• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But what if he's rewarded with a team of quitters?  Deep, huh?

Also, if you're fighting insomnia, tune into NBARadio right now.  The new HorCats coach is on and he ....... zzzzzzzzzzzzz .... whut was I saying?

Did he say Dwight is still a premier player in the league and they are going to run offense through him?

• Like 3

Pierce did indeed appear to be a fait accompli so fingers crossed.  Considering just how much of a crapshoot hiring assistants is there is no telling how it will workout.  More than anything, it would be nuts to expect a top flight HC prospect at the beginning of the tank.  

And no doubt this was brought up here or elsewhere, but Bud to the Raptors sounds like Pierce is to the Hawks with him getting a "serious look" or some such.

Edited by Jungle Jack

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Perfect fit.. They're both used to getting swept by Lebron.   lol

Nicely done.  Wrote on another thread about how I hope we at least look at Nurse and how much pressure is going to be on the next Raptors HC.  Sounds like Pierce will be announced soon with me guessing maybe a 5 PM announcement to drive the local sports chat.  That and Bradley's latest screed sure sounds like helping to lay out the welcome mat with him going all in on what Philly has wrought.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Was talking to Rome about this yesterday. Hes high on Pierce. I have high hopes for him

I like what I hear but are there any results of his strong player development? 

Im not too worried about the offense he’s going to bring as I’m sure he’s likely bringing a ball and player movement system to the team after working under Brett Brown the past years or so 

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

I wanted an offensive minded coach.  Defense is nice, but put some points up.  Smells like Woody 2.0 to me.

I think he knows to run the trending offensive style “pace and space” to the hawks ...if you’re referring to pierce that is.

also schlenk being with golden state so long I’d be shocked if we went to being an iso team again. 

Whethee someone likes schlenk or not it just wouldn’t make sense if he hired an isolation coach even if the plan is to tank...still wouldn’t make sense 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just another poor sucker that will be fired in 2 seasons.

Not if we manage to somehow get Doncic despite Bud's ego doing its best to blow it. If we get Doncic, 2020/21 season we are back in the playoffs. That kid is a winner.

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not if we manage to somehow get Doncic despite Bud's ego doing its best to blow it. If we get Doncic, 2020/21 season we are back in the playoffs. That kid is a winner.

Amen.  What would you think the hypothetical price would be to move up to 1 from 7th?  More than anything, trying to incorporate four rookies at once seems a fools errand.  I would hope the worst case 7th, 30th, and the 2nd might get it done.