• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, kg01 said:

https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/1222363748800835589?s=20

Can we trade the pick now, please?

Who's wit me now?

Until you tell me who is worth trading a top 5 pick for that's actually available....Nope, not wit ya.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Until you tell me who is worth trading a top 5 pick for that's actually available....Nope, not wit ya.

I'm more so telling you no one in this draft is worthy of a top 5 pick.  I'm asking you to tell me I'm wrong.  I don't think you can.  Take that.

ETA:  And furthermore, I'll use your own words to bolster my point .....

No one player will fix this teams problem....we have a myriad...

satisfaction.gif

You tell 'em, RIck.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/1222363748800835589?s=20

Can we trade the pick now, please?

Who's wit me now?

For the right value, sure.  But college success is not a mandate for NBA success.  Think about the disappointing college runs of Trae, Ben Simmons, Shaq, Pistol Pete, Lillard, Paul George, Klay Thompson...  You’d think they would all have made the tourney and been dark horses to win it all (especially Shaq’s team).  Most NBA players are not as good as them and their success isn’t the bar I’d set for Edwards but just saying when UGA misses the tournament that it doesn’t spell doom for his NBA career.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm more so telling you no one in this draft is worthy of a top 5 pick.  I'm asking you to tell me I'm wrong.  I don't think you can.  Take that.

ETA:  And furthermore, I'll use your own words to bolster my point .....

satisfaction.gif

You tell 'em, RIck.

The draft like everything is a crap shoot and like a said I don't watch college basketball.

So, it should be easier for you to tell me of ALL the AVAILABLE players currently in the NBA who you would trade the pick for. 

I don't think you can! Just ask Rick.😎

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

For the right value, sure.  But college success is not a mandate for NBA success.  Think about the disappointing college runs of Trae, Ben Simmons, Shaq, Pistol Pete, Lillard, Paul George, Klay Thompson...  You’d think they would all have made the tourney and been dark horses to win it all (especially Shaq’s team).  Most NBA players are not as good as them and their success isn’t the bar I’d set for Edwards but just saying when UGA misses the tournament that it doesn’t spell doom for his NBA career.

I'm looking more at 'how' they play, not necessarily the team's record.

I've contended Edwards is more like a worse-shooting Lavine, which isn't a tasty proposition imho.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The draft like everything is a crap shoot and like a said I don't watch college basketball.

So, it should be easier for you to tell me of ALL the AVAILABLE players currently in the NBA who you would trade the pick for. 

I don't think you can! Just ask Rick.😎

I think this is just a fancy way of saying you agree with me but ... *sigh* ... I guess I'll play your game.

I can see Beal being available.  I can see one of the Sixer boys being available.  I can see Chuk McC being available in POR (although I wouldn't like him here).  I can see Jrue Holiday being available too.

There, you win this round.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I've contended Edwards is more like a worse-shooting Lavine, which isn't a tasty proposition imho.

I think this is just a fancy way of saying you agree with me but ... *sigh* ... I guess I'll play your game.

I can see Beal being available.  I can see one of the Sixer boys being available.  I can see Chuk McC being available in POR (although I wouldn't like him here).  I can see Jrue Holiday being available too.

Trae, Beal, Hunter, collins, Adams next year?   How good is that team?  I have no idea actually.

46 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agreed. Especially a UGA team where everyone with a pinch of talent is a true freshman. 

Edwards will be fine but he's raw. He will take time to develop. His potential is obvious. I hope he lands in a situation where development is king and they have his role available which is a 6th man in year 1.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He shoots better than Zack out of college. In fact, he is superior to Zack out of college. 

http://www.tankathon.com/players/anthony-edwards

http://www.tankathon.com/players/zach-lavine

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Beal, Simmons, Embiid - all worth a top 5 pick.

Your boy Chucky and Jrue....not so much.

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He shoots better than Zack out of college. In fact, he is superior to Zack out of college. 

http://www.tankathon.com/players/anthony-edwards

http://www.tankathon.com/players/zach-lavine

Yeah, ok.  We're talking about the potential #1 pick in the draft, sun.  And we're a team that can no longer wait 3-4 years for a guy to ... maybe develop.

IOW, you all agree with me that we should trade the pick?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

you all agree with me that we should trade the pick?

Only if the value is there.  I'm not opposed to keeping the pick and spending money in FA to make us much more competitive next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Only if the value is there.  I'm not opposed to keeping the pick and spending money in FA to make us much more competitive next year.

The real worry here is not who we draft or who we sign next off season. The worry is can we start becoming competitive? If we bust next season like this season, Trae and Ressler will both be disappointed. I know we have Trae locked up because of his rookie contract; but three years of losing this badly could leave a lasting impression.

This ship needs to get righted next year or ownership will start panicking. You cannot have one of the young marquee players in the game going through three 30 win seasons in a row. Something good needs to be done.

I love the potential of Fernando, Huerter, Reddish, and Hunter to go along with Collins and Trae; but this quality depth issue has to be addressed. We need dependable vets who can pick the team up on nights like last night and many others like it so far this season.

I do not have a problem taking Wiseman, McDaniels, Oturu with our lottery pick. Even someone like Stewart. Ninaji, or Hampton with the Nets pick.  These are just some of the college players thought of highly. I am sure by the combine time things will get shuffled around. But its time to get some quality vets.

Here is my list in alphabetical order:
Davis Bertrans,  Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jae Crowder, Goran Dragic,  Andre Drummond,  Derrick Favors, Evan Fournier, Danilo Gallinari,  Marc Gasol, Montrezl Harrell, Joe Harris,  Serge Ibaka,  Reggie Jackson, Paul Millsap, Fred VanVleet, Hassan Whiteside. Some of these players need to opt out; others are at the end of their deals.

All these players bring something to the table that we are lacking. Defense, three point shooting, rebounding. There may not be any stars to be had in this list but there are plenty of very good vet players that can fill in the holes. Schlenk can sign some good vets out of this class with all our cap and still keep a max slot open for 2021/22 free agency.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think we will be capable of getting some good vet players to fill the holes and that will make a tremendous difference for this team.  Just the difference between our vets last year and this year illustrates how important that depth can be, IMO, and we can definitely do better than we did last year.

Schlenk and his team need to be prepped and ready to go. No heehawing around like last season when Parker was one of the last signings of any relevance.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Schlenk and his team need to be prepped and ready to go. No heehawing around like last season when Parker was one of the last signings of any relevance.

Last season he wanted us to be in the lottery again.  He needs to have a goal of being in the playoffs next year which will necessitate a much more aggressive posture in FA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AHF said:

Last season he wanted us to be in the lottery again.  He needs to have a goal of being in the playoffs next year which will necessitate a much more aggressive posture in FA.

That is what I am hoping for. We need a few good vets on this team. I don't see Collins getting suspended again; so we just have to hope the injury bug goes away.