• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

^^^I think some us are underrating this signing. Jabari still has serious offensive game despite the injuries.

That he does. I just need him to care a little about defense.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Two days later and there's still no official announcement coming from Hawks central command.

Maybe we'll get that this morning?

For whatever reason, Parker just doesn't impress me as someone who would be above pulling back on his commitment if SAS loses Morris to NYK, and then, has a hole to fill for a 2-year contract and a couple million more.

Parker is an improvement at backup 4 over Spellman and Carter. Len picks up right where he left off, C is solid. I feel like Hunter will be an upgrade over Prince at SF. Crabbe is a superior 3pt shooter to Baze. Turner is an improvement at backup PG over Adams. Factor in growth from Trae, Kev, and John and this team wins at least 40 games and sneaks into the playoffs. The Parker signing, especially at that price, helps this team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, sturt said:

Two days later and there's still no official announcement coming from Hawks central command.

Maybe we'll get that this morning?

For whatever reason, Parker just doesn't impress me as someone who would be above pulling back on his commitment if SAS loses Morris to NYK, and then, has a hole to fill for a 2-year contract and a couple million more.

Maybe tomorrow morning?

I think of this signing similar to the first Millsap signing. People didn't make much of it because we were focused on finding a C to appease Alice, who at the time was whining about not getting to play PF. That signing turned out to be a steal. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So, yeah...

Parker > Spellman

Jones > Plumlee

...and...

Turner = Lin

Crabbe = Bazemore

Parsons = Anderson

Is that probably about right, insofar as Schlenk thinks about the non-rookies acquired versus 2018-19 players traded or released?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, yeah...

Parker > Spellman

Jones > Plumlee

...and...

Turner = Lin

Crabbe = Bazemore

Parsons = Anderson

Is that probably about right, insofar as Schlenk thinks about the non-rookies acquired versus 2018-19 players traded or released?

Dedmon > Parson