• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lebron to Lakers....The Eastern Conference is rebuilding too

• Admin
48 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

NBA may have to explore re-seeding the playoffs. East will be garbage for the next 3 to 4years.

Everything is cyclical... East will be a power again ... for a very long time the top teams were in the East

• Like 3

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Everything is cyclical... East will be a power again ... for a very long time the top teams were in the East

Yup ...they always bring up how powerful the West is. I remember when we use to say that about the east 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With or without LBJ, there was going to be some opportunity in 2020 to nudge our way into the East top tier.

Will we?

None of us are omniscient, of course. Even meeeeee. *wink*

I don't feel like we have any future difference makers on the roster right now, but I sure would like to think I'm wrong.

Contributors, yes. Strong contributors, maybe. Difference-makers, no.

In Schlenk's defense, I think he's made the most out of the 1st round picks he's had last summer and this one. Hopefully next year we can finally obtain in the draft a difference-maker.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I think Boston could give the West a run for their miney

I agree and seems people are forgetting about Kyrie. With him healthy I think they are a lock for NBA finals since LBJ signed with LA. Philly is still more talented overall than Milwaukee but I see both of them near the top of EC standings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, wolvetigers said:

NBA may have to explore re-seeding the playoffs. East will be garbage for the next 3 to 4years.

actually the team the east sends will be stronger than a lebron lead one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrReality said:

I think Boston could give the West a run for their miney

Hate to admit it but its pretty easy to imagine the Green in the finals. Not a Philly fan either but hope they give the Celtics one hell of a battle in the ECF. Dark horses being the Bucks, Pacers or Raptors possibly in that ECF series but not winning it.

• Like 1

I know he has been gone a little while but don't you know David Stern is dancing for joy 24/7 with LeBron going to the Lakers and the Celtics looking to control the East for a while. He even admitted on air all he ever wanted year in and year out was a Celtics/Lakers seven game finals. Still don't think he will get that wish at least in the next few years, hope not anyway just to spite him. Maybe I should wait for confirmation of Kawhi's future location before I count LAL out all together though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hate to admit it but its pretty easy to imagine the Green in the finals. Not a Philly fan either but hope they give the Celtics one hell of a battle in the ECF. Dark horses being the Bucks, Pacers or Raptors possibly in that ECF series but not winning it.

I  have a hard time not seeing Boston in the finals losing to the rep from the West.

23 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Randle gone, Rondo in.  This should be good.

JaVale and Rajon will warrant a permanent position on the Lakers staff for someone like Michael Gervais with little doubt. If not then LeBron will be wearing so many hats just like he did in Cleveland. You know (player, coach, shrink and of course gm). All self appointed as history has already disclosed to us.

• 1 month later...

Just to add to the thread. with the trade of Leonard to Toronto, some forecast (mainly NBA radio)  the Raptors as the best in the East.  I'm not buying that.  Celtics are deep and have Hayward coming back.  Until the Raptors show any sort of toughness, I can't buy into them.  Lowry is too inconsistent, esp in big games.  Give me Boston next year, and then see what Philly does over the next few years.  

33 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Just to add to the thread. with the trade of Leonard to Toronto, some forecast (mainly NBA radio)  the Raptors as the best in the East.  I'm not buying that.  Celtics are deep and have Hayward coming back.  Until the Raptors show any sort of toughness, I can't buy into them.  Lowry is too inconsistent, esp in big games.  Give me Boston next year, and then see what Philly does over the next few years.  

Best regular season team?  Absolutely, Raps are only paper tigers in the playoffs.  Boston has an embarrassment of riches, many of the players that broke out last year did so because of the absence of others.  At full strength they'll have to figure out some chemistry which may be tough given that a few are in contract years and know how Ainge likes to get down when it comes to negotiations.  Will they be playing for the the team or showcasing themselves for the next destination?

• Admin

I think Boston, TO, Philly and  maybe the Bucks (they have the young talent and now the coach) will be top tier teams in the east.  Second tier are Wash and Indy.  The last two spots for playoffs is pretty open among Detroit, Miami and maybe Charlotte.  I think the top tier is just as talented as the top tier in the West.

• Moderators
On 8/5/2018 at 10:31 AM, MaceCase said:

Best regular season team?  Absolutely, Raps are only paper tigers in the playoffs.  Boston has an embarrassment of riches, many of the players that broke out last year did so because of the absence of others.  At full strength they'll have to figure out some chemistry which may be tough given that a few are in contract years and know how Ainge likes to get down when it comes to negotiations.  Will they be playing for the the team or showcasing themselves for the next destination?

If Kawhi comes back healthy, I’m much more intrigued by Toronto than I ever have been.  They have been like Memphis East in recent years.  Nice team that is clearly not a contender.