga Guy!"

Over/under 1.5 Halloweens? Lol

My mind is on gambling today. Hawks are a +2 for the game today and I'm about to make Vegas pay through the nose. I think I'm going Hawks ML at (+110). The only thing making me hesitate is the crooked refs and league, otherwise today is an NC in our favor. Only the league can hold us back. (Well we can hold us back too but I think we come out focused and determined to bury these rat bastards). 

BTW @kg01 Simon Halloween prop just went up to over/under 2.5 :-|

Im guessing he dressed up as the scream scary face villain dude a few Halloweens as well, mainly to cover his mug. My bad. Lol

Don't really care that Thomas wasn't suspended (although he should be if you're following precedent set by the NBA rules, if you don't, change them). Make the necessary adjustments for when he plays off the ball (Teague doesn't guard him then) and be more physical with guys that are setting picks for him. Most of all, don't come out with another slow start that says you're satisfied with just winning at home.

• Like 1