• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is your all time favorite Non-Nique Atlanta Hawk player?

Sothron

Who is your all time favorite non-Nique Hawk player?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to give my vote to DMC. He was only here for two seasons, but in those two seasons he worked tirelessly on his game and absolutely gave us everything he had. Great guy, great teammate. He stepped up in the playoffs when his All Star teammates faltered. He accepted the challenge of guarding LeBron James in a hopeless series with a bad knee and a big payday looming. He was all class when he left. I can't say a bad word about him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Snoop was a Philly guy (w/ the Hawks around the time I was contemplating moving here), and guys like him and Mario Elie that went through roundabout means to make it in to the league were intriguing to me.

~lw3

Oh nice...didn't know he was a Philly dude. I do remember super Mario Elie and Vincent Askew coming over to the Warriors and giving the Lakers a good scare in round 2 of the 91 playoffs. I mean LA won in 5 but I remember some nervous moments. Warriors had just knocked out the admiral, Sean Elliott and the Spurs. I was pissed about that. As you know, I've long been a Warrior hater lol.

Dennis should have been on that list too. Not that he achieved anything near those listed greats, but since there are some German squawkers around who only follow the Hawks because they drafted Dennis 2013 he is the obvious choice for them (even with in the list Nique because wie only know him as a sub par commentator)

So I voted "other"

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sothron said:

We all have several players that we love that played here but if you had to pick just one....who would it be? I'm going with Steve Smith. The man is class personified on the court and off the court. He was a terrific player for us and had probably the best backcourt in the NBA for the mid 90's with Mookie. A close second would be SAR who I felt never got the credit he deserved for how well he played here.

Willis. I love players that work.  Mookie with his defense is a very close second.

• Like 2

hard poll for me. I started watching the Hawks the season before getting Nique.

For my vote I went with Doc. Big PG who drove to the hoop. I just liked his game. I could have gone Willis, SAR, Smith, or Deke as well.

Most hated Hawk, that's easy: Rider. Good grief what was Babs thinking?

However, if you include non-players associated with w/ the Hawks. Number 1 for all time will be that rat-fink GM JR, Mike Gearon Jr. Second is Belkin (but can you really separate those idiots?)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, rd79 said:

Dennis should have been on that list too. Not that he achieved anything near those listed greats, but since there are some German squawkers around who only follow the Hawks because they drafted Dennis 2013 he is the obvious choice for them (even with in the list Nique because wie only know him as a sub par commentator)

So I voted "other"

If I had to do it over again I would have removed Josh Smith for Dennis for the international Hawks fans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Dan Roundfield

Remember when Roundfield and Drew gave the reigning champion Bullets a serious run for their money in the playoffs. Drew's fourth quarters were too much to overcome often in the playoffs though.Those two could put up lots of points and rebounds together and were fun to watch. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

Remember when Roundfield and Drew gave the reigning champion Bullets a serious run for their money in the playoffs. Drew's fourth quarters were too much to overcome often in the playoffs though.Those two could put up lots of points and rebounds together and were fun to watch. 

Drew was only 6-6 and a load down low.  I remember as a kid he was my favorite player.  Out of a small school, Gardner-Webb.  He lived on the free throw line.  

• Like 3