• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BS article on yahoo.

Vol4ever

He can do things but one thing he can't do is score in the post. He's a great passing big man and good at perimeter defense for a big. Perimeter defense matters more for the Hawks than Boston, as the perimeter defense is needed to cover up Kyle while Bradley and Crowder are great defenders and don't need as much help.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

SI also posted an article today stating that Bud "has a strong aversion to low-post play".  I guess none of us knew anything,  Bud has stifled a low post star all these years in favor of promoting his "system".

That sounds correct.  He doesn't like the post and avoids it (i.e., he has a strong aversion to low-post play).

• Like 2

Sigh!!! This again? - low post and Al Horford should never be in the same sentence.

The previous article was about Al in the low post creating double teams to create open shots for the perimeter guys.

One idiot mentions Al as a post player and the rest follow like sheep off a cliff.Smdh.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh!!! This again? - low post and Al Horford should never be in the same sentence.

The previous article was about Al in the low post creating double teams to create open shots for the perimeter guys.

One idiot mentions Al as a post player and the rest follow like sheep off a cliff.Smdh.

I'd rather see Timmy jr. post up like the other night more than Karl Horford. Lol

32 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Well he's in for a rude awakening. it's only a matter of time before they witness Horford's signature bricks in the lowpost

Or him getting rooted out by 2-guards?  Or his pivoting out of prime post position to jab-step his man into the Bolivian (#ThanksMikeTyson)?  Or witness his "post moovs" which consist of pounding the ball in, not backing down much and ending up getting muscled into a crap-hook off the wrong foot then whining for a foul.

12 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

BS on how Horf is a perfect fit  and a great low post player lol!!!!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-boston-views-al-horford-as-a-perfect-fit-151245674.html

He is a perfect fit for Boston. He'll have the same impact for them like he did for ATL 2 seasons ago. 

Dude chased the money though. Nearly signed with WAS. If he was all about winning he would have followed KD to GS. 

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Or him getting rooted out by 2-guards?  Or his pivoting out of prime post position to jab-step his man into the Bolivian (#ThanksMikeTyson)?  Or witness his "post moovs" which consist of pounding the ball in, not backing down much and ending up getting muscled into a crap-hook off the wrong foot then whining for a foul.

I take my hand off to you for the Tyson quote...:approved:

47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I still think we should of kept him. He's solid, hes a great mid range shooter, good passer, good rebounder, good defender, High BBIQ.  He's not Wilt Chamberlain or anything, but he is a good player. Everyone just wants to poo poo him now that he left. 

Can't keep someone who doesn't want to be here.  

He is a good player, he's a perfect player to add to that Boston team - he'll help their offense and defense...but a post player he is NOT - there is no disputing that.

Yeah, Horford has been rebounding a little better this preseason (last time I looked, something like 6 RPG in 16+MPG so far.)  We'll see if it carries over to the regular season.  If so, then that pretty much ought to signify to everyone that he has been dogging it trying to prevent injuries the last couple of seasons, and letting his team down in the process. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I still think we should of kept him. He's solid, hes a great mid range shooter, good passer, good rebounder, good defender, High BBIQ.  He's not Wilt Chamberlain or anything, but he is a good player. Everyone just wants to poo poo him now that he left. 

I agree with all that including that I want to poo poo him.    I love the guy actually and I won't ever boo him.   But for such a solid guy and great player he didn't handle his leaving with very much grace.   I really don't have much against him though.  It's really the media fawning all over him and the Celtics when they rarely said much at all about him while he was a hawk.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with all that including that I want to poo poo him.    I love the guy actually and I won't ever boo him.   But for such a solid guy and great player he didn't handle his leaving with very much grace.   I really don't have much against him though.  It's really the media fawning all over him and the Celtics when they rarely said much at all about him while he was a hawk.

Agreed.  He is still a very good player but he is the same guy he was here - an ideal fit as a #3 on a championship team.  But the narrative has changed to make it seem like he is this legit superstar #1 scorer now that he is in Boston.  That narrative both pisses people off here when we enjoyed his best work and he wasn't regarded like that and it is easy pickings for sniping.  Saying he is going to draw double teams in the post, that he will be one of the best rebounders in the league, that he is a true #1 scoring option for a contender, and that he is a true post scorer is just silly.  And everyone of those things have been said.

• Like 1