• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

Right now as it is now we have lost Dedmon and Spellman for Jabari Parker and Damian Jones, that is disapointing at the very least. Lost on everything shooting, future potential, rebounding, defnse, fit.... I hope we are not done making moves on the frontcourt

16 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Right now as it is now we have lost Dedmon and Spellman for Jabari Parker and Damian Jones, that is disapointing at the very least. Lost on everything shooting, future potential, rebounding, defnse, fit.... I hope we are not done making moves on the frontcourt

Yeah hopefully that wasn’t the center pickup Kirschner was talking about 

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Dedmon...resign Dedmon instead of cheap shotting the guy and minimizing his importance to Trae's and the team's success

You do realize that no one wanted Dedmon before he came to the Hawks?  The Hawks helped him develop his three point shot.  So that bargain shopping, as you call it, worked out well for Dedmon.  Why will it not work out well for other signees? 

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

Yeah hopefully that wasn’t the center pickup Kirschner was talking about 

Speaking of Kirschner, anyone have the cliff's notes for this? https://theathletic.com/1067932/2019/07/08/analysis-hawks-give-up-on-omari-spellman-before-his-second-season-begins/

This is the opening few paragraphs:

This summer was supposed to be Omari Spellman’s time to show he had learned from his rookie year mistakes.

When he stepped on a scale in December and saw 293 pounds 😱, he realized a change was needed immediately. He started working out twice per day. He started working with team nutritionist Marie Spano, who recommended Spellman eat eggs with vegetables for breakfast, a salad for lunch and salmon with vegetables and rice or quinoa for dinner.

Spellman welcomed change. Since the end of the season, he was in the team’s practice facility nearly every day working with Chelsea Lane and her staff trying to transform his body.

Spellman said Saturday that he was still far away from achieving his weight loss goals, and it was noticeable to those watching in Las Vegas. He consistently was pressed by the staff to get in better shape, but the progress wasn’t coming fast enough.

The Hawks decided Monday that Spellman needed a new start. Atlanta...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

You do realize that no one wanted Dedmon before he came to the Hawks?  The Hawks helped him develop his three point shot.  So that bargain shopping, as you call it, worked out well for Dedmon.  Why will it not work out well for other signees? 

Yeah Dedmon got better and then he left.  Hawks didn’t or couldn’t keep up with his contract demands.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Cause they ain't Dedmon!

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Lets hear from the cheering squad

Damien Jones was the mystery center. Can wait to hear from the spin doctors

Dang you got this bunch tore up.  Lol.  

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no 🤦‍♀️ Dude can ball 🏀 

So what is the average age of Rondo, D. Green and Bradley? Think they went this route before with Malone and Peyton. Think Malone may have been a good bit older.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So what is the average age of Rondo, D. Green and Bradley? Think they went this route before with Malone and Peyton. Think Malone may have been a good bit older.

They are basically all older players who’ve all had some major injuries. It’s gonna be interesting for sure. The Lakers approach is sign everyone and see which talent is not injured at playoff time and make a run. Jeanie has some decisions to make and a major one should include herself running the show in the future. 

This could seriously blow up in their face. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

History does tend to repeat itself.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Or so I’ve heard. 😊 

I still do it myself subconsciously. 😆 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

So I see you have been hanging out with my in-laws.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Or so I’ve heard. 😊 

I still do it myself subconsciously. 😆 

You'll go blind, ya know...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Speaking of Kirschner, anyone have the cliff's notes for this? https://theathletic.com/1067932/2019/07/08/analysis-hawks-give-up-on-omari-spellman-before-his-second-season-begins/

This is the opening few paragraphs:

From the article they see Jones as an elite PnR big with center size. 

They feel they can rejuvenate Parker's career but I think he is a career 6th man. That's just what he is. Embrace it 

• Moderators

Green was a great signing.  Bradley looked shot recently.  Rondo is clearly not where he used to be but has actually held up better than I would have guessed.  Given the need for defense, Green and Bradley make sense and using Rondo off the bench is probably a good fit.  If they plan to start him, I think that would be a mistake.