• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Trae will be fine.  As I said earlier, Curry as a rookie shot 32.5% from the field in 5 summer league games.  

Trae has to get stronger, but so does all these other 19 year old players that have entered the league sooner than they should.  None of them have had proper strength training.  

Look at the board favorite Bagley tonight.  He looks like shit.  

No he doesn't.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I declared him a bust before the draft. His poor performances going forward will just validate it. When he stopped playing Division 2 schools and played actual competition his numbers sank like the Titanic. The only person who didn't see it was sadly our idiot GM.

Look, I was upset with passing on Doncic.  However, it seems like you are taking this out on Trae, like he held the Hawks at gunpoint to select him.  He's a 19 year old kid.  If you are still a Hawks fan, you should want him to succeed, not be mad cause management didn't pick someone you liked and take it out on Trae.  

If you aren't a Hawks fan anymore then by all means continue your sabatical, but I think you'll still be around, so why not root for Young to improve?

At this point, that's all you can do.  

He also wasn't as bad as you're making him out to be.  He shot horrible and his shot selection was not good.

But, his defense was better than expected and his vision and passing were good for as unorganized as summer league is. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Hey.  I forgot to mention that JJJ scored 29 tonight and was 8 of 13 from three.  

Trae Young out rebounded JJJ tonight.

That should tell you how much tonights stats don’t matter.

Glad his shot was falling. He wasn’t drafted to shoot 13 3’s a game

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Hes more Nash than Curry but even than, hes raw

He’s going to be ahead of Nash though that’s for sure. I remember watching Nash in his rookie season and thinking...this kid is in trouble. Of course I’d been used to KJ running the Suns offense forever and he was still the starter. 

Young is gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine.

• Like 1

Chill the f*** out, y’all gone make me looo my mind (up in here). Saw some very encouraging things from Ice Très for it to be just his very first SL game. Already the vision and passing was there, he’s going to be Nash~esque on that front. The effort on D was a nice surprise, stayed with his guy and was pesky with hands. Great rebounding (more than JJJ). Blew past several defenders and got to the basket (misses be damned). The shot selection and percentages will improve with time and practice and adjustment, no worries there. Anybody else besides me consider his shot suffered as a result of not being used to giving so much effort on D? Again, he’ll get used to it. Relaaaaaaaax ??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Chill the f*** out, y’all gone make me looo my mind (up in here). Saw some very encouraging things from Ice Très for it to be just his very first SL game. Already the vision and passing was there, he’s going to be Nash~esque on that front. The effort on D was a nice surprise, stayed with his guy and was pesky with hands. Great rebounding (more than JJJ). Blew past several defenders and got to the basket (misses be damned). The shot selection and percentages will improve with time and practice and adjustment, no worries there. Anybody else besides me consider his shot suffered as a result of not being used to giving so much effort on D? Again, he’ll get used to it. Relaaaaaaaax ??

Left out getting to the line, going to be very valuable and Très can do it. 

Bagley almost fell to us :ahf:

JJJ is getting overrated because he was making his threes while Trae was bricking his. Trae will be fine. JJJ will come back down to life but without his three ball. He will struggle.

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Can't really make the claim that Summer League is unorganized anymore.  This Lakers vs Kings game is high quality, with both teams looking very prepared.  So if a Summer League team looks unprepared, that's on them.

Trae overall was bad today.  That's OK.   Just don't make it 2 in a row.

I kinda think CLP looked worse as coach than Rayford looked as a player.  But, as has been said, it was just game 1.

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ is getting overrated because he was making his threes while Trae was bricking his. Trae will be fine. JJJ will come back down to life but without his three ball. He will struggle.

Wait, you don't think he'll get by on a steady diet of step-back, under-handed 3's?  SMDH

Seriously though, JJJ was a Hawk-made creation last night considering how bad our defense was.

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

Look, I was upset with passing on Doncic.  However, it seems like you are taking this out on Trae, like he held the Hawks at gunpoint to select him.  He's a 19 year old kid.  If you are still a Hawks fan, you should want him to succeed, not be mad cause management didn't pick someone you liked and take it out on Trae.  

If you aren't a Hawks fan anymore then by all means continue your sabatical, but I think you'll still be around, so why not root for Young to improve?

He also wasn't as bad as you're making him out to be.  He shot horrible and his shot selection was not good.

But, his defense was better than expected and his vision and passing were good for as unorganized as summer league is. 

This is truth.  @Sothron you know you my guy but ... we here now, ain't no need in rooting against Rayf at this point.

I missed the second half, but what did he do besides go unconscious from three? 24 of his 29 points came from there, if he does that every night, he's the goat. He better fix that jumpshot though, I would've slapped him for kicking that leg out. Completely unnecessary.

Just now, nathan2331 said:
52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I missed the second half, but what did he do besides go unconscious from three? 24 of his 29 points came from there, if he does that every night, he's the goat. He better fix that jumpshot though, I would've slapped him for kicking that leg out. Completely unnecessary.

He's going to hurt himself or someone else.  I was screaming at the screen that, as the rule is written, that's now an offensive foul.  I guess it's summer league for the refs too?

Meanwhile, kg is in regular-season ref hatin' form. :mellow:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, marco102 said:

Acie Law 2.0 is in the Shellhead category. A bust we all saw was coming with a game that isn't going to translate to the NBA but our idiot GM took the bust anyways. So no, I do not have to support him in any way, shape, form or fashion. He won't get a second NBA contract.

Sothron, Acie was trash because yes he lacked athletic ability but he lacked PG skills and shooting as well. Trae showed better PG skills than anyone we have had since the Bibbster. He clearly can pass exceptionally well. 

His shooting is WIP but I knew that already.

• Like 1

I’ve Très’ shooting will come when he settles down and gets in a groove. There will also be an adjustment period where he’ll have to get used to being a 20-pt scorer where he’s used to being a 30-pt scorer. He’s never been surrounded with 20+ point scorers like J-Bap and Printz are capable of being. Adjustments will happen.

• Like 1

Just now, hazer said:

Très’ shooting will come when he settles down and gets into a groove. There will also be an adjustment period where he’ll have to get used to being a 20-pt scorer, where he’s used to being a 30-pt scorer. He’s never been surrounded with 20+ point scorers like J-Bap and Printz are capable of being. Adjustments will happen.

Fixed

I watched the game last night and though disappointed with the outcome, I was ok with the way our team, Trae included, kept fighting. It is summer league, tonight things might be 100% different.