• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nooooooooooooo! No no God NO!

HawkItus

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lol wow this isn't good at all. Bud is going to be gone soon if this is real and so the typical pattern that accompanies Dwight is going to continue.

Shhheeesssh! It's all dwights fault again huh? smh...Shit this is way worse than the Dwight contract whether some liked it or not . Dwights time is close to being done for, only going to be around for 2 more seasons, plus he's getting old, and I'm positive ressler wouldn't allow the team to be built around old ass Howard before Young Dennis.

However the problem I see is the GMs if they are finalists for the job.  dumars completely screwed up his time as GM with the Pistons recently and showed the whole NBA he has no eye for talent. Griffin on the other hand is a bigger joke as all he did was get lebron what he wanted and gave the players lebron said he need max or near max contracts.

all in all if one of these two are hired the franchise just went backwards abd set back for years to come. We can't say that about Howard, he's only signed for 3 years and he's one player. A GM can and has the ability to destroy a franchise easily 

• Like 1

@MaceCase

youre going to have to do some serious convincing ! We sign dumars there's no question but to question ressler as a owner. Dumars the player great, dumars the GM absolutely horrible and one of the worst 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2022262.amp.html

we sign Griffin than ressler better be ready to spend money ...big time money cause Griffin only knows how to buy championships.

Edited by JTB

The rumor says the "voice of the front office."  It doesn't say they will be making decisions.  Just said the new voice.  Maybe the GM candidate they want has a raspy voice or something?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This coming from a guy that ESPN laid off. Maybe shooting bullets in every direction. Hope thats the deal anyway.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1290743

Stein is connected and usually pretty good.   ESPN is gonna put themselves out of business getting into politics.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Dumars can draft (Darko excluded), just keep him away from free agency.

Problem is, Dumars' f*ck ups are fire-able offenses.  It's not even like he could've survived around them.  They were, "nah, this dude can't be a GM no more" mistakes.

Kinda like a dude that always takes dimepieces home from da club but ends up getting a fugly chik pregnant.

Like, "Dayum homie, you be takin' them IG models home but yo' baby momma look like Whoopi Goldberg?!?"

lakers_oh_snap.gif

• Moderators

Oh, c'mon you guys! Joe D can bring back his old pal Josh Smith on a reasonable deal to replace Sap and then... hold on, I need another sip of this great water. :rumple:

Speaking of Employee #5, Happy Cinco de Mayo! Drink Responsibly, Squawkers!

~lwtres

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Who has he drafted that sticks out to you besides Drummond ?

Tayshaun Prince, Arron Afflalo, Kris Middleton, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, Rodney Stuckey, KCP, Memhet Okur, Amir Johnson all stand out as solid starters/fringe all star level.  He has a better eye for mid to late round(s) value, has shat the bed more with his higher lotto picks. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Tayshaun Prince, Arron Afflalo, Kris Middleton, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, Rodney Stuckey, KCP, Memhet Okur, Amir Johnson all stand out as solid starters/fringe all star level.  He has a better eye for mid to late round(s) value, has shat the bed more with his higher lotto picks. 

Fair enough...if he's here or selected I sure hope it works out and hope it's a 1 year prove it deal

Oh boy...so we take a look at whose available...and we choose Dumars or Griffin? 

I swear its almost like we are purposely trying to screw up. Smh.

Watch, we don't hire a GM and our clock for the draft will expire like the Minnesota Vikings over 10 years ago...only us.

Happy Stinky De Mayo everyone!

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh boy...so we take a look at whose available...and we choose Dumars or Griffin? 

I swear its almost like we are purposely trying to screw up. Smh.

Watch, we don't hire a GM and our clock for the draft will expire like the Minnesota Vikings over 10 years ago...only us.

Happy Stinky De Mayo everyone!

David Griffin would stock us up with high % 3 pt shooters, Bud with elite shooting is COY.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

David Griffin would stock us up with high % 3 pt shooters, Bud with elite shooting is COY.

lol you're saying this because of Lebrons command to have 3pt shooters that he can kick out to. Griffin isn't proven to me, he only got what lebron asked for. how good of a GM is he really without pleasing his star player? Does he really have an eye for talent ? ....or does he just spend crazy amounts of money to appease his star player and has the ability to do so cause his owner wants to win .

any GM can do Griffins job on the cavs. Therefore I'm not impressed.

• Like 1