• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Prince needs to start. Let Korver come off the bench with Muske, since he can do some of the things Horford could. Move Baze to the two. If you wanna give Dwight the ball, I suggest the Orlando factor. ISO Dwight by putting everyone else on the three point line. Or at least try something different, cause teams are starting to figure the Hawks out already.        

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I think Bazemore will play better when he's allowed to play his real position which is at the 2.

I thought you were gonna say...on to the next one...lol

5 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I think Bazemore will play better when he's allowed to play his real position which is at the 2.

Same here...I really don't understand why korver is still a starter when he could really torch bench units with his skills. 

Korver doesn't need to be out there with the starters.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2016 at 9:49 AM, Lurker said:

You're close, but its not that. Its more Korver misses Horford the most on the team. Yes, more than Schröder. Horford was Korver's everything, his defensive abilities with aggressive trapping and blitzing of the PNR helped hide him on defense and his great screen setting helped get him free better in a half court setting. Korver-Howard together would have been better....about five years ago.

With Howard instead of Horford, Korver is looking even more washed up than last year, which had the injury. Korver's done as a half court scorer and player that has significant effect on a lot of things without a great screener so they should look for him in transition, but the starting lineup isn't even really trying to run much off stops.

If the Hawks aren't going to start trying to run more, they need to remove both Korver and Bazemore from the starting lineup.

This is actually the first game in which I think no Horford made a significant difference. Young and athletic centers are going to bother Howard a lot. Not to say that Horford wouldn't have also been bothered, but he at least could've pulled Gobert out from the rim. Howard does nothing to make Gobert uncomfortable.

Not saying its a winning or losing difference however but it wouldn't have been a major blowout. It would have probably been a 5-10 point loss.

I honestly believe Howard could and should have done a lot better . Gobert is good but he isn't that good to hold Dwight to less than double digit rebounds. Just like whiteside is younger and had more boards, Howard still got his fair share and a great amount in the heat game before getting injured.

had Howard controlled the boards in this jazz game or kept it close I believe it's a 3 or 5 point loss. 

Also I think you are on point with korver but I disagree about bazemore. Korver should go to the bench, he'd be extremely valuable off the bench and would work very well with moose. In fact I personally believe he will torch 2nd units!

Baze I believe is a better player with a true SF in the lineup and is way better at his natural position at SG. Prince I believe should start but with Thabo getting heavy minutes behind him or half the SF minutes. Baze is stressing way too much and not letting the game come to him but I think he will be alright.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JTB said:

I honestly believe Howard could and should have done a lot better . Gobert is good but he isn't that good to hold Dwight to less than double digit rebounds. Just like whiteside is younger and had more boards, Howard still got his fair share and a great amount in the heat game before getting injured.

had Howard controlled the boards in this jazz game or kept it close I believe it's a 3 or 5 point loss. 

Howard has not putting forth the same effort the last 5 or so games that he did at the beginning of the season.  He was a total no show against Utah.

3 hours ago, pimp said:

The game before that he had 23 points and 20 rebounds :hmm:
18 rebs vs the knicks and 18 rebs vs the hornets in the last 5 games.

Yeah, I guess not everyone sees the same thing when watching the Hawks. Putting up effort on the glass is definitely not the problem for us this year. Howard is really going to make a serious difference for us in the playoffs bringing what we were missing last season there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Same here...I really don't understand why korver is still a starter when he could really torch bench units with his skills. 

Korver doesn't need to be out there with the starters.

Korver off the bench makes the most sense.  Bazemore really is a good defender at the two, but not so much at the three.  Korver is not a good individual defender at any position.  A big part of the loses against the Hornets, Knicks and Jazz was their small forwards taking advantage of Bazemore and getting in a rhythm early.  In the Cavs and Pacers games, when Bazemore wasn't starting off at the three, it wasn't an issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Howard has not putting forth the same effort the last 5 or so games that he did at the beginning of the season.  He was a total no show against Utah.

Horseshite...

Starting Shredder/Blaze/freshPrince/Sap/D8 needs to happen ASAP. Dela/3zus-or-THJr (depending on matchup)/Thabo-or-3zus (depending on matchup)/Moose/Humph-or-Moose (depending on matchup) off the bench destroys every other bench. This is the adjustment.

Edited by hazer

19 minutes ago, hazer said:

Starting Shredder/Blaze/freshPrince/Sap/D8 needs to happen ASAP. Dela/3zus-or-THJr (depending on matchup)/Thabo-or-3zus (depending on matchup)/Moose/Humph-or-Moose (depending on matchup) off the bench destroys every other bench. This is the adjustment.

Or, upon further review, should Bud do:

Shredder/Dela

Blaze/THJr-or-3zus (matchup)

Thabo/freshPrince-or-3zus (matchup)

Sap/Moose-or-Humph (matchup)

D8/Humph-or-Moose (matchup)

Difference here being Thabo starting, although via more limited-than-normal starting minutes. I trust Bud to already be contemplating this obvious adjustment. Utah was hard to watch. 1-to-5 pick and roll MUST begin to become part of the strategy as well.