• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is going to start at center

ThomasCredle

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Charlotte is absolutely pissing all over the Hawks the last 48 hours.  

They traded the pick for cash considerations.

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

60 wins

48 wins

43 wins 

Most likely a lot less wins next year.

There is a pattern there....

If you're referring to previous years then sure. I was of the mindset that he was referring to worse and worse since the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

If take a run at Okafor too if he's cheap.

Jahlil or Emeka? Supposedly Emeka is making a comeback this year and even though he hasn't played since the 1950's he's still better than Plumlee. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Much younger and more creative offensively, has some range. The opposite of Dwight if anything

He's a slow footed offensive player that can only be effective in the low post. That's where he is like Dwight. He can't rebound at all and is bad defensively. I just can't see this team after trading Dwight for nothing would want an even worse version of Dwight going forward.

• Like 1

ALPHA KABA - - Starting center, Atlanta Hawks !

Seriously, no one really knows who will be the starter.  Many seem

to assume that our roster is complete right now and this is who we

will have when the season opens.

Wake up.  Many moves before then.  And, don't forget, Hawks now have

their very own minor league team.  Is it still D league?

Another question:  Where will Millsap go and will we receive anything

in return?  What does this do to our payroll ceiling?

• Like 1

I like the rookie to be honest and also agree with @GameTime that a lot rest on free agency. Prince was a major contributor last season. Same for Sabonis on OKC last year. I think Collins is just as polished and ready as those two. Last nights historical run on freshman pushed Collins and what many think was the #2 big in the draft right into our laps.

I am stoked about this pick and think we will look back on it the same as when Schröder dropped to us at 17.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThomasCredle said:

I wonder if the 19th pick may indicate the Hawks are going to take a run a Deandre Jordan.   I don't think he has ever mentioned the Hawks ever as a team he has interest in.  He would fill the 5 for us if we drafted Milsap's replacement and are going to throw his cap space at another max player.   Don't see how the Clipper's would be looking at Sap in a sign and trade if they are in rebuilding mode so I doubt this would ever happen. 

Would other people like to see Deandre in the ATL

Yes.

10 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

If you're referring to previous years then sure. I was of the mindset that he was referring to worse and worse since the end of the season.

I am referring to the end of the season up until the present time.  I suppose there is a sliver of hope they try and improve in free agency, but my guess is the team continues to go in the wrong direction yet still maintains this idea of not rebuilding.  I don't understand the idea of trying to hide the fact that the team needs to start over. A long drawn out process where the team gets marginally worse year after year is quite possibly the worst thing to have happen.