• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Not sure if I've ever witness a scoring onslaught like this in the last 20 years or ever...the candidates in my mind that could have pulled off anything like this might be Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, or Steve Smith. I don't think any of those guys ever did it. Wow! I would rank this as a top 10 regular season game I've watched as a Hawks fan since 2000...or possibly in the last 31 years! Incredible! (Standing O)!

And it all unfolded on TNT for the entire hoops nation to see. And right in front of that clown Chunk Barkley...

• Like 4

The NBA refs are pathetic the way they worship James Harden.  Any kind of crap he throws up he gets a foul called. You would think there would be a ref somewhere that wouldn't bow down and kiss his ass. SMDH.  Take that NBA refs you couldn't steal this game from the Hawks.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

The NBA refs are pathetic the way they worship James Harden.  Any kind of crap he throws up he gets a foul called. You would think there would be a ref somewhere that wouldn't bow down and kiss his ass. SMDH.  Take that NBA refs you couldn't steal this game from the Hawks.

The problem is, technically, they are fouls they're calling.  However, it's such a b*tch move for Har en to continuously try to get those calls.

None of these new refs has the ballz to look at him and say, "Nuh-uh, we ain't callin' that bullsh*t today.  Move on."

I'm of the opinion that the new-fangled ref grading system and the last 2-minute reports are causing them to basically be robots.  'See foul, call foul'.  If they don't, they get low-graded outta the league.

It seems, in prior years, the good refs had the leeway to call the game as it should be called.  These calls wouldn't be made in prior years mainly because it wasn't punitive for the refs to swallow the whistle on them.

Nowadays, some bean-counter sits in a room and looks at the film and thinks, "Wup, Har en should've been given 3 shots on that play 'cause technically he was fouled when he leaned in and whipped his arms up under Bembry's armpit.  Ref gets an F."

That's not progress.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The problem is, technically, they are fouls they're calling.  However, it's such a b*tch move for Har en to continuously try to get those calls.

None of these new refs has the ballz to look at him and say, "Nuh-uh, we ain't callin' that bullsh*t today.  Move on."

I'm of the opinion that the new-fangled ref grading system and the last 2-minute reports are causing them to basically be robots.  'See foul, call foul'.  If they don't, they get low-graded outta the league.

It seems, in prior years, the good refs had the leeway to call the game as it should be called.  These calls wouldn't be made in prior years mainly because it wasn't punitive for the refs to swallow the whistle on them.

Nowadays, some bean-counter sits in a room and looks at the film and thinks, "Wup, Har en should've been given 3 shots on that play 'cause technically he was fouled when he leaned in and whipped his arms up under Bembry's armpit.  Ref gets an F."

That's not progress.

I just can't concede that technically, those are all fouls. He literally gets rewarded fouls for lunging and flopping when there is no contact. He is the NBA's all-time greatest little bitch. I would like to have seen him play against people like Bill Laimbeer. I don't see why more players don't just start getting their money's worth and put him on his ass if they are going to get called for their little feathery romantic brushes up against him. LOL.

Edited by Trout7
addition.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I just can't concede that technically, those are all fouls. He literally gets rewarded fouls for lunging and flopping when there is no contact. He is the NBA's all-time greatest little bitch. I would like to have seen him play against people like Bill Laimbeer.

See, to me, the refs should no-call the lunges/flops.  Unfortunately, if they do, they'll get graded down because technically there was contact and it could've been defined as a 'foul'.  There has to be a better way to "grade" refs.  They're trying to make it black-and-white but a large percentage of what refs do is art, not science especially foul-calling.

2 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Anybody know of a replay somewhere?  Of course it cuts out after the 3rd quarter on League Pass....

There are a lot of full game replays out there on the net but they also come with warnings that your phone could get a virus, much like @kg01 has on his genitalia...:-|

53 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Harden gets away with murder. He is just as bad as D-Wade or even K-Mart used to be getting crap calls from bad refs.

Agreed.  Funny, it seemed in the 4th qtr. they got a lil tighter with the whistle and he didn't get the gimme calls.  Whu happ'nd to Mr. MVP's production then, I wonder?  Hmmmmm

2 minutes ago, Dwighthoward4life said:

We won but i'm starting to worry.  Dwight Howard went 11-13 and had 24 points.  He needs 20 shots if he is hitting like that.  There was countless opportunities where we missed him for easy buckets.  He makes his free throws at a decent clip why don't we go to him more?

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  What those nimbers don't show is how many of his shot attempts were lob-catches or putbacks after reboards.  It's not like he had a bunch of post opps.  In fact, his post opps looked pretty bad mostly.

I'm probably his biggest fan, well 2nd biggest considering your username, but "going to him more" is not as simple as it sounds.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  What those nimbers don't show is how many of his shot attempts were lob-catches or putbacks after reboards.  It's not like he had a bunch of post opps.  In fact, his post opps looked pretty bad mostly.

I'm probably his biggest fan, well 2nd biggest considering your username, but "going to him more" is not as simple as it sounds.

If pau milsap can get 14 shots a game shooting 44 percent as a PF and 32 percent from 3 then Dwight Howard can get a couple more shots a game.

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I promise I'll get to sleep, the Chamomile is ready.

But... 48 defensive rebounds. Fell one shy of the team's all-time** record of 49, set twice at home vs. Philly in October 1974 and versus Utah in March 2012 (Al was not there! Pec tear season #1. Zaza had 20 boards), as per Hawks Media Guide. On the Jazz 2012 team was Paul Millsap.

**O-Reb and D-Reb records only started getting split apart by the league in the 1973-74 season.

~lw3

That was a triple overtime game too...I remember Zaza played 55 minutes for those 20 rebounds.

He did have 0 turnovers though :)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uh...I think I've been accused of riding Dwight's jock more than anyone on the site at this point. :hmm:

And he's right, Dwight goes 11-13 and doesn't get more shots. He should get more shots per game.

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

That was a triple overtime game too...I remember Zaza played 55 minutes for those 20 rebounds.

He did have 0 turnovers though :)

200.gif#0

Colin's ... aliiiive???!!

7 minutes ago, Dwighthoward4life said:

If pau milsap can get 14 shots a game shooting 44 percent as a PF and 32 percent from 3 then Dwight Howard can get a couple more shots a game.

Millsap gets that many shots because he's a better, more versatile offensive threat than Howard.  If Millsap took Howard's shots, he'd go 11-13 or better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way anti-Howard.  I just think it's diminishing returns if we try to force-feed him.  At the same time, I do wish they'd make him a bigger part of the offense.

Actually, I loved the way they started that game.  They were clearly trying to get him involved early.  I think that's the recipe for success for us.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Uh...I think I've been accused of riding Dwight's jock more than anyone on the site at this point. :hmm:

And he's right, Dwight goes 11-13 and doesn't get more shots. He should get more shots per game.

See above.

3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Anybody know of a replay somewhere?  Of course it cuts out after the 3rd quarter on League Pass....

I have it on my dvr but I'm not sure we have the technology to forward dvr recordings to each other yet....do we? Ur welcome for the million dollar idea. 

Ps @AUhawksfan if we did have that technology I'd forward a few other cool dvr recording that I'm sure you would like...;-)