• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interest in 2016 Dynasty Draft?

AHF

@AHF Are we doing a lottery again to see who picks where? Last year I got the 8th pick...hoping to land a top 5 pick this year...:-)

Man, I can't wait to get it going!!!! Last year I made my squad on 2k and played against several other squawk dynasty teams. Really fun stuff. @ViewsFromTheSquawk Ur gonna love doing that!!

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

@AHF Are we doing a lottery again to see who picks where? Last year I got the 8th pick...hoping to land a top 5 pick this year...:-)

Man, I can't wait to get it going!!!! Last year I made my squad on 2k and played against several other squawk dynasty teams. Really fun stuff. @ViewsFromTheSquawk Ur gonna love doing that!!

You dang right! I'll start a online league an we can really get competitive with everyone who has a PS4 

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

You dang right! I'll start a online league an we can really get competitive with everyone who has a PS4 

Awesome idea! I'm down! Wait, can we play our dynasty teams against each other online? Or is it just the regular 2k rosters?

21 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Awesome idea! I'm down! Wait, can we play our dynasty teams against each other online? Or is it just the regular 2k rosters?

Although, i have a PS4, I don't have 2k16 , but it would be interesting if someone simulated the season with everyone's dynasty rosters , to see who would win the NBA finals. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I think we should change coach choice to active coaches and maybe assistants ... Like Coach K always gets picked ... He will never coach in The NBA 

I forgot could be do past NBA coaches who no longer coach? 

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I forgot could be do past NBA coaches who no longer coach? 

We did that in the past so you could take 2016 Phil Jackson or Coach K, etc.  I'm fine either way.  Speak up if you want it changed to current NBA coaches.

23 hours ago, AHF said:

We've done that in the past using win share metrics.  I just think the less reliable method you use the less fun it is because the less it means.  I agree on multiple positions - you just then open up the debate of how many points Dennis and Teague are going to give up defensively if they are playing big minutes together.

I was having a hard time figuring why you were so concerned with minutes and it hit me. You want it to be about 82 games and that times so many minutes per game in the season; then limit the players to those minutes for your team and do the math. Like you said, a simple spreadsheet will do that all day long.

I just want to know who drafted the best players overall but make everyone declare a traditional starting five for the best eight. And also do a best 13 for shits and giggles. I think the only way to half way do that is to use a overall fantasy scoring system based on the whole season that each player had.

We could do it both ways for sure!

• Admin
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

We did that in the past so you could take 2016 Phil Jackson or Coach K, etc.  I'm fine either way.  Speak up if you want it changed to current NBA coaches.

I think it adds an interesting wrinkle to the coach pick as u might want to choose your coach earlier as u don't want to be left with a crappy coach if we save it for just current coaches ... It makes you change your strategy instead of waiting for last pick and taking a Jerry Sloan ... Instead you have to take that into consideration when doing your picks

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I think it adds an interesting wrinkle to the coach pick as u might want to choose your coach earlier as u don't want to be left with a crappy coach if we save it for just current coaches ... It makes you change your strategy instead of waiting for last pick and taking a Jerry Sloan ... Instead you have to take that into consideration when doing your picks

I like the idea of it having to be a current NBA coach.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We are currently looking at changing the coaching criteria to limit your pick to coaches currently employed as coaches in the NBA (assistant or head coaches).  Opine if you want a variation on that.

We are looking at a 16 team setup so I'm sending out the list to generate a random draft order.  Be prepared to start tomorrow!

@AHF

@JayBirdHawk

@lethalweapon3

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@Buzzard

@TheFuzz

@ATLHawks3

@Diesel

@Spud2Nique

@ViewsFromTheSquawk

@Alex

@capstone21

@pimp

@IheartVolt

@LucastheThird

@HopefulHawksFan/ @ThomasCredle

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I approve the coaching change.

Oh you do do you? The Queen has spoken, no coach from the past shall coach...lol jk I do too...

Oh and Jaybird, I know what type of talent you like in the dynasty draft and I just have to sing a song...

Never gonna get it neverrrrrr gonna get it never gonna get it...oh woah woah wooooooooaaahhhhh...:-|

4 hours ago, pimp said:

Although, i have a PS4, I don't have 2k16 , but it would be interesting if someone simulated the season with everyone's dynasty rosters , to see who would win the NBA finals. 

I know just the guy.  

• Like 1