Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I never thought we would hire a good GM who knows his shit and that we would ever figure out how to build a team. 

The nice surprises are the ones that us Hawks fans no nothing about. It's great to seem to be going in the proper direction for a change. Feels good huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You didn't think that the Clippers were going to let him go did you?

I honestly thought he might be able to be preyed loose. I know Jerry West loves him though. False hope I guess.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I honestly thought he might be able to be preyed loose. I know Jerry West loves him though. False hope I guess.

You thought we would go shopping in an upscale store for a center?  I told you Schlenk wasn't going shopping in them stores...Expect Tyson Chandler/Greg Monroe types of a g-leaguer to fill the remaining roster spots.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You thought we would go shopping in an upscale store for a center?  I told you Schlenk wasn't going shopping in them stores...Expect Tyson Chandler/Greg Monroe types of a g-leaguer to fill the remaining roster spots.

That’s fine. I trust Schlenk. We can afford to wait. No rush.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well maybe my wish will come true from last year and we sign Justin Patton.  Good young center with some potential upside. Career derailed by no playing time and injuries.

Thing is, I think we might be able to snag him on a 2-way deal at this point.

Which would be great, because I'd really like to see him get some games under his belt in G-League. Thought Sixers rushed him a bit, and he looked about 10-15 pounds heavier, which is what happens when you're off your feet as long as he was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Lakers have no consistent shooting ... they have talent but I don’t like their team.  Clippers on the other hand have a nice balance and phenomenal defense ... they look dangerous 

The Lakers have more shooters this year. Danny Green, Quinn Cook, Kyle Kuzma (needs to get more consistent).  Last year, they had none. I believe they have a couple of more shooters too.

• Like 1

Quinn Cook 2 for 6 million is a very good signing.  Not sure why Golden State couldn’t keep him around.

Bigs we should look at now in no particular order:

Kenneth Faried

Greg Monroe

JaMychal Green

Marcus Morris

We should take the best locker room player ( teammate ) of the bunch and call it a day.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Kenneth Faried

Greg Monroe

JaMychal Green

Marcus Morris

We should take the best locker room player ( teammate ) of the bunch and call it a day.

Green is with the Clipps I think. Morris signed with the Pistons I thought? No. I read somewhere.

I love Faried. Hate Monroe.

• Premium Member

Pretty sure Morris signed with SAS.

And Green has been rumored all day to be returning to LAC, but I've seen no actual report. When I google it, that's still the case.

Said earlier, it would be so Schlenk-like to get JaMychal.

But, I'd be inclined to think the rumors are going to prove accurate.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Kenneth Faried

Greg Monroe

JaMychal Green

Marcus Morris

Spurs got Morris. What about Davis Bertans off waivers from the Wiz.