• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

thecampster

15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

:Bud: Stats are for losers!  Why can't y'all see that he clearly he deserves to play more minutes than Collins and Bembry?  Y'all just don't understand Bud ball

That makes sense.  Let's play Collins at point guard and Bembry with a fractured wrist instead of Delaney.  I'm sure Bud would rather play Magette, but Travis Schlenk has likely given an edict to not play the "two way" contract guy too much.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That makes sense.  Let's play Collins at point guard and Bembry with a fractured wrist instead of Delaney.  I'm sure Bud would rather play Magette, but Travis Schlenk has likely given an edict to not play the "two way" contract guy too much.

We've got fewer options now but Delaney played the 4th most minutes on the team in game 2.  With a healthy Dennis in Game 3, we had 4 guys play more than 22 minutes.  Guess who played 22 minutes?  Delaney is now 13th on the team with a 6.0 PER, 13th with a (negative) -0.036 WS/48, and 12th with a .405% TS% but he has the 6th most minutes played and 7th most shots taken.  The irrational love is real.:ahf:

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a good tank commander. I am glad we choose him over Quinn Cook. 

This is the only logical reasoning I can see.  We want to lose so we must heavily feature the suckiest of players.

Just now, bleachkit said:

I hope this is only year we are blatantly tanking. After the 2018 draft, the teams needs to start working towards being competitive.

When you blatantly tank, it doesn't work that way.  Impact free agents do not go to teams who intentionally tank unless they have some sort of sentimentality for the city.  So, you will be relying on 19-20 year old prospects whose skills levels are horrifically underdeveloped and hoping they can make you competitive.  They will make you competitive.  Competitive for another high draft pick....and then another....and another......repeat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When you blatantly tank, it doesn't work that way.  Impact free agents do not go to teams who intentionally tank unless they have some sort of sentimentality for the city.  So, you will be relying on 19-20 year old prospects whose skills levels are horrifically underdeveloped and hoping they can make you competitive.  They will make you competitive.  Competitive for another high draft pick....and then another....and another......repeat.

Our best bet is that John Collins and our top 5 2018 pick become stars, along with Schröder and Prince as solid complementary guys. That's basically our only hope.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Our best bet is that John Collins and our top 5 2018 pick become stars, along with Schröder and Prince as solid complementary guys. That's basically our only hope.

Schröder is going to get traded at some point, and Prince may be little more than a role player/rotational guy long term.  I've been disappointed in his defense so far this year.

Just now, KB21 said:

Schröder is going to get traded at some point, and Prince may be little more than a role player/rotational guy long term.  I've been disappointed in his defense so far this year.

Why would they trade Dennis? We have no scoring without him, and 2018 draft is not guard heavy.

• Like 2