• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

• Admin

I hate to lose another vet who is GREAT in the lockerroom.  Baz was excellent influence that is hard to replace.  Leadership is so important and with a young team you need guys like Baz to help the kids learn good habits.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This seems like a favor to Bazemore trade. Loyal, but wasn't going to get many mins with Bembry ahead of him, it seems like the Dorsey trade to me. 

Hell naw. 

I hope there is a pick coming and we cut him.  He will throw the whole team off with his game.  I don't want him trying to run point instead of Trae.  His lack of shooting will mean irregular spacing for the rest of the team.

We did not need to give a favor to Baze at all.  The contract we gave him is enough of a favor.  Should have let it ride and seen if there was legitimate trade interest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-blazers-trade-evan-turner-200148345.html

• Like 3

I also see it as them doing Bazemore a solid for being a team guy during this rebuilding process. With them drafting two wings, along with Huerter and possibly Crabbe getting minutes at shooting guard, his playing time was going to be greatly limited here. 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I hope there is a pick coming and we cut him.  He will throw the whole team off with his game.  I don't want him trying to run point instead of Trae.  His lack of shooting will mean irregular spacing for the rest of the team.

We did not need to give a favor to Baze at all.  The contract we gave him is enough of a favor.  Should have let it ride and seen if there was legitimate trade interest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-blazers-trade-evan-turner-200148345.html

There was no need to trade Baze right now. Let him be the locker room mentor and see about his value during the trade deadline.

• Like 3

Turner is at least not one dimensional but he can't shoot at all. We just cut our depth from ten deep to 9 deep. 

Trae/PG (Adams)

Kev/Bembry

Reddish/Hunter

Collins/Hunter/Omari

Len/Omari

Bruno not in the rotation yet. The others are trash. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Turner is at least not one dimensional but he can't shoot at all. We just cut our depth from ten deep to 9 deep. 

Trae/PG (Adams)

Kev/Bembry

Reddish/Hunter

Collins/Hunter/Omari

Len/Omari

Bruno not in the rotation yet. The others are trash. 

I think we have to keep Crabbe now.  A single injury puts our wings in a lot of trouble.  Turner cannot fit what we are doing. 

• Premium Member

Chouinard is suggesting Turner can play some PG, but he hasn't in at least the last two seasons per 82games.com, and oh by the way, Bembry has been doing that, and not too badly either.

Someone else suggested maybe it's a favor to Baze so he can play on a real contender in the lead-up to his contract year. But that seems specious.

Only thing I can figure is POR GM has some dirt on Travis.

Just now, sturt said:

Chouinard is suggesting Turner can play some PG, but he hasn't in at least the last two seasons per 82games.com, and oh by the way, Bembry has been doing that, and not too badly either.

Someone else suggested maybe it's a favor to Baze so he can play on a real contender in the lead-up to his contract year. But that seems specious.

Only thing I can figure is POR GM has some dirt on Travis.

This is what I was thinking, do they have plans of using Turner and Reddish at spot PGs? This likely means, he might just keep Adams.