• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Hey, Travis.  Remember how the entire Hawks fan base was behind you and ready to sing your praises all offseason?

tenor.gif?itemid=5381746

I am still singing his praises. At the end of the day, he hit where he is suppose to hit but this one is .... 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is what I was thinking, do they have plans of using Turner and Reddish at spot PGs? This likely means, he might just keep Adams. 

I don't know that keeping Adams has anything to do with it... again, you already have Bembry as a 3rd PG when you need it.

There's got to be something else to this.

Dang I hate times like this when we are reminded we really don't have any ATL media types who will go get answers to the MOST OBVIOUS questions that come up.

This might address TS PG needs:

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This also might be the move to bring Vince back. It opens up playing time for him.

It does as we are now shorter on SF mins, we need Hunter to split more of it. This opens up VC for his usual 15-18 MPG at PF. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This is good news for Crabbe fans as well. He will get backup mins at the 2. I feel for Bembry. Him and Turner in the backcourt is LOLZ!

Yeah, I would be hella pissed if I was Bembry and Turner doesn't get cut.  They fit the same role so every minute that Turner plays comes right out of Bembry's PT.

And we need to hold Turner's POS salary for potential trades.  Ugh.  

This is ugly.  I need a justification coming from Schlenk on this ASAP.  And it better not be about how we plan to play Evan F'ing Turner.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Don't really get this move outside of them not wanting to give Bazemore minutes next year and being kind enough to not crater his Free Agent value going into next season. Probably not a lot of suitors for Bazemore at the moment so we took the only one that could play point guard I guess. :ninja:

• Like 4

I understand not being a fan of Turner (I'm not either), but it sounds like people are forgetting that Baze wasn't very good last season. Turner may have even been a little better. Mainly this hurts from a locker room perspective. Baze is one of the most likable guys in the league.

• Like 4

Well, I'll take this trade as Bazemore's value not being nearly as high as we thought and them doing him a favor by sending him to a team where he wouldn't get completely buried on the bench in his contract year...

• Moderators
On 6/13/2019 at 2:35 PM, AHF said:

If people don't know it from my posting history, I never want to see Evan Turner in a Hawks uniform.  No thank you.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:16 PM, AHF said:

Evan Turner is a dumpster fire.  Hedo was at least a near All-Star for a couple of years.  Don’t he will mirror either of them.  Think his llaymaking is waayy more advanced while his shooting is much better than Turner but much worse than Turk as of today.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:32 PM, AHF said:

Super wish Baze's option was a team option and not a player option.  The best thing I can say about [Bazemore's] deal is that at least we gave it to Baze and not Evan "the Human Dumpster Fire" Turner.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, AHF said:

It's not in a vacuum.  Baze has always been better than "I can't shoot a jumper" TurnerI hated on Baze's deal but from day 1 I would rather have had Baze than Turner.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:25 PM, AHF said:

61 games is a better sample size.  We’ll see how well he actually scores in the NBA but Turner is absolute garbage in this regard.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:34 PM, AHF said:

Turner career 12.0 PER, -2.0 BPM, 0.1 VORP for a guy picked #3 and paid near max money that is dumpster fire.

Add in that career .492% TS% and :barf:

Just a few posts from 2018-19.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2