• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Towering Piece of Excrement? Really, Bob Ryan?

lethalweapon3

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well, in all fairness, Dwight is a guy with basically no offensive skills aside from Dunking, he probably needs to be ranked lower on the list.

I take no issue with him having an issue with the ranking position - it's the vitriol and name calling that was unnecessary.

13 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Bob's Bitter Beer Face can't have anything to do with the fact that Dwight's Magic ended his blessed juggernaut Celtics' championship run at 1, whooping them in their house by 19 points in Game 7 of the 2009 conference semis. Nope, that can't be it at all...

~lw3

Thats the type of Celtic lore I truly enjoy. Thanks for a very nice memory.

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When I saw "Bob Ryan", I knew not to partake.  I have no idea what y'all are talking about and I never will.

There's only one Bob R. worth listening to.

IMG_2429.jpg

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators
14 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

He said all that trash about Dwight and still, somehow, managed to precede it with something worse.

Bob, your Len Bias is showing.

~lw3

Really?  Put Mchale on the Jazz and see.  It helps to be surrounded by Larry Bird and Robert Parish.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Really?  Put Mchale on the Jazz and see.  It helps to be surrounded by Larry Bird and Robert Parish.   

Eggsactly right.

I get that McHale was *gag* very good but I hate when people compare him to guys like Malone who had to stand on his own 2 feet and be the guy on a team.

They suppose that, if McHale had been in that position, he could've been as good or better.  That's disrespectful as heyul.  Maybe McHale would've gotten hurt due to the increased burden.  Maybe he would've shrunk under the weight of that pressure.  We'll never know.  What we do know is that Malone had a HOF career.

Speculating McHale would've done as good or better is just ignorant IMHO.  It's why I generally hate the media.  They act like they're above petty fan-like biases when it's plainly obvious that they are not.

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly right.

I get that McHale was *gag* very good but I hate when people compare him to guys like Malone who had to stand on his own 2 feet and be the guy on a team.

They suppose that, if McHale had been in that position, he could've been as good or better.  That's disrespectful as heyul.  Maybe McHale would've gotten hurt due to the increased burden.  Maybe he would've shrunk under the weight of that pressure.  We'll never know.  What we do know is that Malone had a HOF career.

Speculating McHale would've done as good or better is just ignorant IMHO.  It's why I generally hate the media.  They act like they're above petty fan-like biases when it's plainly obvious that they are not.

LOL . . . if ya'll say so.

McHale was a MONSTER in the post.  I'm not saying that McHale is equal or better than Karl Malone.  But it's close . . . DAMN close.  McHale was literally unstoppable in the post.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

McHale was a MONSTER in the post.  I'm not saying that McHale is equal or better than Karl Malone.  But it's close . . . DAMN close.  McHale was literally unstoppable in the post.

I'm not knocking McHale at all.  All I'm saying is that saying McHale is great and Malone is the most overrated player in history really makes the guy look like he has no idea what he's talking about.   McHale played on great teams but put him on the jazz or hell even the Hawks. He may have still be a great player but no one from Boston would be losing their shiz if he's ranked down.  In fact they'd be losing it if he was on the list at all.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ah ah Iwo oi Iwwo I awlays says thas thhe garatest playa I eva playe aginst in ma entiiiiiiiiiii carearr.

-Charles Barkley (on McHale)

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Did you read what I wrote, muthaf*ckah? (in Samuel L Jackson voice)

We all acknowledge he was a high-caliber player but a guy totally knocking Malone that way was completely disrespectful and driven by homerism.

Was McHale doubled to the extent that Malone was?  No.  Was he #1 on anybody's scouting report the way Malone likely was?  No.  Hard to be unstoppable in the post when 3 guys are gunnin' for you.