• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone persuade me that Bud is right not to play Prince

sturt

• Premium Member

Don't get me wrong. Typically, I've been one leading the choir in off-seasons in the refrain that Bud does not play rookies.

I know that he doesn't.

But this time, more than any other, I'm just really straining to understand why... why this time isn't the exception.

I trust his wisdom, but is anyone out there mind-melding with him, and can share what you're seeing is guiding that decision?

• Like 2

Somehow I've missed the poor second quarter and garbage minutes he's played so I can't comment too tough but you know Bud won't allow him to set foot on the floor until he's totally secure with his focus.  We saw how long it took for Timmy to get some scratch after starting dozens of games in the league before.  Why he hasn't gotten extended run in the D-League is beyond me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Why he hasn't gotten extended run in the D-League is beyond me.

He got that one week at the beginning of the month and all I can figure is he proved he's got nothing to prove there, and Bud wants him with the team.

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

We only have so much usage that we can get out of Dunleavy. Gotta get it all while we can!

Actually, honestly, seems there's something to this... I think they're getting more out of Dunleavy than they thought they'd get, and riding that horse until it starts frothing at the mouth. Maybe.

Or until they trade him at the deadline. Maybe.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sturt said:

Actually, honestly, seems there's something to this... I think they're getting more out of Dunleavy than they thought they'd get, and riding that horse until it starts frothing at the mouth. Maybe.

Or until they trade him at the deadline. Maybe.

The Dunleavy thing is exactly what's going on.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I'm not even half-kidding when I say, "Yeah, but to my mind, we could've been 9-1." (BOS)

I just think this guy is the one talent on the roster who conceivably has it in him to up the overall game of this team, and make it a genuine threat.

But that won't happen with him getting mop-up minutes this year.

• Like 1

I don't know, maybe I could liken it to my "typical" job experience.  Some employees give increased production based on pride from feeling they earned a higher position (then again, there are also those that believe they deserved it all along and slack off).  Then there are situations where employees are allowed to just learn on the fly.  If they perform well, great.  If they perform less than satisfactory, well....

Yes, McDonalds is a cutthroat world.

Anyway, I'd say Bud is of the "let them earn it" mindset as I believe him and Wilcox actively look to identify "guys with pride" such as Dennis and Timothy.  As far as Kenneth goes, I think Bud's thought process is "dagnabbit, he worked so hard to get here!  Maybe there's trouble at home?  I'll cut him some slack...okay a lot of slack.....alright, Kenneth, take all the time you need for whatever it is you're going through.  I won't judge."

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

His off ball defense is so bad he has looked two years away from being two years away on that part, and the main fault of this is Baylor's stupid zone scheme.

As much as I hate to admit this, you're correct about his off ball defense.  He gets caught ball watching, which leads to easy points.  I still think he should get more playing time than he's getting, but he has to improve his off ball defense.  Bud seems to know when to give guys major run though.   He was more than patient with Hardaway Jr, and that has paid off big time.

From a defensive standpoint, Bembry is more ready to play than Prince.  But Prince is the obvious talent of the 2.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sturt said:

Don't get me wrong. Typically, I've been one leading the choir in off-seasons in the refrain that Bud does not play rookies.

I know that he doesn't.

But this time, more than any other, I'm just really straining to understand why... why this time isn't the exception.

I trust his wisdom, but is anyone out there mind-melding with him, and can share what you're seeing is guiding that decision?

He is very careless and sloppy with his ball handling and passing.  I was glad he got taken out of the game the other night, as he was a turnover machine.  To me it seems he has regressed since the season began.

Just win baby.

18 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

He's an NBA rookie playing on the 4th seed in the east.

good coaches play their young talent, especially when there isn't much in front of him. This logic = "just happy making it to the playoffs. who cares about contending for anything"

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm still hoping he follows in the footsteps of Tayshaun Prince and is ready to impact by playoff time after a ton of DNP type games.

Welp, now that AH has put his stank on it, expects Prince to turn into Kawhii in short order.  Everyone knows AHF is that unintentional reverse-KOD.  Just ask YKW. :Timmy:

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Welp, now that AH has put his stank on it, expects Prince to turn into Kawhii in short order.  Everyone knows AHF is that unintentional reverse-KOD.  Just ask YKW. :Timmy:

Sadly did not work so well last season after lots of criticism from me.  Maybe a year delay to go from disaster to someone solid who can contribute in the playoffs?  We can try that.  

"Prince = no goody."

(Waits...:waiting:)

• Like 2