• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wow.  Interesting to see how high quality our shots are.  The not shooting straight part Is less surprising.  Generally I’d be very happy with an offensive design that produces that quality of shot but I’m not sure how much of that is chicken and egg.  I.e., how many of the high quality attempts are opponents letting us have because they don’t respect our shot?

I think we are also looking at a small sample size issue when it comes to those shots.  We know Trae can shoot.  We know Kevin can shoot and has had some issues with injuries and confidence this year.  From a form standpoint, Cam Reddish has everything you want in a shooter.  DeAndre Hunter can shoot in some spot up situations.  At some point, those shots are going to start falling.  They still need to add shooters, and I feel like Travis is going to want shooters at every position.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wow.  Interesting to see how high quality our shots are.  The not shooting straight part Is less surprising.  Generally I’d be very happy with an offensive design that produces that quality of shot but I’m not sure how much of that is chicken and egg.  I.e., how many of the high quality attempts are opponents letting us have because they don’t respect our shot?

When I say LP is a good coach and very talented, nephews decide to argue with me. We play the right way, we just don't have the right personnel.

Hunter and Reddish have the potential. Kevin fits but the others are still WIP

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I’m excited for people to get their opportunity. I’m excited to see Cam (Reddish) and De’Andre Hunter eat. It’s certain moments like this where I was the No. 2 pick, and I wish that would have happened for me. I learned a lot from (those veterans), but when you’re honest with yourself, you don’t trip over things like not playing.

I haven't seen the whole article but this doesn't seem to bad to me.  It's not like he can play better than he is.  

I agree with Spud though.  Who's going to sign him after a buyout?  And if no one is interested why would he even take one?  Maybe Portland wants him back now that Baze is gone?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I haven't seen the whole article but this doesn't seem to bad to me.  It's not like he can play better than he is.  

I agree with Spud though.  Who's going to sign him after a buyout?  And if no one is interested why would he even take one?  Maybe Portland wants him back now that Baze is gone?

Portland.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

What happened to Baze????

Never mind just saw he got traded to the Kings. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think we are also looking at a small sample size issue when it comes to those shots.  We know Trae can shoot.  We know Kevin can shoot and has had some issues with injuries and confidence this year.  From a form standpoint, Cam Reddish has everything you want in a shooter.  DeAndre Hunter can shoot in some spot up situations.  At some point, those shots are going to start falling.  They still need to add shooters, and I feel like Travis is going to want shooters at every position.  

We've got over half a season of sample size at this point.  This isn't like after 8 games or something.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

A half season is still not a big sample size, particularly when you are looking at young players.  

It is a sample size of almost 4000 shots and you would expect the young players to take lower quality shots.  This sounds like something real to me.  In my mind, it is more a question of how much is due to the offense generating these looks and how much reflects teams not respecting our shooting or dropping their defense during blowouts.  In either case, 4000 shots in seems like enough to identify a real trend.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is a sample size of almost 4000 shots and you would expect the young players to take lower quality shots.  This sounds like something real to me.  In my mind, it is more a question of how much is due to the offense generating these looks and how much reflects teams not respecting our shooting or dropping their defense during blowouts.  In either case, 4000 shots in seems like enough to identify a real trend.

it jibes with what we all see night in and out.  Guys missing shots.   I swear Hunter only hits the contested, no rhythm 3s.  When he's open it's clank.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Leonard, PG13, and Pat Bev out tonight 

Trae and Len questionable while Parker, Bembry and Parsons are out.

Which means TRae is probably out..smh

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If Trae doesn't play I'd want some free beer or something if i paid big bucks for a ticket.

In all seriousness I hope you have a great experience at the game tonight Mac. Really stinks that Trae is out I know he was your boy from the start through the draft process.