• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe he's lost a step but he's always been a tough defender and he's shooting the 3 better than anyone on our team.    He hasn't played enough to qualify but he'd be about 3rd in the league in 3point%.   Anyway.   How much are they really wanting for him.   They don't need him and he's certinaly better than Neal...and really a lot of other guys on our roster.   

Dude, I'm not convinced you're not better than Neal at this point.  I'd take him over Neal for sure.  I wouldn't characterize him as a 'tough defender'.  He's probably a Kyle-type defender.  Heady but he ain't stoppin' nobody.

I just question whether or not PHX would trade us Knight, Tucker and Barbosa when all I'd say we need to send them is junk.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude, I'm not convinced you're not better than Neal at this point.  I'd take him over Neal for sure.  I wouldn't characterize him as a 'tough defender'.  He's probably a Kyle-type defender.  Heady but he ain't stoppin' nobody.

I just question whether or not PHX would trade us Knight, Tucker and Barbosa when all I'd say we need to send them is junk.

Perhaps.   I like Tucker but he's a defensive guy and Knight is an upgrade on Delaney.   We still haven't addressed the problem that no one on this team can shoot.    

To me where we fail in preparing for the playoffs is bringing in guys for the bench that know what they are doing and are still capable.  The thought of the Hawks acquiring Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye I'm sure would have gotten the same reaction.  Oh those guys are washed up and average.   And then they play a key role in burying us because we are playing 2nd rounders and D league guys.   

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Perhaps.   I like Tucker but he's a defensive guy and Knight is an upgrade on Delaney.   We still haven't addressed the problem that no one on this team can shoot.    

To me where we fail in preparing for the playoffs is bringing in guys for the bench that know what they are doing and are still capable.  The thought of the Hawks acquiring Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye I'm sure would have gotten the same reaction.  Oh those guys are washed up and average.   And then they play a key role in burying us because we are playing 2nd rounders and D league guys.   

Oh, General, here you go again.  The only reason those guys bury us is because of who their teammate is.  Pair them guys with, all due respeck (which is what you say when you're about to disrespeck someone), Millsap and their impact is significantly diminished.  JMEO

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hots be like ...

me

ETA: "Yesh you, princess."

I'mma earn your gif-respeck, Soth.

On the game, gotta give Crawford mad respeck.  Was the best player on the court down the stretch.  Made our "defense" look like child's play.

ETA: Also, Doc, Jr. or DelaneySucks?

You do have my gif respect. But @JayBirdHawk has a momma cat with a kitten being adorable. I love cats. Having a momma cat tell ppl that's enough internet for them is just awesome. You have the gold standard to try and top.

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You do have my gif respect. But @JayBirdHawk has a momma cat with a kitten being adorable. I love cats. Having a momma cat tell ppl that's enough internet for them is just awesome. You have the gold standard to try and top.

200.gif#0

Wait, nope.  No, kg you're being set up.  Soth is a cat-lover.  There's no way he'll let you top that gif.  You're gonna end up like dis guy ...

200w.gif#47

Allllmost got me, Soth.  Speaking of almost, take dis cat-lover ...

200.gif#15

Oooh, so close.  That's probably like a 7-story window.  Surely he landed on his feet?

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Oh, General, here you go again.  The only reason those guys bury us is because of who their teammate is.  Pair them guys with, all due respeck (which is what you say when you're about to disrespeck someone), Millsap and their impact is significantly diminished.  JMEO

Eh.  That's just defeatist.   Might as well blow it up then.   I mean is the impact more diminished than throwing Moose and Duleaney out there in the playoffs?  It's not just Lebron.  It's a huge talent deficiency compared to the top teams up and down our roster.  Truth is we are overachieving. 

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Eh.  That's just defeatist.   Might as well blow it up then.   I mean is the impact more diminished than throwing Moose and Duleaney out there in the playoffs?  It's not just Lebron.  It's a huge talent deficiency compared to the top teams up and down our roster.  Truth is we are overachieving. 

El Mackerino what are you saying? You wanna trade Dennis n Sap for Kyrie and K Love? Lol.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wouldn't call it 'defeatist' necessarily.  I just willingly acknowledge that a major talent upgrade is what we really need.  In the meantime, I have no problem rooting for us to upset the apple cart as is (roster-wise).

IOW, I'm not out here whining "AW MAN, WE AIN'T GOTS NO CHANCE!!!"  But I'm not going to call for us to snatch up guys like Frye.  That's like putting a wet napkin on a broken leg.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

El Mackerino what are you saying? You wanna trade Dennis n Sap for Kyrie and K Love? Lol.

Nah.  I want us to address the glaring problem we have at the 2 and 3.   Bud can pretend that it's not there but then the season really is pointless.  Think about it.   I like all the guys but you can't really make the case that ANY of our wings should be starting based on their performance.   You can lack talent and you can lack depth at a position but you can't lack both at the most important positions in the NBA.   

9 hours ago, rd79 said:

This would be 4th in the East. When should teams start to tank? And who should give us picks for our assets if 24 teams are supposed to tank?

This year has been weird. I assume most start at the beginning of the season. At this point, look into future picks like 2018. Nobody is going to give up a good 2017 pick. 2018 Draft is good. The vets can get an early summer vacation and management get a head start on 2017-18 season plans.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Nah.  I want us to address the glaring problem we have at the 2 and 3.   Bud can pretend that it's not there but then the season really is pointless.  Think about it.   I like all the guys but you can't really make the case that ANY of our wings should be starting based on their performance.   You can lack talent and you can lack depth at a position but you can't lack both at the most important positions in the NBA.   

Ya watching the offense run through Baze last night was sickening. I don't want Bud's head on a tray like others but to me it seems that when you have a weak link in Baze or someone underachieving in Baze you try to hide him rather than feature him in an offense.

• Moderators

Ya watching the offense run through Baze last night was sickening. I don't want Bud's head on a tray like others but to me it seems that when you have a weak link in Baze or someone underachieving in Baze you try to hide him rather than feature him in an offense.

Which to me is the tell tale sign that Bud has even less faith in the others.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Right! It's not like they can address the need in FA. This year's market at SG/SF is weak. Durant isn't coming and Wade is a shell of himself. 

• Like 1

Oh man, he was hitting some shots but I was thinking the whole time we basically looked like a 10-year old driving a ferrari.  Sure, it'll stay in the road for a while but that ain't a recipe for success.  A lotta "No, no, no, no ... ok, I guess" shots.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is absolutely nothing special about Toronto or Boston. Toronto (who currently has won 2 more games than us)  just got smashed by 35 points 4 says ago and we have the same number of wins as Boston who every 'expert' has touted as contendeers. 

It's Cleveland and everybody else .

TOR got DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas (when he plays aggressive). Boston got IT, Bradley and Horford. They'd beat ATL. ATL doesn't have anybody on the roster who can keep up scoring with a IT, Lowry or DeRozan sadly. 

Just now, macdaddy said:

Which to me is the tell tale sign that Bud has even less faith in the others.  

That's true but with the eye test alone I'm pleading for Bud to realize that Hardaway, Prince, Dunleavy are better options right now. We can't have that headless chicken running our players anymore. If we are a motion offense then get the system some WD40 and let's go!

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, he was hitting some shots but I was thinking the whole time we basically looked like a 10-year old driving a ferrari.  Sure, it'll stay in the road for a while but that ain't a recipe for success.  A lotta "No, no, no, no ... ok, I guess" shots.

Some of the plays actually worked out perfectly for somebody not named Bazemore because the plays ended up with him getting some wide open 20 footers. Problem is, Baze was never and will never be a "natural shooter". I believe there are guys that are born to shoot like a Kyle Korver/Dell Curry/Peja Stojakovic and then there are guys that are taught to shoot like Baze and Jason Kidd and Gary Payton. Obviously Kidd n Payton are top 10 point guards of all time and Hall of Famers but it still doesn't change the fact that they were taught to shoot over the years. Kidd us in the top 10 in all time 3 pointers made as well so he got it to work for him but watching him in his first 8 years was tough. Ditto with Payton and I'm a big GP fan myself he's an Oakland homeboy if you will...:-|

2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

TOR got DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas (when he plays aggressive). Boston got IT, Bradley and Horford. They'd beat ATL. ATL doesn't have anybody on the roster who can keep up scoring with a IT, Lowry or DeRozan sadly. 

You cannot be serious.  TOR had Derozan and Lowry and a locked-in Jonas last year in the playoffs too and got taken to 7 by MIA and IND in games they should've lost.  Derozan and Lowry floundered in the playoffs.  Both of them.  The fact that they got to the ECF was a miracle.  They also have Dwayne Casey who was all but fired until both MIA and IND melted down with double-digit, game-7 4th quarter leads.  That's unheard of.

Boston hasn't shown they're a world-beater either.  Do you remember Thomas in the playoffs last year?  How did we keep up with his 1-man scoring show then?  Oh, that's right, we let him get his and watched everyone else watch him too.

The East is CLE and everyone else.