• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was a good article overall but yeah, ET wants a buyout, that's not new. 

It feels like the Hawks never get value from expiring contracts, just cap space. I'm tired of the buyouts. Get some 2nds and an expiring that can actually contribute. Get something. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was a good article overall but yeah, ET wants a buyout, that's not new. 

He's been stealing money from the moment he arrived in the NBA and has taken it to a new level here.  Didn't even pretend to try or care.  How is he doing in a season where is shooting an epically bad .434% TS%, recorded negative win shares, negative BPM, negative VORP, negative everything and been put on the sidelines for having a bad attitude?

Evan Turner laughed and said he was getting fat, happy and rich 

He has never cared about the game.  Just getting paid.

Give him money and you know what you are getting:

tumblr_p47rzqKUVI1v14rjio1_500.gif

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

He's been stealing money from the moment he arrived in the NBA and has taken it to a new level here.  Didn't even pretend to try or care.  How is he doing in a season where is shooting an epically bad .434% TS%, recorded negative win shares, negative BPM, negative VORP, negative everything and been put on the sidelines for having a bad attitude?

This is so funny to me. Normally @AHF is reasonable, but mention Evan Turner and he's TRIGGERED! LMAO 😂!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is so funny to me. Normally @AHF is reasonable, but mention Evan Turner and he's TRIGGERED! LMAO 😂!

Now we know how to light 💡 a fire 🔥 under AHF’s lil tushy.. just mention Evan Turner. Well either than or call Ashley Judd a tramp. 😬 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My apologies for not posting snippets, it wasn't all bad. He did have some good things to say:

Why do you think it hasn’t worked out for you here? When they traded for you they said you were coming in to be Trae’s backup.

I’ve been injured some, and being Trae’s backup means he’s averaging 36 (minutes) per game, so what would I be playing? Like three minutes at a time? That’s not like any type of diss or anything like that. If you don’t know the conversation we’re having, you get a bitter individual. That’s not the case. You say Trae’s backup, and that’s 12 minutes, maybe. I also understand that it’s about development. Like Brandon (Goodwin), he’s gotten a great opportunity to continue to vibe in this league, and I’m excited for him for that. Charlie Brown (Jr.) — I know how hard he works. I’m excited for people to get their opportunity. I’m excited to see Cam (Reddish) and De’Andre Hunter eat. It’s certain moments like this where I was the No. 2 pick, and I wish that would have happened for me. I learned a lot from (those veterans), but when you’re honest with yourself, you don’t trip over things like not playing.

My final question, and understanding you likely don’t have a part of it, but you’re in it every day, what do you see the future of this team looking like?

I think the biggest thing is if they have established roles and figure it out, I think we could be dangerous. These aren’t little kids. You have a guy like De’Andre (Hunter), who’s 6-8 and like 220 (pounds). You have a kid like Cam, who’s had up and down moments but when he gets going, he has All-Star written on him. You have dudes like Brandon (walks by), who is always going to be a strong third-stringer and can move up and Shelvin Mack it. You have dudes like Trae, who can do what we needs to do and is a possible All-Star this season. John Collins is going to be legit. I think if they turn the right corner, they have pieces you can trade for. I think they’re going to be OK.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

And we voluntarily traded for him.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I’m pissed at him now in a new way.  I always knew he was a garbage player but when he came here and I got over that waste of cash and roster space I got behind him as a veteran leader who could come out, move the ball, defend and set a good example for the youngsters.  I read the quotes from Portland about how important he was to their locker room and came around on his attitude.  While I might not like his game, this was a time for this team where true veteran professionalism had value.  It would help set the right standard.  It would help show the work ethic and approach that would serve as lessons they would take with them for their career.

Then...waaa, waaahhhhh.  Reality.  

F you guys.  I didn’t come here to play 15 minutes behind Trae.  As long as you pay me my 18m+ I don’t give a f*******.  Outta my way b*****es.  It is time for some buffet.  Just keep that check coming.

And I let him make me think there was an actual upside to him coming.  I let him convince me he had any kind of redeeming value.  

It used to be just his garbage play that I hated and not him.  No longer.  Now the only upside is I can bring the hate on him (as a fan don’t wish him anything real in his life away from the court) without remorse because he just wasted this team’s time and resources.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Wow.  Interesting to see how high quality our shots are.  The not shooting straight part Is less surprising.  Generally I’d be very happy with an offensive design that produces that quality of shot but I’m not sure how much of that is chicken and egg.  I.e., how many of the high quality attempts are opponents letting us have because they don’t respect our shot?

• Like 2