FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Looks like we've got ourselves a new center!?!... hehe

2016-10-06_2132.png

Although he got blocked, this shows he draws attention. I'm sure if Millsap was healthy, he could pass it out to him.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JTB said:

DAMN! Howard has 4 personal fouls in the first half?....wish i could see whats going on. smh

on the bright side he has 7 rebounds so far....3 offensively 

It's preseason for the refs too.  They typically will swallow a lot of those whistles later on.

........Or they'll just say it's the Hawks and call a foul anytime Dwight lifts his arms.

Edy's performance is a really good thing because we know Tiago will miss time here and there so it looks like it won't be just Humph filling those minutes when he does get hurt. Preseason or not this a great sign and maybe he will actually be around a decade or so. 

• Like 1

Taking a look at Hawks' depth (without knowing who will be cut loose):

Shredder/Del/Jack/Bembry

3zus/THJr/Blaze/Bembry

Blaze/Thabo/3zus/Prince/Bembry/Sap

Sap/Scott/Humph/Moose/Prince

D8/Splitter/Edy/Humph/Moose/Sap

Depth, and tenacious D, will take you places...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Stray thoughts...

1. I could be wrong, but I think Prince can claw his way into the rotation if he can show himself a defensive asset.

2. I've maintained all along that Moose can deliver a lot of what Zaza did for us, minus a couple of rebounds, but plus a couple of points... I think I'm seeing that play out. Clearly, at the least, Budcox is showcasing Moose for a trade, or at most, actually planning to use him extensively based on a suspicion that Scott won't be on the roster.

3. Edy moving without the ball. Edy with that silky touch in the post. This really could be something special to behold, and as said above, lessens the impact of any time Splitter has to miss.

4. Ryan Kelly, imo, is capable of consistently generating stretch-4 offense for us off the bench. Hard pressed to see how he wedges his way onto the 15-man short of some trade that opens up a spot, though.

5. To @AHF's question, I saw that C-Viv indicated in a tweet that Bud was holding back a few of the 20 from PT, but that those would get time on Saturday night in SA.

• Like 1