• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Good thing they don't run the team. 

True but more then likely bulls organization is wanting the same thing. I hate to bring it up again but like I posted in the thread I created the other day , it's easier and more likely the Hawks get their hands on melo more so than butler or George. And even melo is still just a 50/50 chance. Bulls and pacers are going to want a lot for their young star players. Knicks just want to get what they can for melo at this point and though melo would have to agree with what ever trade it's still more likely to obtain him than the other 2.

dont get me wrong I'd rather have one of the other two players over melo of course but like any other off season coming up I just try to stay realistic so I don't get my heart broken cause the Hawks rarely have good off seasons.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

I dont think we have enough to offer for Butler, but maybe could skate with Melo for just picks, and somehow get rid of Baze

I've said it before but if we offered Dennis, Prince, Baze and a 1st for Butler, Rondo I think they'd jump on it.  I know it's a lot but Rondo, Hardaway, Butler, Sap, Howard is a nice lineup.  Rondo, Bembry, Butler, Sap, Howard is a helluva defensive team.   

I'd certainly try to hang on to Prince if i could but it may take him.  

As for Indy, do the Lakers really want to wait another year for PG?   Indy has a great shot to trade him to the Lakers this summer to and get something good in return.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I've said it before but if we offered Dennis, Prince, Baze and a 1st for Butler, Rondo I think they'd jump on it.  I know it's a lot but Rondo, Hardaway, Butler, Sap, Howard is a nice lineup.  Rondo, Bembry, Butler, Sap, Howard is a helluva defensive team.   

As for Indy, do the Lakers really want to wait another year for PG?   Indy has a great shot to trade him to the Lakers this summer to and get something good in return.   

They probably would jump on that but I'd hate giving up Prince.  Might be able to do Bembry instead in that deal.

Also, I'd be ok shipping Dennis if we were getting something else besides Rondo back at the point guard position.  He doesn't respond well with coaches that confront him (i.e. Carlisle) so I definitely see him and Bud butting heads.  He's just too inconsistent mentally and on the court and we're already in a fragile state at that position without Dennis.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

They probably would jump on that but I'd hate giving up Prince.  Might be able to do Bembry instead in that deal.

I love Butler and I understand a good deal both ways but personally I can't deal PRINCE.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I love Butler and I understand a good deal both ways but personally I can't deal PRINCE.

...at least not yet. Prince has 'something' about him that tells me he will be a solid NBA player when he puts everything together. He probably won't be a star or anything, but I think he's going to be a very solid 2 way starter next season much like the other Prince, Tayshaun. But something drastic has to be done with this roster and I honestly no longer care who gets traded or let go. I'm not sure I can stomach watching this same team next season. I love the Hawks, but this team has been borderline unwatchable for the past month and I'm not sure how Bud and the ownership can justify keeping this group together.

• Like 2

Tuesday night updates:

Bucks getting pounded on the road in OKC.  

Pacers doing their jobs and beating Toronto.  Bulls losing to New York at the half.  The Bulls need to get it going.

On 4/3/2017 at 2:35 PM, macdaddy said:

I think Dennis and a couple of picks is real solid for Butler or George if the Celtics pick ain't in the picture (and I don't think it is). I also think we could leap frog up a couple of spots in the draft by relieving the Blazers and Mavs of some salary (we'd have to be creative though).

Anyway, point is I'd deal Dennis for George or Butler and put them at the 2 with Prince at the 3 and Sap/Howard down low. Then we need to find a PG.

• Moderators

"Don't Look Now" sounds like the Hawks' new slogan!

Looking at the teams currently below us, tonight's heat-Hornets battle will be pivotal. The winner is probably the biggest threat to eking past the Hawks should it come to that, while the loser would almost have to run the proverbial table. I'll be pulling for the heat to get 'er done tonight on the road, since their subsequent schedule is more arduous on paper.

(remaining games; Magic Stiff-Arm Number represents # of Hawks wins and/or opponent Ls for Atlanta to finish in front; hunch assumptions on upcoming losses in BOLD)

11. Detroit (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 2)

vs TOR, @ HOU, @ MEM, vs WAS, @ ORL

10. Charlotte (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 2)

vs MIA, vs BOS, @ MIL, @ ATL

9. Miami (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 4)

@ CHA, @ TOR, @ WAS, vs CLE, vs WAS

8. Indiana (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 4)

vs MIL, @ ORL, @ PHI, vs ATL

7. Chicago (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 3)

@ PHI, @ BKN, vs ORL, vs BKN

~lw3

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"Don't Look Now" sounds like the Hawks' new slogan!

Looking at the teams currently below us, tonight's heat-Hornets battle will be pivotal. The winner is probably the biggest threat to eking past the Hawks should it come to that, while the loser would almost have to run the proverbial table. I'll be pulling for the heat to get 'er done tonight on the road, since their subsequent schedule is more arduous on paper.

(remaining games; Magic Stiff-Arm Number represents # of Hawks wins and/or opponent Ls for Atlanta to finish in front; hunch assumptions on upcoming losses in BOLD)

11. Detroit (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 2)

vs TOR, @ HOU, @ MEM, vs WAS, @ ORL

10. Charlotte (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 2)

vs MIA, vs BOS, @ MIL, @ ATL

9. Miami (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 4)

@ CHA, @ TOR, @ WAS, vs CLE, vs WAS

8. Indiana (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 4)

vs MIL, @ ORL, @ PHI, vs ATL

7. Chicago (ATL Magic Stiff-Arm Number 3)

@ PHI, @ BKN, vs ORL, vs BKN

~lw3

Detroit and Charlotte lost.

Man the talk about trading Dennis is a bit surprising as I would rather get Dennis and butler on the team together but that's likely impossible....

anyways mentioning this and I'm thinking to myself would I rather have a lineup of rondo, butler, prince, Sap, Howard or Dennis, THJ, Melo, Sap, Howard?....assuming both are possible.

most would pick the butler lineup but I'm different, rondo isn't the same player to me plus he'd have a damn fit with bud. I know Dennis makes mistakes but he's still the future, Dennis has a very good chance at being an regular all star player in the future. Rondo and butler isn't a lineup that's going to give you anything especially shooting wise.

cant believe I'm saying this but I rather go with the melo lineup cause we are more likely to hold on to Dennis and prince in that scenario. Butler will be 28 or 29 next season, he isn't as young as you all may think.

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm rooting for the #7 seed like it's nobody's business. As long as the Celts get #2....

We do desire a confrontation with him? Do we not?

Think we'll find out on our court how bad we want that confrontation in the playoffs tonight. Hope Sap is very ready for this battle.

• Like 2

Hope Bud realizes how much he really is talking about himself here. The "things that seem so simplistic", such as minutes and rotations comes to mind. 

“I think every team, every coach, has their frustrations,” Budenholzer said. “Some things that seem so simplistic often times are the hardest. The better teams figure it out and have less of that. I think it’s part of our season, part of our journey. The better we are, that is going to give us our best chance.”

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Does it make me a bad fan for rooting for the opponent the rest of the season?  I'm tired of playoff flame outs... Give me a lotto pick.

Sounds like your asking someone, somewhere to make an angry post and get banned for twenty four hours. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Does it make me a bad fan for rooting for the opponent the rest of the season?  I'm tired of playoff flame outs... Give me a lotto pick.

No, you are just looking at the long term. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Hope Bud realizes how much he really is talking about himself here. The "things that seem so simplistic", such as minutes and rotations comes to mind. 

“I think every team, every coach, has their frustrations,” Budenholzer said. “Some things that seem so simplistic often times are the hardest. The better teams figure it out and have less of that. I think it’s part of our season, part of our journey. The better we are, that is going to give us our best chance.”

Sounds like Bud is starting to overthink things a bit....

I sure do miss Quinn and Atkinson, they'd probably help keep him in check.  Utah playing well as we know and Brooklyn showing some promising signs at the end of the season for such a young and inexperienced team.

• Like 3