• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope to see Baze and Dwight on another team next year

Admin

We have now seen it first hand that every team Dwight goes to ends up being worse than they were before him or they're better after he leaves. I can't believe how disappointed I was with him as a Hawk (on the court) this year and I really hope he's not on the team next year.

As much as I want him gone I want Bazemore gone 100x as much. I can't stand watching him handle the ball and he's just not good enough at anything to even remotely justify his contract.

Also hopefully goodbye to Jose, Thabo, Moose, and Dunleavy. Would like to see Ersan and Hump return and hope Hardaway comes back on a team friendly deal otherwise goodbye to him too. Same with Millsap as I don't believe he's worth the insane contract he might get.

In fact it wouldn't break my heart to see the team start over with Dennis, Prince, Bembry and 1st round pick as the core going forward. We need to get a lot more athletic and not worry about simply fielding a playoff team who can't advance.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

We have now seen it first hand that every team Dwight goes to ends up being worse than they were before him or they're better after he leaves. I can't believe how disappointed I was with him as a Hawk (on the court) this year and I really hope he's not on the team next year.

As much as I want him gone I want Bazemore gone 100x as much. I can't stand watching him handle the ball and he's just not good enough at anything to even remotely justify his contract.

Also hopefully goodbye to Jose, Thabo, Moose, and Dunleavy. Would like to see Ersan and Hump return and hope Hardaway comes back on a team friendly deal otherwise goodbye to him too. Same with Millsap as I don't believe he's worth the insane contract he might get.

In fact it wouldn't break my heart to see the team start over with Dennis, Prince, Bembry and 1st round pick as the core going forward. We need to get a lot more athletic and not worry about simply fielding a playoff team who can't advance.

Dunleavy will surely be gone. He looked disinterested the whole time here. ZERO SHOT he comes back. Same for Jose.

Moose will be back though. He is going to be Bud's Rafael Belliard,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Doesn't Dunleavy's contract have one more year on it?  

We don't need Dennis included in our core. His decision making is pathetic.  

Prince and Bembry are fine to hold onto.  No way Humphries will re-sign here after sitting on the bench for so many games.  We probably won't be lucky enough to  get rid of Moose.  Good luck trying to trade Howard and Baze.

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I would keep Dwight for 7 years to get rid of the D league sub Bazemore.

Not sure I agree with you on Dwight.  The guy only played 26 minutes a game in the playoffs and was still 5th in rebounding.  Also, the decision to bench Thabo and Humphries is unforgivable. That's on Bud. But on Baze...his ball handling was horrendous. He played his way off the floor numerous times. Again, that's on Bud.

On a positive note, I was pleasantly surprised with Dennis in the series. Prince showed why he should have been starting since December.  That end of the Hawks looks bright. And the poor performance from THjr just lowered his price in the offseason a few million a year. 

Dwight did his thing in the 1st quarter, game 6 but they sat him down when he was giving Wash. trouble. This was the worst matchup for the Hawks and Dwight. It's unrealistic for him to go out there and help guard Wall and Beal on the perimeter.  

Bazemore has entered clown status in my book. I can't stand him unless he cheerleads. 

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Benching Humphries is unforgivable.

Sometimes the past is the present though about a year ago Kris was allowed a bit of impactful floor time, whether Bud was onboard or not. 

• Premium Member

and some still say Bud is oh too good a coach. Success went to his head abd he didn't know how to handle it. He destroyed the good Hawks team Ferry has built. 

IMHO Bud is the first who needs to go. After all, who gave Baze and Dwight their contracts? Not me.

Word around the block is it might not have been Bud's doing with Howard, and reading in between the lines, Ressler might have given it away that it wasn't.

You have to look more into context when talking about Howard then just the surface. I'm not asking for your center to be a good passer, but I am asking for your center to be mobile enough to be able to do all of what is needed in the modern NBA and to be a willing and good PNR player. Don't really even need to be a good jump shooter, just a good dive man.

The story with Bazemore is simple. You can't sign a system guy and take the guy that is the major part of the system away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I expect Baze and Dwight back. Nobody is going to take those deals especially Dwight.

It comes down to this Millsap situation on who comes back. His cap hold takes up so much of the Hawks' cap space. Hopefully he makes his decision before 4th of July. If I was him I'd leave. 

14 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Dunleavy will surely be gone. He looked disinterested the whole time here. ZERO SHOT he comes back. Same for Jose.

Moose will be back though. He is going to be Bud's Rafael Belliard,

You know you're a true Atlanta when you drop Rafael Belliard references.

13 hours ago, GameTime said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Dwight demands a trade at this point.

Sometimes I question it this cat has it all.  "Your city" loved to come see you play to the tune of 26th in attendance.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hardaway had one of the worst shooting playoff performances I've seen from a main rotation guy in a long time.

Nick Anderson much?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You live in Houston, right?  So you forgot the run to the Western Conference Finals that the Rockets made a few years back  . . with Dwight on the team?  Dwight averaged 13.7 ppg - 12,7 rebs during the season, and shot a career high 63% FG.  He was not the problem for the Hawks.  In fact, up until the playoffs, he was a definite bright spot.  He gets a bad rap for his teams not performing well in the regular season or playoffs, when he's not the main reason why the team underperformed. 

This season, the Rockets are a very fun team to watch.  But it wasn't just the departure of Dwight that saw them get better.   They added a new coach that loves to play uptempo, 4 new main rotation players ( Gordon, Nene, Anderson, and Lou Williams ), and gave their superstar player even MORE responsibility.

Had we gotten even average play from our wings ( namely Bazemore and pre-injury Sefolosha ), the Hawks would've been a 50 win team, and may still be playing right now.  Hardaway had one of the worst shooting playoff performances I've seen from a main rotation guy in a long time.  All we needed from him is to be average, and maybe we win one of those games in Washington.  And Baze . . . . smh.  He's the bad version of Josh Smith, in a guard's body.

When you look at the reasons why the Hawks didn't reach their goals this year, Dwight might be #5 on that list.  He definitely isn't one of the top 3 reasons why we underachieved.

And I'm not a huge Dwight Howard fan.  I just think people place a lot of blame on him for things that aren't his fault.  Is it his fault that our guards can't properly feed post guys?

You're a nice guy, but lol... You're in denial about Howard.

It's Howard's fault that he didn't develop any passing skills or hardly any post moves. He has terrible hands also. He can't hold onto the ball when he does get it.

Oh, and he is starting to act out already. Just like he has done everyone else.

Edited by Hotlanta1981