• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is legitimately a sub replacement level team.

When you get rid of the defensive anchors of the team, this is what you get.  Millsap was the do it all guy.  Howard prevented the offensive rebound domination by the other team.  I just hope Dennis keeps his sanity through all of this, and don't have a meltdown at some point in the season.  When guys who aren't used to losing, start losing in bunches, it definitely affects them.

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Finally, Collins and Dedmon play togethor

Honestly, it's stupid NOT to play them together.  They're the 2 best all around bigs on the team, who can play both the 4 and the 5.  Go ahead and play them together, and see if it just may work.  I'm tired of watching Moose's nothingness.

• Like 3

Wait...do we really only have 2 offensive rebounds this late into the game?

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud couldn't stand it.  2 minutes of Collins - Dedmon was long enough.

Haha.

The other sad thing about all of this, was that the Hawks over the past 4 - 5 years, had FINALLY gained back some sort of home court advantage vs those popular teams.  Very seldom did the opposing fans take over Philips, not even when Lebron came to town.  But with the Hawks not even being competitive at home, that will change in a hurry.

Give the damn ball to Collins so that he can get his double-double.

• Like 1

Very pleased with the Dorsey sighting! 

Looked really good out there! You can see he needs confidence to play his game. 

Another thing that caught my eye: JC is having real trouble with dribbling the ball. He gets stripped every time he makes a dribble. I think it's mostly because he's overthinking. 

In the end the score doesn't look as bad as the game actually was. We really suck. And we have to embrace it. For the tank. 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we're going to lose like this, Bud may as well put all of the young guys in the main rotation.  Quit wasting minutes on guys who may only be here one year.  

Yeah, not sure why this isn't happening. Tank or not this team wasn't going to be very good. Why not get them minutes?

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

If we're going to lose like this, Bud may as well put all of the young guys in the main rotation.  Quit wasting minutes on guys who may only be here one year.  

No there's a tricky twist to it. You actually need to play the one year guys too because you want to turn them into picks down the stretch. Very difficult to find a balance there.

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When you get rid of the defensive anchors of the team, this is what you get.  Millsap was the do it all guy.  Howard prevented the offensive rebound domination by the other team.  I just hope Dennis keeps his sanity through all of this, and don't have a meltdown at some point in the season.  When guys who aren't used to losing, start losing in bunches, it definitely affects them.

Dennis is going to get traded before the deadline.  I'm about 95% certain of it.

• Like 2