• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, rd79 said:

If you want to read some comical hate about Dennis, follow this twitter account... She will always have some shit about Dennis. She is doin' it since he is in the league.

Comical post of the about Dennis:

It was her response to 

It's Mo Williams sister Moët.

WOW, that was an amazing comeback. 

I have no complaints about anyone today - the guys did what Bud asked them to do - DO NOT LOSE BY 20 - instead they messed around and won the game, on the road. Love it.

We are playing with pace and space and ball and player movement again. Passing up good shots for great shots.

The 1-4 PnR with Dennis and Millsap at the top of the key was a thing of beauty. Millsap became the primary  playmaker in some instances. He could either take the shot or make a play. 

Dennis had an awesome game (despite the turnovers). He played 40 minutes, wowzer. Both him and Bud recognized the double teams he started getting in the PnR and didnt force the issue.

A much needed win.

No game until Tuesday, so they should get some real practice in. 

Go HAWKS!!!

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no complaints about anyone today - the guys did what Bud asked them to do - DO NOT LOSE BY 20 - instead they messed around and won the game, on the road. Love it.

We are playing with pace and space and ball and player movement again. Passing up good shots for great shots.

The 1-4 PnR with Dennis and Millsap at the top of the key was a thing of beauty. Millsap became the primary  playmaker in some instances. He could either take the shot or make a play. 

Dennis had an awesome game (despite the turnovers). He played 40 minutes, wowzer. Both him and Bud recognized the double teams he started getting in the PnR and didnt force the issue.

A much needed win.

Go HAWKS!!!

What do you think of my starting Dynasty league point guard Dennis? :-)

These are the types of games I envisioned from our young general.

Practice, practice and more practice. Then its second nature to us when we pound the Magic on Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A much needed win.

Go HAWKS!!!

Great and accurate post. Covers everything. Didn't realize Dennis played so many minutes.

9 hours ago, Garchelino said:

Loved the effort but we have to keep energy and focus for 48 minutes. Dennis is in All-Star mode though he has to cut some turnovers. Since his recovery Millsap is a beast, what a stat line. Like the great @lethalweapon3said in the chat, "Millsapkoumpo". 

Hardaway really needed that clutch three. We are playing better offense with him in the starting line up. Muscala struggles a little bit in defense but his shooting is great. Im pleased with Howard defense in second half. 

Lets keep up the momentum.

I would love for 'full 48 minutes' minutes but there will always be lulls.

The last 3 minutes of the 1st quarter we got real sloppy with turnovers and lost momentum. I think it was 3 or 4 straight TOs when Dennis sat. Then we started launching too many  3s all willy nilly in the 2nd quarter.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would love for 'full 48 minutes' minutes but there will always be lulls.

The last 3 minutes of the 1st quarter we got real sloppy with turnovers and lost momentum. I think it was 3 or 4 straight TOs when Dennis sat. Then we started launching too many  3s all willy nilly in the 2nd quarter.

Yup. There were times in the second quarter where we were one rebound or a steal or a bucket away from getting blown out. I was just hoping we would just fight one possession at a time. 

To be honest, we usually drop those type of a games as a franchise. Not tonight. Character was built through adversity tonight. Awesome job!

6 hours ago, rd79 said:

If you want to read some comical hate about Dennis, follow this twitter account... She will always have some shit about Dennis. She is doin' it since he is in the league.

Comical post of the about Dennis:

It was her response to 

Ahhhh, yes, yes! Total team failure games can be blamed on one player! If any ole' average PG was starting instead of Dennis for the previous 11 games, the Hawks would have gone 6-4 and had no embarrassing blowouts! Despite the fact that Dwight is a lazy bum that only looks to post up and looks for offensive put backs, he should NOT be blamed for anything! He is still awesome and is the type of player that can carry a team! Feed him!

**all sarcasm**

• Like 1

Really happy to see Dennis on this streak. He was struggling for a minute but he seems to be in a great groove now. Hopefully his great play translates into team wins.

Sap is a beast. I don't think he gets enough props from the fans. I guess we are so used to his steady play that we kinda over look it at times. Teams with length usually gives him fits but he balled out last night

Big shots by Tim last night. My only complaint with him is his tendency to rely on his jumper so much. He plays so well when he cuts and drives to the rim.

Having Jeff and Dennis together the previous 2 years really spoiled me. We had the luxury of riding the hot hand. Delaney just does not look like  a back up pg to me. He looks more like a 3rd string guy. Teams attack him as soon as he comes in the game like clockwork.

I liked the Dwight signing but man I can see why Houston fans were not sad to see him go. His effort from game to game is just not consistent. He had a tendency to check out of games with the Rockets if he didn't get touches and I  see moments of that here.  Need more consistent effort on both ends from him

• Like 4

vor 14 Stunden, AUhawksfan sagte:

First half I was thinking, here we go again......flashbacks of Detroit/Toronto.

Glad to see the Hawks regroup and then to also show up in the last couple minutes.  Huge plays from Dennis and big shot by Hardaway!  On top of some big plays on defense by Sefolosha and Howard.  Nice team effort to finish it off.

Huge plays on both ends by Dennis late in the game. Also on help D, stripping Yannis alone going up for a dunk comming full speed from 15 feet away and right after that the charge taken coming from 10 feet away. Then Korver perfectly challenging Yannis's dunk attempt later whas also huge. That stretch of wide open shots for them totally disrupted them stablizing.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 4

That felt like the first time in a long time we've actually completed a big comeback. Nice to be excited during a Hawks game again (and win, unlike vs. GS). That said, we're never going to be more than a mediocre team if we keep losing the 3pt shooting every night. Even with Dennis and Moose being exceptionally hot from 3 (7-10), we could only manage a modest 35% while the Bucks shot 43%. At this point it feels like a coin flip just to determine if the shot is going to be an airball or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

Nice comeback! I missed this one unfortunately, anyone care to tell me how we came back to win (besides what the box score shows)?

@cam1218  Better defensive effort, stopped turning the ball over, more ball movement for easy shots.  Bucks couldn't contain Dennis so they started doubling him off the PnR with Sap.  That young man did not force the issue, he took the double and made the right pass every time.  Sap playing center field from the PnR at the freethrow line with guys spotting up for 3 or cutting to the basket  was gold. Bucks had no answer. Tim hit  a sweet 3 with an assist from Dwight that was silky smooth. Thabo was Thabo. 

Anyone notice Dennis driving left a lot lat night. good to see.

2 hours ago, Trout7 said:

It's sad to have to state the obvious, but we are a much better team without Bazemore.

Don't know what will happen moving forward (well we all do really) but do like the recent rotations without him. I'm down on him right now but I do also understand he can help us this year but he needs to not keep compounding the bad things such as trying to dribble drive with nowhere to go. And Bud is definitely part of it consistently playing him at SF. Either way its good to have found options whether they are optimal or not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@cam1218  Better defensive effort, stopped turning the ball over, more ball movement for easy shots.  Bucks couldn't contain Dennis so they started doubling him off the PnR with Sap.  That young man did not force the issue, he took the double and made the right pass every time.  Sap playing center field from the PnR at the freethrow line with guys spotting up for 3 or cutting to the basket  was gold. Bucks had no answer. Tim hit  a sweet 3 with an assist from Dwight that was silky smooth. Thabo was Thabo. 

Anyone notice Dennis driving left a lot lat night. good to see.

Finally, Paul playing the PnR role and not Dwight. This is how we win games.

• Like 4

This was an important win like you all know.

Not just the fact a comback like this gives a huge confidence boost. After that losing streak it was important not to get on the wrong track again. Now we have 3 off days. The first time there´s really time for fixing some stuff in training.

And I know many of you don't want to hear it, but I sense a big game from Baze on tuesday. This break might just gets him started. Might.

Edited by django2341
  • Like 4