• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would it be classless of the Hawks to not do a Dwight Howard Appreciation Night

Blunt91

Last season the Hawks showed appreciation for Teague, Korver, & Horford  when they had their 1st game back at Phillips Arena. I am sure Millsap will get this treatment and probably Thabo as well. My question is should they do a Dwight tribute @ Phillips when he had his 1st game back in the ATL or should they do nothing and act Like he never was part of this team?

Biggest Dwight supporter on the board, but he wasn't here long enough to be due that.  Those nights are reserved for people who accomplish something special with the franchise.  Josh meant much more to the Hawks than Dwight for example.....as did Kyle (his streak).

• Like 4

I went to Joe Johnson's first game after he was traded and I don't remember any tribute, though many fans including me did give him a warm welcome.  However, the honoring of past players has sort of become a thing in the past few years. 

I suspect they won't honor Dwight.  He was here for a year and his departure was controversial.  Team might rather people forgot about all that.

Edited by Randy
add something

Maybe some loud applause from the hometown crowd for the hometown boy but that's about all I expect.

• 4 months later...

It would be great! They can show highlights of him lazily bending at the waist for loose balls, casually jogging down the floor getting back, unnecessarily blocking shots into the stands, and leaving his man to sell out for block and rebound stats!

So many memories.

Edited by Duff_Man
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

It would be great! They can show highlights of him lazily bending at the waist for loose balls, casually jogging down the floor getting back, unnecessarily blocking shots into the stands, and leaving his man to sell out for block and rebound stats!

So many memories.

Kinda sums up his career as a Hawk

• Premium Member
On 7/20/2017 at 10:16 PM, thecampster said:

Biggest Dwight supporter on the board, but he wasn't here long enough to be due that.  Those nights are reserved for people who accomplish something special with the franchise.  Josh meant much more to the Hawks than Dwight for example.....as did Kyle (his streak).

I agree with this but even more likely..  Because he's still under contract, the ownership would be sorta admitting to either tanking or making a mistake if they gave an appreciation program. 

• Premium Member
On 7/20/2017 at 11:07 PM, DrReality said:

He's pretty classless 

This is the narrative of the fans...  Sad.  Because he's not.  We were the ones that traded him and tried to devalue him to make the trade seem like it made sense.   So now a  false narrative is put out there and fans eat it like candy.  I even heard some fans buy into the false narrative that he was a cancer in the lockerroom.   Farthest from the truth.  But the false narrative was put out there to justify a dumb trade... and Hawks fans eat it like candy. 

• Like 2

Was on our roster in one underachieving season. We went out of the first round pretty much with a whimper so nothing there to hang his hat on and certainly not here long enough for a highlight film devoted to him at our place.