• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

This is why you had to choose between them.  Dennis isn't going to be this consistent all year.  Accept that now.  Know more rough games are ahead.  But he wasn't going to really grow beyond where he was playing behind Teague and you can't afford both of them.  So you had to make your pick and deal the other if a deal was out there that was better than 1 year of that player.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I just love that some posters are like "yeah he's been a little better lately" when they see the actual numbers. Dennis has put up All NBA PG numbers over this span.

Bud has taken a lot of heat for his rotations, some deservedly so, but Bud yanked Dennis for Delaney several times early in season.   I think Bud is keeping the heat on Dennis to improve.   I think that's why we jumped on Jarrett Jack and only cut him when it became apparent he wasn't playing anytime soon.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

He's growing which is nice to see and is something we should expect.  He was actually directing action last night which not only included getting his but also was directing the guy who set the pick when he ended up with a favorable matchup.  Set Sap up for quite a few easy post-ups.

Stinger commented that Bud didn't always call a play, he left it to Dennis to see what he would call.  Growth.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stinger commented that Bud didn't always call a play, he left it to Dennis to see what he would call.  Growth.

Stanger was really good last night.  Coupla Wally Pip's last night :Nique: :Baze:

Now lemme get outta here a'fore @TheNorthCydeRises sobers up.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hehehehe....

Yes...growth...

carry on..

Safely entrenched in 10th place in the east, Hawks decided it was OK to win

another game.  Look at the competition.  They are not great either.  They have

many, many players missing.

D8 was amazing!  Taking, and hitting, all those free throws!  WOW !

Perhaps Bud is finally forced to shuffle but he still will not allow Deandre Bembry

be a part of the rotation.  Wouldn't even let him on the floor for the final minute

or two of the game with the score already deciding the outcome.  Ah, well.  At least

Taurean Prince played some. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

D8 was amazing!  Taking, and hitting, all those free throws!  WOW !

Pure joy to all our eyes those free throws dropping through for Dwight. Hope to see much more of that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Can someone tell me why Dennis got a tech around the 10-min mark in the third in this game? I couldn't figure out why that happened and I didn't notice him jawing with the refs or anything like that. TIA

Yes I missed that too. I feel like they went to commercial after and didn't clarify after.