• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lorenzen Wright Case Update: Wife Pleads Guilty

kg01

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Actually, my crack research shows it was her and a Deacon at her church conspiring to collect a $1 million life insurance policy...which she spent over ten months (!) instead of giving any to their kids. Lovely gal, this one.

Edit: I am sure I already know the answer, but $1 million seems like an awfully low amount for a life insurance policy. Willing to bet he let her blow what was left of his NBA earnings as well.

That would have been my second guess

Holy crap.....I've met them both...used to deliver them pizzas and would ask for me specifically to talk the team and charity (few knew he had a very big heart...a lot of his family lived with him and he gave of his time freely). Glad there is finally closure but it is sad.

• Like 4

Defense attorney Juni Ganguli told reporters outside of the courtroom that Sherra Wright’s defense at trial would have been that her ex-husband beat her for years and she was tired of it. He said the defense would have been “scorched earth.”

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Jury convicts Billy Ray Turner in slaying of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright

5:36 PM ET
  • Associated Press

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- A jury on Monday convicted a Tennessee man in the slaying of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright, whose bullet-riddled body was found in a field nearly 12 years ago in his hometown of Memphis.

The 12-person jury deliberated for about two hours before it found Billy Ray Turner guilty of first-degree murder, attempted murder and conspiracy in the death of Wright, a 6-foot, 11-inch center who played 13 seasons in the NBA before he retired after the 2008-09 campaign. Shelby County Criminal Court Judge Lee Coffee sentenced Turner, 51, to life in prison for the murder conviction. He will be sentenced for the other charges at a later date.

• Thanks 1