• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member

Could the Hawks package multiple selections with an eye toward a specific player that might be off the board before No. 8 overall? Absolutely. That may not be a wise investment given the flat nature of this draft class but, if Schlenk and his staff fall in love with a specific prospect, an argument could be made that going to get “their guy” may be wise.

Could the Hawks move down from No. 8 and/or No. 10 with an eye toward value? Well, yes. Conventional wisdom dictates that sliding down the board in a draft considered flat would be a wise value proposition (particularly if the team would be able to select what they deem to be a similar prospect while acquiring an extra asset) and, even if the Hawks don’t want to add five rookies to the 2019-20 roster, additional capital could be used in trade or with the ability to stash players internationally for the future. 

I'm guessing the 2nds more likely than not.

• Like 1

Thanks to all that made this happen. I never thought I’d miss a bunch of anonymous people like I have. Welcome home to all.

I can’t wait to see what we do in the draft. The rebuild has been a success so far. I’m looking forward to more of the same.

• Like 2

HOT-domighty, the band is back together, AGAIN! Must be the reunion tour 🤘🏼

Many much thanks to all who got us back up and running, no place like home. RealGM had to do for a while, but YUCK. Pop ups, bog downs, freezing, trolls, bleeehhh...

Cam with the 8th, Sekou with the 10th, Bruno if there’s a trade back or going with a big. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hazer said:

HOT-domighty, the band is back together, AGAIN! Must be the reunion tour 🤘🏼

Many much thanks to all who got us back up and running, no place like home. RealGM had to do for a while, but YUCK. Pop ups, bog downs, freezing, trolls, bleeehhh...

Cam with the 8th, Sekou with the 10th, Bruno if there’s a trade back or going with a big. 

Cam at 8.  At 10 .... Bitazde, baybee

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Colonel Schlank ordering up the 2-wangz platter, to GO 💫

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I finally got around to looking up Goga Bitazde and YES PLEASE.

That is the kind of big man you want in today’s NBA. Mobile, fearless, making plays all over the place, can dribble and shoot. Imagine his activity on defense on this roster. He is niiice. And if Cam pans out that’s a dynasty starting 5  for years. Young, Huerter, Reddish, Collins, Bitazde. Youthful, athletic, Everyone can shoot, man oh man.

The only thing that sucks is nothing I foresee ever comes true so we can almost bank on us picking 2 completely different players if we don’t  trade the picks away altogether 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Good to see the Squawk back up. Realgm was/is cool but the pop ups and glitches while trying to post were annoying. As far as the Draft is concerned, I'm cool as long as we come away with any combination of Reddish, Hunter, Culver, Langford, Okpala, King(Louis), Hayes, Fernando, Bitadze, Bassey, and Bazley.

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, capstone21 said:

That seems to be the consensus of who we will get at 8.  I am a fan of Culver and his game... I hope we find a way to get him.  The knock on Cam is that he loses focus a lot and his shooting was bad 35% and 33% from 3.  That is not good at all.  

As for Hayes ... I feel like he is a dime a dozen player.  The tall athletic dude that can block shots and dunk.  Pretty much Willy Cauley-Stein / Bismark Biyumbo / Robin Lopez etc etc.  He is that kind of player.  We can get that for cheap on the free agent market. 

Go take a chance on Sekou at 10.

I understand your rationale on Hayes but given his age, he could have a higher ceiling after being put on a nutrition program and with good coaching.  It's hard forecasting what someone can be unless you know what is in their heart along with the work ethic they've demonstrated over time.

• Admin
1 minute ago, AtlHomer said:

I understand your rationale on Hayes but given his age, he could have a higher ceiling after being put on a nutrition program and with good coaching.  It's hard forecasting what someone can be unless you know what is in their heart along with the work ethic they've demonstrated over time.

I like the fact that his defense is very solid but it is hard to point to how players like him who have come in have made much of an impact.  His profile fits the same as a ton of centers who came in as raw / potential / defensive who went in the lottery and were either busts or just role players.  Lottery should be used for potential impact players and someone like Sekou has potential star written all over him.  I would rather use the 10 on him and grab a free agent center on the cheap (like Len) to help grow in our system.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I like the fact that his defense is very solid but it is hard to point to how players like him who have come in have made much of an impact.  His profile fits the same as a ton of centers who came in as raw / potential / defensive who went in the lottery and were either busts or just role players.  Lottery should be used for potential impact players and someone like Sekou has potential star written all over him.  I would rather use the 10 on him and grab a free agent center on the cheap (like Len) to help grow in our system.

Well stated!  You changed my opinion to match yours.  If we don't resign Dedmon, there are other centers like him that we could plug into that slot.  Sekou is a risk also but like you suggest, he could be the next Giannis type of player in 2-3 years.

I also think Len was a great signing for us.  If he could be extended on a reasonable contract, I'd like to see that.

On another note, is there a way to edit comments after they have been posted.  That option exists on other boards I participate on however I did not see that on this one.  It can be great if you notice grammatical errors/typos after posting.

• Admin
1 hour ago, AtlHomer said:

Well stated!  You changed my opinion to match yours.  If we don't resign Dedmon, there are other centers like him that we could plug into that slot.  Sekou is a risk also but like you suggest, he could be the next Giannis type of player in 2-3 years.

I also think Len was a great signing for us.  If he could be extended on a reasonable contract, I'd like to see that.

On another note, is there a way to edit comments after they have been posted.  That option exists on other boards I participate on however I did not see that on this one.  It can be great if you notice grammatical errors/typos after posting.

I have the ability to edit but I am unsure if that is because I am a premium member or not.

3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Totally agree on Hayes.  Typical tall athlete that folks fall in love with every year.  Somebody tell me what's the difference between him and Cauley-Stein, Criss or any other same dude?

At least Bitazde has actually shown a diverse skill set from a basketball perspective.  Hayes will probably out-do him in terms of lobs and "potential" and all that but gimme the nuts 'n bolts game plus upside that you get from Bitazde.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Maybe 8 and 10 plus some more compensation to NY for RJ

I’d much rather have Cam and Sekou than RJ minus an asset.

• Like 1