• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf to Boston

NBASupes

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No doubt in my mind, sooner or later SAP, Horford, or D12 would have to go. No team can pay out 70 million a year to man their PF and Center positions. That makes zero business sense. Horford just got it done for us sooner and he did not let us choose who would go. Such is UFA.

With D12 and SAP we will still have one of the best rebounding front lines in the NBA. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Schröder has the keys and that is exactly what Bud chose. We have two rookie wing players and Bazemore; which is what Bud chose.

Some people act like losing Al is the end of the world. He only averaged 15.2 and 7.3 last season and the season before 15.2 and 7.2. We are replacing him with a player who averaged 13.7 and 11.8 last season. The sky is far from falling in the Atl!

I won't miss Al personally, but the way he ended it left us undermanned and capped out.

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Per http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/, they have 78 million in active contracts and 21 million in cap holds. They'll need to clear 5.335 million of those holds to do this deal with Al. or opt not to pick up the contract of Amir Johnson. They'll have to do some juggling to get this deal with Al done, so no they can't just sign KD.

Good.

EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE.

Hawks have no cap space.  Before Al up and left for Boston, we were offering him mega $$$

and now, without doing anything, we're capped out.

Bazemore  got a huge raise.  Hawksquawk  members feel he has been vastly over paid.  Yet, other

teams were offering as much or more than we paid.

Is he as bad as some here think or is he as good as his contract would have us believe.....

Oh, well.  It ain't over until it's over and it ain't over yet. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We aren't capped out.

Howard at 22.4

Sap at 20

Baze at 16

Splitter at 8.3

Korver at 5.24

Thabo at 4

Scott at 3.33

Dennis at 2.7

THj at 2.3

Moose 1

Edy at 1

patterson .875

Bembry 1.2

Prince 1.9

Total - 90.245 (ish)

Scott is going to get waived which clears up 3.33.  This means we have 7 million to sign 1 player and the MLE to sign the 15th.

If we salary dump Splitter, we'll have 16.5 millIion to sign a player. + the MLE and BAE.

If we salary dump splitter and thabo we'd have 20 million to sign 1 player, + one on the MLE, one BAE and one vet min.

Its all doable.

@thecampster I didn't think we could use the MLE  since we can't exceed the cap. Maybe the LLE.

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I won't miss Al personally, but the way he ended it left us undermanned and capped out.

There is some real solid reasoning behind signing D12. 1st We needed to improve our rebounding, 2nd though Horford and SAP put up pretty good numbers, neither is a defensive post force. Bron, Irving, and even JR Smith driving to the basket at will had to end.

One of Milsap or Horford had to go sooner or later; it was never a matter of if, it has always been a matter of when and how. Its done, time to move on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nitte said:

There is a  chance that Durant may have told Horford that he intends to sign with the Celtics, which may have changed Horford's mind.

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE.

Hawks have no cap space.  Before Al up and left for Boston, we were offering him mega $$$

and now, without doing anything, we're capped out.

Bazemore  got a huge raise.  Hawksquawk  members feel he has been vastly over paid.  Yet, other

teams were offering as much or more than we paid.

Is he as bad as some here think or is he as good as his contract would have us believe.....

Oh, well.  It ain't over until it's over and it ain't over yet. 

The Mavericks are set to max out Harrison Barnes; statistically speaking that will make the Bazemore deal look like a 1/2 price sale.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There is some real solid reasoning behind signing D12. 1st We needed to improve our rebounding, 2nd though Horford and SAP put up pretty good numbers, neither is a defensive post force. Bron, Irving, and even JR Smith driving to the basket at will had to end.

One of Milsap or Horford had to go sooner or later; it was never a matter of if, it has always been a matter of when and how. Its done, time to move on.

I don't care that he left, I'm just angry that messed up our cap situation with little room to improve now.

2 minutes ago, nitte said:

He will have his assurance if Durant commits long term to Boston. I still think it is a long shot though.

Sounds like they will have to work out a sign and trade to get Durant.  If I'm OKC I'd say "no thanks" to accepting Boston's garbage in exchange for a superstar.

Just now, Watchman said:

I don't care that he left, I'm just angry that messed up our cap situation with little room to improve now.

Be mad at Al then; nothing we or anyone else can do about it.  Boston obviously did not want to move any good assets in a SNT or they would have. Al signed, its his choice.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Be mad at Al then; nothing we or anyone else can do about it.  Boston obviously did not want to move any good assets in a SNT or they would have. Al signed, its his choice.

Oh my anger is directed straight toward Alice.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1