• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol Hazer said 28 wins...how’s that...

nevermind im feeding it again. I’m done.

Im thinking more around 13 to 18 wins

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Please.  Let's examine our biggest gripes and look for answers.

Kent Bazemore has not been playing a very good 2 guard.  What to do?  Is there any one to replace him?  My pick for that would be Kevin Huerter.  In his two very brief appearances, he hasn't looked that terrible and he needs the minutes.

Vince Carter should be coming off the bench, not starting at PF.  Do we have anyone better right now?  Nope.  But, when he comes off his injury and can play, you betcha!  John Collins, our starter.  Add Omari Spellman, back up center \ PF and we begin to look different.

Alex Len, starter at center.   Should be sub for Dewayne Dedmon, who is a better center.  Problem is, you can't play if you are out with an injury, regardless of who you have for head coach.

Our final headache.  I have no clue.  Just, please.  Really try to hit those free throws!!  Hawks score a lot of points, it's true.  But, we need all we can get !!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

Get well soon, all you Hawks on injury reserve....

The more you play Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman, the more you are going to expose their weaknesses that will ultimately show that they are, in fact, worse options than those playing ahead of them right now.......with the exception of Tyler Dorsey who is just bad with no hope of ever being good.

Just now, Guard said:

It’s obvious the SG position will be the first position this team looks at in the draft. Bazemore is not getting it done. His trade value is in the dumps right now. 

Trade to Houston for Ryan Anderson abd picks.. Atleast everyone will have a new body to bitch about being overpaid and garbage

1 minute ago, Guard said:

It’s obvious the SG position will be the first position this team looks at in the draft. Bazemore is not getting it done. His trade value is in the dumps right now. 

....and guess what.  That SG who will be a rookie next year will be worse than what Bazemore is right now......because that SG will be a ROOKIE.  Rookies are bad.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So far, the defense at SG - eeeech.

THjr couldn't be stopped. Garret Temple a less than 10ppg average player over the course of his career went nuts for 30 points :banghead:.

Who's gonna be the SG that goes for 30+ points?

Cavs up tomorrow - JR Smith or Jordan Clarkson - who you got?:blush:

JR is the Hawk killer, so it'll be him.

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The more you play Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman, the more you are going to expose their weaknesses that will ultimately show that they are, in fact, worse options than those playing ahead of them right now.......with the exception of Tyler Dorsey who is just bad with no hope of ever being good.

Yes.   I agree.  Their weaknesses will be exposed.  They both have plenty.  On the other hand, I gotta believe that they are both smart enough that, with the proper help, they will improve and grow.  That's what rookies do.  They grow. 

Right now, we all question if Lloyd P. and his assistant coaches are smart enough, capable enough to be of any help.  We really don't know.  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  We just have to trust in what they are and hope.

:biggrin:

13 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Yes.   I agree.  Their weaknesses will be exposed.  They both have plenty.  On the other hand, I gotta believe that they are both smart enough that, with the proper help, they will improve and grow.  That's what rookies do.  They grow. 

Right now, we all question if Lloyd P. and his assistant coaches are smart enough, capable enough to be of any help.  We really don't know.  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  We just have to trust in what they are and hope.

:biggrin:

I don't trust them, because I know why this coach is here and what the ultimate plan for this team is.  

I'm also not willing to absorb losses for the sake of "player development".  

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Against a bad team.  It was painful to watch this team play.  I felt like gouging my eyes out it was so bad.  

I had to go back and read this article to remind me what offense is supposed to look like:  https://bballbreakdown.com/2014/12/12/mike-budenholzer-beautiful-ever-varying-schemes/

Hmm, I read from you all last season that the Grizzlies were a great team that would never tank and only suffered losses because of “legitimate” injuries to their best players.  That they’d be lightyears ahead of the Hawks because they’d be adding a top pick to their already contending core.

Now with Conley and Gasol healthy plus your favorite rookie...

they are a “bad team”?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Hmm, I read from you all last season that the Grizzlies were a great team that would never tank and only suffered losses because of “legitimate” injuries to their best players.  That they’d be lightyears ahead of the Hawks because they’d be adding a top pick to their already contending core.

Now with Conley and Gasol healthy plus your favorite rookie...

they are a “bad team”?

They are light years ahead of the Hawks.  They are bad right now, but they are trying to win.  That's the difference.  They want to win.  I'd rather have what Memphis has right now than what the Hawks have.

15 hours ago, hazer said:

Carter can’t lay it in but buries the moving 3. K, makes sense ?

I bet it’s the bounce he’s missing now. When I started getting old, I could never quite get it through my head that when I jumped I’d go about half as high as I expected. Made layups hard all of a sudden, because I always thought I’d jump higher the next time - but I never did. 

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

You obviously do think it happens overnight, and you are also obviously one that thinks the team can go through this and then just flip a switch a be good again.  I've seen your pie in the sky record projection for this team.  

3-4 years (starting last year) to 40 wins and 8th in the East is obviously not overnight nor flipping a switch. 28 wins is the most predicted win total on this board, in line with a few sites I’ve read as well. I’ve seen your pie in the mud projection that Hawks won’t get in the win column until game 12, and only win 18 games overall.

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

3-4 years (starting last year) to 40 wins and 8th in the East is obviously not overnight nor flipping a switch. 28 wins is the most predicted win total on this board, in line with a few sites I’ve read as well. I’ve seen your pie in the mud projection that Hawks won’t get in the win column until game 12, and only win 18 games overall.

This is what you call unrealistic expectations.  

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They are light years ahead of the Hawks.  They are bad right now, but they are trying to win.  That's the difference.  They want to win.  I'd rather have what Memphis has right now than what the Hawks have.

And again, YOUR only reasononing for them being “bad” all last season was health so how is it now that they are healthy they are still “bad”? 

Take a moment to actually digest and formulate a response to my question because its a not-so-sly trap on:

A) Your stance that treadmilling is a viable option as represented by the Grizzlies whom you claimed would be a playoff team this season.

B) Your flipped stance on the Grizzlies simply because you refuse to give the Hawks credit for anything positive even in the face of evidence.

Not that there’s much credibility for you to lose here but I will be shocked, absolutely SHOCKED, if the Grizzlies don’t make the playoffs this season.  It would demonstrate that a “desire” to win isn’t the sole determinant for long term team building.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't trust them, because I know why this coach is here and what the ultimate plan for this team is.  

I'm also not willing to absorb losses for the sake of "player development".  

Then you have no true desire for the team to get BETTER.. What you say makes no sense. Hiw will they improve

13 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

And again, YOUR only reasononing for them being “bad” all last season was health so how is it now that they are healthy they are still “bad”? 

Take a moment to actually digest and formulate a response to my question because its a not-so-sly trap on:

A) Your stance that treadmilling is a viable option as represented by the Grizzlies whom you claimed would be a playoff team this season.

B) Your flipped stance on the Grizzlies simply because you refuse to give the Hawks credit for anything positive even in the face of evidence.

Not that there’s much credibility for you to lose here but I will be shocked, absolutely SHOCKED, if the Grizzlies don’t make the playoffs this season.  It would demonstrate that a “desire” to win isn’t the sole determinant for long term team building.

Of course he would rather have what the Grizzlies have. They have Conley,  Gasol and their own up and coming young stud player.. Tuning out now