• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 1/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, hawkman said:

Yeah the team clearly needs functional (on court, sorry Vince!) veteran leadership. I still think Schlenk made a huge mistake letting Baze, Dedmon, and prince go in the same offseason and bringing in unknowns. I'm not saying he should've kept all three of them, but you can't let that much veteran leadership go at once and maintain any continuity from last season. 

Baze was moody and didn't want to be here. Prince has been terrible, Dedmon... I'll give you Dedmon; made no sense not to bring him back even at his current salary. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Baze was moody and didn't want to be here. Prince has been terrible, Dedmon... I'll give you Dedmon; made no sense not to bring him back even at his current salary. 

I'm talking more about veteran locker room presence that can also lead by example on the court. You can't let all of those guys go in one offseason, replace them with worse players, and then expect to pick up where you left off. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'm talking more about veteran locker room presence that can also lead by example on the court. You can't let all of those guys go in one offseason, replace them with worse players, and then expect to pick up where you left off. 

Double down on that when 2 of your 3 projected best players are out or hampered by injury for most of the early part of the season.  Formula for a rough start.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I don't know where the accident was, but drivers always have to be extra cautious around North Druid Hills Road. Way too frequent scenes of wrong-way drivers accessing the Interstate and cars jutting across 5/6 lanes of traffic to exit a retail driveway.

Glad he's in good hands at Emory.

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm glad he's okay...but when I first saw the headline, i thought he was traded, don't judge me, lol.:dont_mention:

😂 Bird. Me too. I hope he’s ok I just literally almost had the same thing during thanksgiving when car 🚘 spun outta control. Stay safe on the roads it’s no joke people. 🙏🏿 

• Thanks 1