• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dennis trade talk should stop immediately!!!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

There is no way in h-ll anyone including Dennis haters can convince me that Trae young is ready to be a starter in the NBA.  There is no way anyone can convince me that Trae Young is better at anything right now than Dennis.  Trae will probably be a good point guard in this league but he is at least 1 maybe 2 years away from getting there and nobody in their right mind would recommend throwing him to the wolves at this stage in his career.  Do the right thing Hawks!...Do not trade Dennis this year!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, I'm ok with Dennis being here. But he is not Schlenk's and Pierce's guy, and politics plays a big role in the NBA. He has to be "their guy," and he's not.

Schlenk didn't draft Prince either so I don't get your point

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

They don't like Dennis. He was Bud's guy.

1st of a all that is all speculation.  Secondly, there is no other logical choice in this matter.  Trae would be forever ruined if forced to start this season.  He already resorts to bad habits he picked up down the stretch in college.  He would pick up more if he is fed to the wolves.  Dennis needs to stay period

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

1st of a all that is all speculation.  Secondly, there is no other logical choice in this matter.  Trae would be forever ruined if forced to start this season.  He already resorts to bad habits he picked up down the stretch in college.  He would pick up more if he is fed to the wolves.  Dennis needs to stay period

I agree. I don't want to see Trae get thrown to the wolves. 82 games of that would be absolutely brutal.

• Like 1

You know honestly the smart thing would be to keep Dennis this year and hopefully let him play into a more valuable asset while Young learns the ropes.  It knocks another year off of a big contract and might pay off for us next year as a good trade piece.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Totally agree.  If he's not ready, forcing him to play big minutes might make him worse.   And once his teammates lose confidence in him, it's a wrap.

Even though Lonzo Ball struggled last season shooting the ball, the team still had confidence in him because his passing was on point, and he still played defense.

If Dennis is traded, Schlenk is looking to win less than 20 games this season.  And with the top 3 worst records all having the same lottery odds, finishing last makes no difference anymore.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They don't like Dennis. He was Bud's guy.

Where is the article stating Pierce and Schlenk don't like Dennis? I believe Dennis is actually a key piece to Schlenk that he lost when Bud took almost his entire coaching staff. Just because Bud and Schlenk did't see eye to eye doesn't mean Schlenk didn't like Bud's coaching philosophies and definitely the Hawks University aspect that's another reason why Pierce was highly valued because he has qualities to keep the "U" going. Dennis (point guards) are the coach on the floor. Schlenk only one coach was kept from the "U" and I'm sure Schlenk would like to milk as much as he can and Dennis is his best resort to get just that. As long as Dennis is cooperative it would be a win to get as much from Bud's cookbook and Dennis has been with him since the beginning. There's a reason Bud didn't want any of his staff (secrets) remaining after his departure. Also Dennis needs to teach Trae how to get a layup off in the nba as a small guy and alot of other tricks and trades in the nba that Trae needs desperately if he's going to succeed. Dennis use to struggle with that himself until Hawks "U" got him straight. Both Teague and Dennis started picking up vintage Tony Parker floaters and inside efficiency. In business you clear the books while leaving the money in the building to crumble you salvage every good aspect of the takeover before burning the rest of the files. As a start up taking over an old but once successful venture you don't do away with everything that works and try to invent a wheel from scratch. That's what we'll be attempting to do if we just throw Trae the keys and tell him learn on the fly.  

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Totally agree.  If he's not ready, forcing him to play big minutes might make him worse.   And once his teammates lose confidence in him, it's a wrap.

Even though Lonzo Ball struggled last season shooting the ball, the team still had confidence in him because his passing was on point, and he still played defense.

If Dennis is traded, Schlenk is looking to win less than 20 games this season.  And with the top 3 worst records all having the same lottery odds, finishing last makes no difference anymore.

Trae’s passing has been everything it was billed as. I’m not saying he is ready but his passing is at least as good as Lonzo’s.

Defensively he isn’t a doormat. He is passable.

Summer League is great for Trae. He is learning already what he needs to work on. Guys are in his face, and he has taken lumps. 

Its been ugly but it’s a necessary transition.

Did you guys notice Bagleys terrible game (1 pt in 29 mins)?

JJJ shot terrible tonight too. 

These are 19 year old kids that will have a lot of ups and downs before they are ready to be a franchise player. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae’s passing has been everything it was billed as. I’m not saying he is ready but his passing is at least as good as Lonzo’s.

Defensively he isn’t a doormat. He is passable.

Summer League is great for Trae. He is learning already what he needs to work on. Guys are in his face, and he has taken lumps. 

Its been ugly but it’s a necessary transition.

Did you guys notice Bagleys terrible game (1 pt in 29 mins)?

JJJ shot terrible tonight too. 

These are 19 year old kids that will have a lot of ups and downs before they are ready to be a franchise player. 

Problem is that the other guys at least showcased their "billed" talent in at least 1 game.  Even JJJ had 3 blocks tonight.

Trae's playmaking will translate, so I'm not worried about that.  But he has to get a lot more mentally tough on the court.  That was my major concern with him last winter.

It'll be a shame if Colin Sexton turns out to be the better player, especially with Colin right in the Hawks backyard.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There is no way in h-ll anyone including Dennis haters can convince me that Trae young is ready to be a starter in the NBA.  There is no way anyone can convince me that Trae Young is better at anything right now than Dennis.  Trae will probably be a good point guard in this league but he is at least 1 maybe 2 years away from getting there and nobody in their right mind would recommend throwing him to the wolves at this stage in his career.  Do the right thing Hawks!...Do not trade Dennis this year!

I thought this kid was the next Steph Curry? I thought he was the savior of basketball? Our Hoops Messiah?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

That is a true statement....Trae isn't ready. Hopefully these SL games can help him shake that funk off. It's frustrating to see when other rookies he'll be linked to are more productive. Look, he's going to have bumps and slumps. Glad he's doing it now and learning how the NBA game runs.

I think the trade Dennis at all cost talk is way over blown. Besides being our starting point guard, he was also our leading scorer. I think eventually Dennis will be moved; but it will not be for a bag of peanuts and a coke; as many around here seem to think, If that were the case, he'd already be gone.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Dennis is not part of the future.  He makes a lot of money.  Why not trade him?  Trade him for somebody who can help Trae Develop!

Dennis for Solomon Hill and then bring in Isaiah Thomas on a 2 year deal.

You can also get Biyombo and Augustin for Dennis and Musky..  Orlando will probably through in a future pick for that deal and Augustin could mentor Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

so why not give Trae the minutes to develop? This roster isn’t going anywhere with or without Schro anyway.

Already covered...It could ruin his career.  His teammate would lose confidence in him as a player.  He could lose them forever.  You were starting to see some of that in Utah

Dennis can stay for all I care but you don’t draft a player top 5 to watch him come off the bench . Smh

that just doesn’t happen in the NBA. What would be better is if we had at least one of two more veteran starters that can be on the court with Trae instead of mostly young guys who are still trying to figure it out.

Another thing, we can talk about Trae not being ready but he needs on court experience....nothing is better than that.

last I’m not too confident in what I’ve seen in coach pierce! I get Trae is struggling but not only does Trae looked confused, this whole offense looks like a train wreck. I’ve watched all the summer league teams every year and this is the most unorganized offense I’ve seen for a summer league team!....I’m not looking for perfect plays just looking for the team to at least be organized. Like last year for example we loss games but we could tell the players knew what their roles were....not the case this summer