• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Only if the value is there.  I'm not opposed to keeping the pick and spending money in FA to make us much more competitive next year.

It's kind of a catch-22, because we might want to trade the pick because there isn't really a clear prospect worthy of it, but conversely, because it is an iffy draft we won't get good value in a trade. Kinda sucks all the all around.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think the Hawks should move the pick at all. 

I agree now for the most part. This season is lost as far as I am concerned. No reason to use a good pick on someone with all the depth available in next season's free agent class. I think Adams could still be a remote option but I am not feeling it with the way OKC is playing. I'd not be surprised if Presti tries to hit a home run with their late picks ( his own and Denver's ) and he just rides this season out.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is some prospects in this class but there isn't an obvious fit. I like Okongwu.

I'm not a fan of Okongwu, not really all that skilled or even all that athletic.  He is more of a later lottery pick 12-14 IMO.

Edited by Blunt91

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I still haven't heard timeframes on any of these guys

The only timeline was Parker's- would be reevaluated in 2 weeks, so next week.

Bruno and Bembry has gone from out to doubtful which signifies they are getting closer to return.  Maybe by the weekend games?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only timeline was Parker's- would be reevaluated in 2 weeks, so next week.

Bruno and Bembry has gone from out to doubtful which signifies they are getting closer to return.  Maybe by the weekend games?

They can shelve Bembry but I want Bruno back!

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😯

....but how many can/will they make!

Why???? Shooting more 3s when you can't hit the broad side of a barn is not the answer. Why not run some actual plays for Collins? Why not run some plays for Trae that puts him in a position to catch and shoot? 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Why???? Shooting more 3s when you can't hit the broad side of a barn is not the answer. Why not run some actual plays for Collins? Why not run some plays for Trae that puts him in a position to catch and shoot? 

I'm hoping it was said in jest, trying to find an actual clip. No luck so far.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm hoping it was said in jest, trying to find an actual clip. No luck so far.

The clip is linked in the tweet. The way he said 70 sounded like a humorous exaggeration, but his point was he wants the team to take every open rhythm shot they get because they won't keep missing them like they did against Toronto.

Problem is, our team has proven to be world class at missing open shots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Is bembry still out for personal reasons?

I'm not missing him, but usually personal means a family issue or something, but I see him present. 

No...Nueritis of the hand. Had a non surgical procedure. Listed as doubtful for this game, so should be back soon.

• Thanks 1