• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul Millsap played every minute of the second half and overtime.

Asked Paul Millsap if Bud was happier than he was letting on to finally beat the Spurs. "Of course."

Has to be a big relief for Bud. Good day for him too.

• Like 2

This team is so weird. I've never been lower on the Hawks than I have been at times during this season, but then they have these games that make them look better than the 60-win team. It's appropriate that the trade rumors pop up right before we have an OT win over the team that has owned us for decades. I'm still not pumped about our postseason prospects, but this team does seem to play to the level of their competition. 

• Moderators

Thought this one was on later so I cheered the box score.  Looks like Sap and THJr broke their slumps in very big ways.  Starting guards had very little impact based on the numbers but the bench stepped it up between Jr and Korver.  Was very happy to see Bud kept the starting wings on the bench when our reserves got hot.  (Read that to mean he played THJr and limited Baze's time).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

I take back everything bad I've ever said about Timmy. Dude made big strides in his redemption tonight. Absolutely killed it.

Baze on the other hand ... shyte. Dude can't even get a decent percentage of his free throws.

It did feel like more than just another game for Timmy. Felt like he turned a page in his progression. Hope it boosts his confidence level!

Ok I witnessed THJ being red hot but I didn't notice that he was 11-13 from the floor including 6-7 from downtown.....wow....and for good measure he threw in 5 boards and an assist with a Hawk high +/- 14 efficiency. GO Timmy!!!!

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok I witnessed THJ being red hot but I didn't notice that he was 11-13 from the floor including 6-7 from downtown.....wow....and for good measure he threw in 5 boards and an assist with a Hawk high +/- 14 efficiency. GO Timmy!!!!

I'm just in to @mention @AHF to make sure he read your post.

Also, we have a tie for last night's Official D.I.C. (drunk-in-chat) award. @f_town and @SalvorMallow

Congrats guys you .... wait, what're they ... um, guys ... guys we're standing right here .... ah, close the door.  Let 'em finish.  Ew.  Take that futon home, it's yours now.