• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol sure I got a spot for you...

ala Theon Grayjoy....GOT...u may now be called...Reek..:-|

I guess you haven't gotten far enough to figure out what happened to the guy that re-named Theon?

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

College is pretty important...:-|

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Lebron is a walking talkin moron. 

He's not a moron, he's just not as smart as he thinks he is.  IOW, if you get put on 3rd base (via the genetic lottery) and are given $100 million and you end up at home plate with even more millions, don't let yourself believe you made every right decision to get there.  That's what I think he believes.  But I don't think he's a moron.  

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

There were plenty of bad calls that went the Cavs way.  They want to overlook those but that foul on Millsap's challenge of Lebron's missed layup had no contact at all.   Lebron's 6th was bogus I agree but you start counting the bad calls i'd say it was fairly even.   There's were just way more noticeable frankly because they were related to incredibly stupid mistakes on their own part and they cried incessantly about them.   I mean Delaney gets plastered on an obviously moving screen for a KK 3 pointer but no one is crying about that.   

And don't forget the emoLove disqualification that somehow gets rescinded?  Is that even legal?  I've never seen a block/charge call reviewed or reversed.  Plus, as Bawb said, the action started low-block so there should be no restricted area in that case.

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean Delaney gets plastered on an obviously moving screen for a KK 3 pointer but no one is crying about that.   

YES!  I watched this replay several times when I got home from the game and I thought that was a clear moving screen.  Not a flagrant as he didn't throw his elbow or anything, but still, a moving screen.  Am I wrong?  It made me question the definition and my understanding of a moving screen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I guess you haven't gotten far enough to figure out what happened to the guy that re-named Theon?

He's not a moron, he's just not as smart as he thinks he is.  IOW, if you get put on 3rd base (via the genetic lottery) and are given $100 million and you end up at home plate with even more millions, don't let yourself believe you made every right decision to get there.  That's what I think he believes.  But I don't think he's a moron.  

And don't forget the emoLove disqualification that somehow gets rescinded?  Is that even legal?  I've never seen a block/charge call reviewed or reversed.  Plus, as Bawb said, the action started low-block so there should be no restricted area in that case.

Yes Love charged on the play, and it was going to stand until the KANG stood up from off the bench and did the replay motion then the refs acquiesced for his Highness, his problem is he takes their acquiescence for granted!

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude I'm in season 5 episode 2....I love GOT why'd didn't you m'fckers get me on this 6 years ago lol

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

Why is everyone so afraid of Washington? They only had 1 good game against the Hawks.  The others were tightly contested.  I don't see Washington as some unstoppable Juggernaut like the Warriors  or Spurs.   The Hawks match up well with all the top teams in the East if they play their game.  That's always a big if though.

Yeah, I don't get it.  We've faced them 3 times this year.  Lost by 3 early in the season when Korver was still on the team and playing big minutes and Baze had a big fat ZERO points.  They crushed us in January, no excuses. They beat us by 4 points without Millsap in the last game in March.

Edit: We did beat them by 15 points to start the season. So 4 games played.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, I don't get it.  We've faced them 3 times this year.  Lost by 3 early in the season when Korver was still on the team and playing big minutes and Baze had a big fat ZERO points.  They crushed us in January, no excuses. They beat us by 4 points without Millsap in the last game in March.

thought I saw that we won 1 game vs them right vs the 3 losses? They are the only team of top 4 in the east we lost the series head to head, I guess that's why folks are skird.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What?  My man gonz can get me smuggled out of the country if the need arises.  Hence 'abroad'.  What's funny?  Is english your 3rd language or something?  Actually, I take that back since I may need a westcoast hiding spot.

Yeah, you so funny, Spud.  Ha. ha. ha.

I'm sorry but the words "abroad" and "pianist" get me every time....oh and "erect"...

e·rect
əˈrekt/
adjective
  1. 1
    rigidly upright or straight.
    "she stood erect with her arms by her sides"
    synonyms: uprightstraightverticalperpendicularMore

• Premium Member

playing them 3 times is right though, I think Fox sports graphic that I saw had a typo there, should have been 0-3 not 1-3.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm sorry but the words "abroad" and "pianist" get me every time....oh and "erect"...

e·rect
əˈrekt/
adjective
  1. 1
    rigidly upright or straight.
    "she stood erect with her arms by her sides"
    synonyms: uprightstraightverticalperpendicularMore

Freud would have loved you as a patient where he alive lmao

Just now, turnermx said:

playing them 3 times is right though, I think Fox sports graphic that I saw had a typo there, should have been 0-3 not 1-3.

WE played them 4 times, so we are 1-3

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

thought I saw that we won 1 game vs them right vs the 3 losses? They are the only team of top 4 in the east we lost the series head to head, I guess that's why folks are skird.

I'll say it again...I want the Celts over the Wiz or the Raps. But I fear the Raps more than the Wiz. The regular season is no indication of what is to come. The Bulls swept the Cavs 4-0 this season but most likely will lose 4-1 or 4-2 to the Cavs in the playoffs...hope they don't Im just saying.

The Raptors are big and deep. The Wizards aren't that great after their first 5 or 6 guys in my opinion. 

Please avoid the Raptors in round 1.

The Wizards will be extra fueled because of their complete anger over 2015 and while their defense is bad, their best two perimeter defenders can lock the Hawks biggest perimeter threats.

It'd be an ugly sweep, like Toronto in 2015.

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Yes, I forgot the season opener which we won.  Edited my post.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WE played them 4 times, so we are 1-3

when I get time I'm going to review the box scores but I think if we face them in first round, need not worry, because Bud has stumbled upon a unit he can rely on to execute the offense when it goes stagnant... and that unit is less turnoverprone as well. key to beating the Wiz Is to keep them from igniting their deadly transition game with Wall breakout layup/dunks and Beal transition 3s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

And I him...

I heard he was a party animal..;-)

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The Wizards will be extra fueled because of their complete anger over 2015 and while their defense is bad, their best two perimeter defenders can lock the Hawks biggest perimeter threats.

In 2015, you had Kyle Korver who couldn't create his own shot!  Bradley Beal did NOT fair well against THjr during the last game we played.   However, Beal shut Korver down in 2015. I don't see an ugly sweep.  It'll be a very good series. If the Hawks hit their shots, it very well could be an ugly sweep by the Hawks. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

In 2015, you had Kyle Korver who couldn't create his own shot!  Bradley Beal did NOT fair well against THjr during the last game we played.   However, Beal shut Korver down in 2015. I don't see an ugly sweep.  It'll be a very good series. If the Hawks hit their shots, it very well could be an ugly sweep by the Hawks. 

Don't forget Prince developing too I see him as a factor in playoffs even as a rookie. In fact I think he will get even better.

• Like 1

Just now, turnermx said:

Don't forget Prince developing too I see him as a factor in playoffs even as a rookie. In fact I think he will get even better.

Agreed. He had no fear the first time he took the court, or at least that's what his non verbal and sometimes verbal communication signaled to me. He's just going up from here.

24 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Dude I'm in season 5 episode 2....I love GOT why'd didn't you m'fckers get me on this 6 years ago lol

We didn't think you could handle (lol, he said 'handle') the noods.

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's not 'anger', it's delusion.  Opinions like yours is what's driving it.

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

4 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Korver became easy to guard this year because he lost a step and the book on KK was play him close. He couldn't handle the ball which limited what else he was able to contribute. 

Having to guard THjr and even Prince who both have a variety of ways to score as opposed to guarding KK and Thabo who are oretty one dimensiol is different.