• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Warriors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, Thomas said:

Bud's coaching really is deteriorating in front of us every time we step on the floor these days.

I hate to admit it but I'm starting to question if Bud should be released. I'm on the fence and not overreacting. 

Whats telling me should keep is the fact that players have improved under him. Dennis and THJ are having a great year individually. But bud playing Baze and Thabo so much really starts to make me question him.

the future of this Hawks team is Dennis, THJ, Prince, Bembry those guys in my opinion need some real serious PT...Baze and Thabo can have their minutes cut drastically in my opinion 

• Like 3

vor 4 Minuten, JTB sagte:

It's not the system, it's the players running it. Particularly Baze and Thabo....Baze should not be I repeat should not be putting the ball on the floor! That goes for sefelosha as well....these guys need the Bruce Bowen treatment, play off ball motion and take your open shots when you get them. 

We can't keep expecting Sap and Hardaway to save ass at the end of these games. That's the whole theme of this season...watch as....

"Hardaway & Sap save the Hawks ass in 4th quarters or 2nd half to at the least give them a chance to win and occasionally rely Dennis as well"

No its the system. The players are what they are. I'm of the opinion coach bud should be fired after this season. He and his staff cost us at least 10 games. His ducking pride us more important than winning games. His line ups are worse then ones made of kindergarden kids. Hes a pathetic coach. Thats the main issue. We have a roster thats talented enough to make impact. But he's constantly putting out bad lineups and makes bad decision especially in crunch time.

f*** BUD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Sorry but banishing Dennis without banishing D8 is the wrong message.  You can't gain a consistent player with knee jerk reactions. This loss is stupid for petty reasons. Baze cannot handle the ball. Period. Moronic. 

Did bud say that's why he was benched?

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I suppose this bears repeating. The reason Dennis was benched is petty, and it was started with Dwight airmailing an outlet pass. He argued with him, and then Curry hits a three. He's benched.

If you're unhappy with that, fine, take him out, yell at him, put him back in. One of your only realistic chances was for Dennis to continue to work.

Ruined a good game.

I'm still trying to figure out what bud actually said and his reason for benching Dennis!

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Against top teams, it can't be the system. It has to be your best talent winning against their talent. And Dennis did that in the first half, just like Tim did it vs Cleveland.

This is not high school, one mistake shouldn't lead to the bench.

That's how I feel! It's not the system it's clearly a talent problem with this team.

Dennis has a lot of issues but you made the decision to ride with him. I'd take Dennis and his bone head plays versus a coach with an ego at the expense of the team.  Sorry, I'm beyond irritated with Bud the GM and Bud the coach has lost me this year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Diesel I thought Dwight was good? I thought we need to feed him? I thought he was an excellent player still? Dude, he's mediocre. Al Jefferson status, his rebounding ain't even impactful. He get those Minnesota Kevin Love rebounds.

I just think he's a bad fit offensively/defensively in today's NBA. It's no different than Greg Monroe, Kanter etc having to come off the bench dominating 2nd string centers. 

Millsap is the Hawks' best option at C.

• Like 1

Looks like Bud pulled him for arguing with Dwight which led to an open three from Curry...... 

Sure I get it... take the guy out for a few minutes and give him an earful. But to sit our only PG for the remainer of the game who just had a career first half.. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Dennis has a lot of issues but you made the decision to ride with him. I'd take Dennis and his bone head plays versus a coach with an ego at the expense of the team.  Sorry, I'm beyond irritated with Bud the GM and Bud the coach has lost me this year. 

I'm curious to see how ownership feels about this. They didn't pay Dennis all this money for him to be on the bench in the 4th quarter.

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten, JTB sagte:

That's how I feel! It's not the system it's clearly a talent problem with this team.

I think she's stating that it's in fact the system. Because talent wise we were winning. But Bud and system didn't allow dennis to play any substantial minutes in the 4th or 3rd. Thats what handed us the L. Thats the fault in the buds system

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Diesel I thought Dwight was good? I thought we need to feed him? I thought he was an excellent player still? Dude, he's mediocre. Al Jefferson status, his rebounding ain't even impactful. He get those Minnesota Kevin Love rebounds.

Man I disagree....Dwight had some great screens to free up our perimeter guys either for shots or to penetrate the lane to score or for kick outs....everything was working first half just fine.

bud sat Dennis and decided to roll with baze, Delaney, and Thabo to do the same thing Dennis & Hardaway did and the results were negative. I don't believe Dwight was the problem.....bud was the problem with the players he put on the court and it's getting old.

Howard and Dennis had a yelling match so what! You shouldn't bench either one cause of something so small. Let them get mad and figure it out.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

He basically said that the team needs to stay together and play together and that everyone needs to be focused and ready for every play.

Said it was a coach's decision.

Ok right got it.....well f*** bud then! I'm shocked he's so disciplined with Dennis yet he allows Baze boneheaded plays and Thabo hasn't been very smart on offense either. I'm sick of those two.

• Like 3