• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

The media dosent like half white players like Trae. I think that's it.

Trae will probably get the second most press of any player in this rookie class.  I wouldn't say the media hates him.

I was very happy the Don Chick was ice cold after the first, but it's clear this guy is going to be a star...along with Trae, who I always wanted ahead of Donnie. I like them both but Trae is going to be a HOF (I'm a time traveler from the year 2070 and I guess I should just make that clear now).

(please don't ask me how many super bowls the Falcons win over the next 50 years because you're probably not going to like the answer.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I was being sarcastic. Just poking fun at the race card insinuation.

Lol I didn’t read the sarcasm but seeing it was you I knew something had to be amiss.  I was gonna be like “well Mahomes and Blake blah blah blah.”

I want to know the person on NBA's website who keeps messing with Trae Young's stats page. Every game I have checked his page and it's weirdly updated with horrible stats. Tonight, every player on both teams have upgraded 4 games stats, he is stuck on 3, but not the 3 he actually played (showing he is averaging 12 PPG on 23% when he's actually averaging 23 on 41%).

Some Doncic fan trying to trash Trae.

Just now, RWF said:

I want to know the person on NBA's website who keeps messing with Trae Young's stats page. Every game I have checked his page and it's weirdly updated with horrible stats. Tonight, every player on both teams have upgraded 4 games stats, he is stuck on 3, but not the 3 he actually played (showing he is averaging 12 PPG on 23% when he's actually averaging 23 on 41%).

Some Doncic fan trying to trash Trae.

Doncic fans aren't worried about Trae. Are you worried about Doncic?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, terrell said:

And who cares what ESPN thinks? Doncic wasnt anything special tonight either. Just sayin..

Doncic started out on fire but finished the game 7 for 18, 2 for 9 on 3's.  His main assignments to guard tonight were Prince/Bembry/Baze.  Nobody ever said Doncic can't shoot or can't use his big body effectively to get his shot off....what we said is he couldn't guard the 1/2 at the NBA level and would still struggle with the 3.   Go back and watch the comeback and only focus on Doncic on defense (don't follow the ball),  He got lost on defense over and over creating mismatches and lanes all through the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  Doncic is going to struggle his whole career to defend. He just doesn't have the quicks.  This is and will be his problem. It won't get better as he ages.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

One thing I loved was seeing VC make it a priority to give Trae the ball to handle the offense. Old vet to the rook. Vince is going to be really good for this team with his veteran experience going forward helping our growth

Since started tearing into some of the rooks at the end of Q1. Pierce wasn't even in the huddle, it was just VC going off. His leadership has been outstanding so far. 

I don't think 26 pt comeback are flukes. And if Trae wasn't relegated to the bench for a quarter bc of the bullshit fouls, he has another 22-25 pt night. So excited for this year's team, there's a lot of "right" happening. 

• Like 3