• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is gone to Denver

GameTime

• Premium Member

I do think this means Bud will be gone within two seasons. We're clearly rebuilding with very little actual talent. Not trading Millsap and Horford when we had chances has set us back to basically ground zero. I can't see Bud staying the course before Schlenk fires him from pressure of fans/owners and then Schlenk is probably the next to go unless he hits on some great picks in the draft.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ATLBob said:

Lol the only reason this team isn't getting blown up is that there's nothing to blow up and practically no one to take who isn't already young.

That's what happens when a roster regresses over time. Guys end up leaving or get worse due to age while remaining with a team.

It also doesn't help this team hasn't drafted well overall since Ferry was here. It might have been easier to keep the treadmill going had they drafted better. You add suspect drafting with the terrible roster decisions made by Bud  with the intent of competing and here we are. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DBac said:

What do yall think it would take for them to trade Dennis? How untouchable is he?

This is not to say that I would trade Dennis or even be looking to right now... just curious.

I'd say a half dozen basketballs and a couple bags of chips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guard said:

That's what happens when a roster regresses over time. Guys end up leaving or get worse due to age while remaining with a team.

It also doesn't help this team hasn't drafted well overall since Ferry was here. It might have been easier to keep the treadmill going had they drafted better. You add suspect drafting with the terrible roster decisions made by Bud  with the intent of competing and here we are. 

More like since the team's been here. You can create a HOF listing of the guys they've passed on, no matter who is running the show...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is so unreal to find myself on the side of cautious optimism on the board for once. I haven't felt this good about our chances in years.

Being free from bad contracts is a beautiful thing, my friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Being free from bad contracts is a beautiful thing, my friend.

Looking at being in the lottery for the next 5 years is a beautiful thing.  Hopefully, we can do it the way the Kings have since having a lottery pick every year is so damn exciting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Let me know when we get there.  We still have two bad contracts.

These guys celebrate losing Dwight's "Bad Contract" for Plumlee's Longer bad contract...   YEAH.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Looking at being in the lottery for the next 5 years is a beautiful thing.  Hopefully, we can do it the way the Kings have since having a lottery pick every year is so damn exciting.

They have really prioritized acquiring draft picks and developing their young talent by:  

Trading away 2014, 2015 & 2016 2nd round picks

Trading away their 2016 lottery pick (#8 overall) for a worse combo of later picks

Trading right to swap picks giving up their 2017 lottery pick (#3 overall - unprotected)

Trading their 2019 1st round pick (? - unprotected)

Trading away Isaiah Thomas

Trading away Tyreke Evans for Greivas Vazquez

Signing Rajon Rondo trying to compete for the playoffs

Signing Aaron Afflalo trying to compete for playoffs

etc.